15th overall pick

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante agrees lol

You can't fix them all and it's one of the reasons I'm scared of Quentin Johnston, but Washington has made some pretty amazing catches(see combine). For that reason, I'm betting on him to succeed.

I saw that one handed catch by Washington at the combine. What I took away from it was not much about the catch other than he wears some sticky gloves....the more telling thing to me was how bad he looked running that route preceding the catch. He did not look fluid at all, change of direction looked like it was a struggle for him.

Admittedly thats the only route I watched him run but from that I thought. They better not draft that dude, hes not likely to ever be an impact player

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw that one handed catch by Washington at the combine. What I took away from it was not much about the catch other than he wears some sticky gloves....the more telling thing to me was how bad he looked running that route preceding the catch. He did not look fluid at all, change of direction looked like it was a struggle for him.

Admittedly thats the only route I watched him run but from that I thought. They better not draft that dude, hes not likely to ever be an impact player
Darnell is not a pure or crisp route runner and watching film to be fair he looks much more fluid and athletic once he has the ball rather than running his route at this point. Dude can straight hop and make things happen if has has the ball though.

Some of the better route guys are of course Dalton Kincaid, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave and to me Davis Allen runs excellently.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't meant as a knock on Washington at all. According to PFF he didn't have a huge issue with drops aside of his first season in college anyway.
It wasn't really a drop problem, but he had times where he struggled catching balls that were more in and down. Again, I've watched just about every Georgia game as a die-hard fan. He catches really well outside of his frame, but had some strange drops that hit him in the chest or near his thighs.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He's an immediate impact player in any running scheme and red zone. If you don't think a more athletic Big Dawg doesn't help this team's run game, I don't know what to tell you. He was a man amongst boys in the blocking drills and has shown it throughout college. He's great at finding holes in zone and is only getting better. Like I said previously, if it wasn't for Georgia having an all-pro receiving tight end, he would have been utilized a lot more in the receiving game, but was still a gigantic mismatch.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darnell is not a pure or crisp route runner and watching film to be fair he looks much more fluid and athletic once he has the ball rather than running his route at this point. Dude can straight hop and make things happen if has has the ball though.

Some of the better route guys are of course Dalton Kincaid, Sam LaPorta, Luke Musgrave and to me Davis Allen runs excellently.
I love Kincaid because he's the purest route runner and probably the best at identifying gaps in coverage in the draft. I just wonder if the Packers cross him off their list because he'll be 24 in October. I think it honestly depends on how they want to use him, but he's not the best blocker and it already takes about 3 years for a tight end to hit their stride.

LaPorta almost seems like a can't miss prospect to me and I'd love to snag him later.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Kincaid because he's the purest route runner and probably the best at identifying gaps in coverage in the draft. I just wonder if the Packers cross him off their list because he'll be 24 in October. I think it honestly depends on how they want to use him, but he's not the best blocker and it already takes about 3 years for a tight end to hit their stride.

LaPorta almost seems like a can't miss prospect to me and I'd love to snag him later.

Depending what we get back in Rodgers trade I’d 100% embrace LaPorta in second or third. I have a 2nd round grade on him but know I may be higher than some on him

Staff online

Members online