11 days until our first game!!!!!!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I can't even put into words how excited I am for the season to start. This is going to be a very exciting year of football. I don't even know what to say other than.....GO PACK GO!!!!!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is their anything less fullfilling than a preseason game? I mean Im excited to see the pack, but just as the offense gets rolling they pull them. and games mean nothing. Kind of a buzz kill.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
It's a matter of perspective ivo. I understand and agree with everything that you said, but compared to the lockout and the very really prospect a couple weeks ago that there would be no football whatsoever, pre-season is incredibly welcome at this point.

Reaction score
Is their anything less fullfilling than a preseason game? I mean Im excited to see the pack, but just as the offense gets rolling they pull them. and games mean nothing. Kind of a buzz kill.

Your exactly right, but watching a preseason Packers game is just so thrilling since it is a predecessor to what's to come. Remember the Colts game in the preseason when we racked up the points? That, my friend, was exciting.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just so happy and excited to have football back at all that I don't even care if it's pre-season or not! I'll take football any way I can get it at this point. I just want to see my Packers play and get back to championship form.

It's been a long and brutal off-season but, it's time to dust those cheesehead hats off, break out with the jerseys and all other things Packers! Game faces on. It's time for some football, baby! Hell yeah!!!!!! Hail Packers! Glory be to the Pack!

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I have visions of watching that first pre-season game, hot summer night, cold beer....I'm getting giddy.

My point exactly. I know preseason games aren't fulfilling.....I do look forward to the first preseason game though. Hearing Wayne and Larry on the radio for the first time of the season, seeing the Pack on the field....yellow helmets blazing in the late summer sun...cold beer with brats and steaks on the grill. To me it is one of the most enjoyable days of the football season. I absolutely cannot wait.

Packer Ste

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Kitten said, I'm just glad we have football back. Can't wait to see some of the new guys play, especially Randall Cobb. I'm excited to see what he can bring to the Packers this season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preseason games mean squat.
Yes, it is exciting to have football back since it is a long time between seasons and the lock out blah blah blah.
But pre-season games don't matter or mean anything for the regular schedule.
Sure, I'll probably tune in and watch while remembering that wins are not a big deal.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Pre-season games may be meaningless in the final determination of who wins the division, who goes to the playoffs, and who goes to the Super Bowl, but if you truly appreciate the sport of football, it is fun to watch the personal match-ups on the field, to watch the coaches' strategy in whom to play and for how long, in analyzing the younger talent, and yes, just for the mere entertainment value of the game.

Pre-season games are also vital to those players who have a chance to earn their way onto a roster somewhere, or even just the practice squad

Pre-season may mean squat to you, but they mean an awful lot to a lot of other people.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously everyone knows preseason doesn't mean anything, but aren't you excited to see what the rookies can bring or how hard they'll play?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
To me there is something wrong with watching a football game with the A/C cranked!!! lol!!

football= cold weather, beer and hot dogs....

not tanning weather :beach: and heatstroke!!!

Nonetheless,... I do love the start of the season, so if that entails the pre-season to get things started, i'll watch! Always hoping no one gets hurt!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously everyone knows preseason doesn't mean anything, but aren't you excited to see what the rookies can bring or how hard they'll play?

I actually like training camp at night with pads more than I do some preseason games.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
^ ivo, I think I would enjoy camp more as well. If you know someone, perhaps you could get them to broadcast training camp. I think we need an All Packers All of the Time TV broadcast.
Whaddyasay?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh cmon, people are complaining????What the???? FOOTBALL'S BACK AND WE'RE THE CHAMPS!!!!! LOUD NOISES!!!!!

But, for real, it's meaningless, but I'll watch and get excited even if it's the Green Bay Packers' Practice Squad playing.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
^ ivo, I think I would enjoy camp more as well. If you know someone, perhaps you could get them to broadcast training camp. I think we need an All Packers All of the Time TV broadcast.
Whaddyasay?

You should live here, neilfii. EVERY night in the evening news, Packers are headline story...on OR off season. During the season you can find a Packer related half hour show from 6:30 - 7:00 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday nights are Packer shows after 10:00 news. If you don't love our Packers, you might not want to live here. :happy0005:

MelrosE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can you guys not enjoy preseason games? It shows you a lot about the depth of the team, and it means the world to the 2nd/3rd stringers.

With that said, I will be getting an ice cold 12pk of Busch light with my grill fired up, awaiting the game :)

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I will watch any game the Pack suits up for....even if its an exhibition. The reason I like preseason so much is it means fall is coming, and I love watching the second and third string guys battling for roster spots.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
i'm excited for the pre-season this year, I feel like our back-ups are better than ever and many have lots to prove, I have some high expectations for us in the pre-season.

Matt flynn 7tds 1 rushing td in the pre-season, alex green 4 rushing tds @ ~80yds per game, somethin like that.