YAC Receivers

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to tell you guys how much I appreciate your scouting reports and analysis of all these guys. I might as well add that it will still result in me getting the big donut in Amish’s annual draft contest but it’s still very interesting.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Bold are new
additions to my list.
Again, it is extremely difficult to rank these players. This WR class, specifically slot/gadget kind of players, is truly special. I think any player on 1-10 of this list could easily be a WR4 to start the season, with a ceiling to be WR2/3 by the end of the season. Have to keep in mind though, all of these players would need learn MLF's system that is complicated for WRs. They also have to have the versatilely to be used in many ways, so it will take some time for them to understand the offense from many perspectives. You will notice those with significant return ability tend to be higher on my list, because I value that as an immediate impact for this team. I think a player that adds value to the return game, will ultimately help the worst ST unit in football progress as a group.
  1. Kadarius Toney (6’0, 180 lbs)- All over the field, do everything, every down WR. He’s an electric playmaker. Dual threat QB that can add some trick plays to MLF playbook. Had some drops at the senior bowl, which he would need to work on. But an immediate impact player on the Packers offense.
  2. Whop Philyor (5’11, 181 lbs)- He is a guy you want to get the ball to quickly, and watch what he does with it. Another YAC machine kind of player, that plays like he’s AJ Dillion’s size. He carries DBs on his back and makes the others miss. He’s an all out effort player no doubt. An absolute steal later in the draft.
  3. Rondale Moore (5’10, 175lbs) - Easily the most athletic WR of this class. He can do everything you want a slot WR to do. Create separation to the outside, check. Create separation through the middle of the field, check. Screen pass, check. Jets sweep, check. Run along the perimeter, check. He has durability concerns though, having only played in 20 college games in 3 years (3/6 in 2020 and 4/12 in 2019) which is a serious risk. A later round steal no doubt, but an early round risk. He would likely be my #1 WR prospect, but the injury history is alarming, especially if he is in fact a top 100 pick.
  4. Amari Rodgers (5’10, 211lbs)- Pro ready size and strength. His field awareness is off the charts, he knows where he is in space and plans out his first cut ahead of time. His ACL tear is a concern. As an ATC myself, the risk of tearing the opposite ACL is very high within the first 4 years, especially for a player that plays out of the slot.
  5. Dazz Newsome (5’11, 190 lbs)- Probably the most pro-ready player on the list outside of Toney. He has a versatile route tree and is dangerous in space. Adds value as a kick and punt returner too. He’s not the fastest or shiftiest slot WR on this list, but he seems to do everything well.
  6. Demetric Felton (5’8, 189 lbs)- He is what we hoped Ty Montgomery would be and a more versatile Tyler Ervin. . He plays like an RB and can and does align there as well. When the dude lowers his shoulder, he absolutely pancakes LBs and DBs. He is super fun to watch and an exciting prospect. He brings some serious value to the return game as well. He is not the twitchy kind of gadget player you look for, but he more than makes up for that with physicality.
  7. Marlon Williams (6’1, 185 lbs)- May have the stickiest hands on this list. He’s an all out effort kind of player that you want to find in the end zone. He does not give up on routes when his QB extends a play. Can’t decide if he’s a good fit in the MLF offense though.
  8. Marquez Stevenson (6’0, 190lbs)- He’s the fastest kid alive. Not the most fluid or polished route runner, but he wins on pure speed. Throw him a screen, toss him a jets sweep or let him score off of a punt return or kick off, the kid has jets.
  9. Nico Collins (6’4, 216lbs)- Tallest WR on my list. The kid has hands. He will win basically every 50/50 ball that is thrown his way. He’s not the most polished route runner, but is a guy that runs a post or go route and will win more often than not. Has some serious north to south speed. Reminds me a bit of Michael Pittman.
  10. Jaelen Darden (5’9, 170lbs)- Super fast and super shifty little guy. Could be an absolute steal later in the draft. He is a human joystick, but does lack that functional strength. Without question a boom or bust kind of player. If there was a combine, I would expect him to to win the 3 cone drill.
  11. Tutu Atwell (5’9, 165lbs)- Shifty and twitchy gadget player. He seems to be all over the field on tape. Jets sweeps, deep routes, short outs, the kid gets separation then is a YAC machine. Obviously his size could be a bit of a concern.
  12. Elijah Moore (5’9, 185lbs)- Super fluid route runner that likes to get downfield and isn’t afraid to lower his shoulder to initiate contact. Adds value to the screen game as well.
  13. Sage Suratt (6’3, 215 lbs)- Hard to read what kind of a player Surratt will be. He seems rather mediocre across the board.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D'Wayne Eskridge ladies and gentleman. I have zero clue why I wrote him off, but he caught my attention when Eric Crocker labeled him one of his 5 premium deep threats (another favorite Anthony Schwartz made it too)...so I did some research and started watching tape.

Folks, if Gute's interviewing of Rondale Moore is legit interest at adding a player type we've never done in his reign (short, FAST slot/sweep type) than I am struggling not to throw Eskridge into the exact same place as Elijah Moore as the very next best thing WR.

DUDE can FLY. While he doesn't have the wiggle and foot twitch with the ball that Rondale has or Toney....his route tree is better and he is an animal in the blocking game. His willingness and arguably love to make plays without the ball in his hands is something you just don't see much anymore. Comfortable inside/slot and outside this sub 4.4 40 timed guy has the potential to be special...we all did a disservice by not mentioning them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts