Wr Marshall to Green Bay???

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Next year's draft will be filled with talented O-Lineman. Not so much with Running Backs . It looks like there will be some talented D-Lineman too. We don't need another WR but next year's draft will be deep at WR. Dez Bryant, Dezmon Briscoe, Eric Decker, Jordan Shipley to name a few.

Don't forget Crabtree! He will probably be there too the way things are going with his holdout.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget Crabtree! He will probably be there too the way things are going with his holdout.
The guy has never even played in the league and is already a bigger headache than T.O., Chad "Ochocinco" and Paxico Burress combined. The future is really brigth for this kid. And some people bashed TT for not getting this ******...

pbateman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not a good deal for GB. Do you really want Marshall influencing all of the young WR's on the team right now? He's the ultimate selfish player and if TT wouldn't pull the trigger on Randy Moss (who is nowhere near the problem Marshall is) he's not dealing a leader like Driver for a locker room problem like Marshall.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.GB has four recievers, 2 of which can achieve elite status in a few years. 2 of which are. Getting Marshall would hinder the progress of two very talented players that coiuld have tons of potential in GB.

Rodgersfan1985again

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take him in a heartbeat.
1) cause hes good
2) cause GB has a good reputation of not takin alot of public ****
3) good future prospect

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will not pull the trigger on this one. I'm sure he loves the speculation that others outside the org. may be harboring but not with repsect to how Lee & Driver may be affected. I'm hoping if it's untrue that he's privately let them know.

TT ousted a far more deserving player (Walker) for trying to force his selfish will upon the team's collective pocketbook - why would he pander to an outsider with a similar modus operandi?

I keep hearing the words of Ron Wolf though, when reflecting back on the early years of #4 - admittedly regretting not surrounding the young QB with better WR talent.

Maybe, just maybe, when opportunites present themselves one should responsibly assess them without regard to previously held prejudices & do what's best for the long-term success of your team. Mr. Moss certainly reclaimed his path to the H.O.F with a new & better attitude. Mr. Marshall could be persuaded by the right atmosphere & Green Bay might suit him.

All that being said I still say TT won't take that chance.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if DD had shown any signs of decline, TT would've pulled the trigger already. But because that's not the case, he won't. I believe he looks it like I do, that DD has at least 3 more years of great football ahead of him, because he just takes great care of his body.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Besides the fact that he'd be a headache in the lockerroom, I think we should concentrate our efforts on strengthening other positions on the team like Safety and LT.

mattlock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading away Driver and Lee for Marshall would be a stupid move. As others have stated, DD and A Rod have made the "connection". Driver is still the most underrated WR in the league, he will never get the respect he deserves on the national level, but part of that is because he is a humble, hardworking man that just goes about his business without trying to draw too much attention to himself.

Sure, Marshall is a supreme talent. But he is also a supreme egomaniac. We don't need the disruption, and it would risk tearing up the carefully orchestrated chemistry that we currently showcase on offense.

Now, if the Broncs just want to dump him, I would wave Harrell under their nose along with Brohm, and Hawk. To me, the first two are disposable, but they might be worth something in a trade, and Hawk is certainly still worth something, although I think we all know that he is never going to live up to his hype. Toss in Kuhn or Hall for good measure. Those three or four and some cash and we might be in business.

A LONG interview with him would be in order before any deals were made. His actions of the last few weeks look REALLY bad to me....

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if DD had shown any signs of decline, TT would've pulled the trigger already. But because that's not the case, he won't. I believe he looks it like I do, that DD has at least 3 more years of great football ahead of him, because he just takes great care of his body.

Yes yes and yes. It seems like alot of people on this forum are doubting Driver but truth is he is in incredible shape and has great attitude, and I actually think the fact he is not the 100% focal point of the offense has added time to his career. He has the potential to play at a high level for four maybe even five years.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Yes yes and yes. It seems like alot of people on this forum are doubting Driver but truth is he is in incredible shape and has great attitude, and I actually think the fact he is not the 100% focal point of the offense has added time to his career. He has the potential to play at a high level for four maybe even five years.

Doubting Don Driver doesn't even come to mind. And by the way, this Marshall thread is just a bunch of conjecture from rumors and random intelligence. It's plain old gossip magazine crap.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubting Don Driver doesn't even come to mind. And by the way, this Marshall thread is just a bunch of conjecture from rumors and random intelligence. It's plain old gossip magazine crap.
Yes, it is. But it involves the packers, so... I mean, there was a thread about Vick. Discussing packer related news, or gossips, are what this forum is all about.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Have to remind I think Butler was playing the what if game..Just tossing out something to hear himself talk LOL

But that is my take on it...

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Yes, it is. But it involves the packers, so... I mean, there was a thread about Vick. Discussing packer related news, or gossips, are what this forum is all about.

I stand corrected. Fifteen yard penality....Fazeman #81....Unnecessary roughness on the forum.

Have to remind I think Butler was playing the what if game..Just tossing out something to hear himself talk LOL

But that is my take on it...

I agree. Butler torqued me off a bit for what he said. Wouldn't like to have his kind of job just to create ratings.

TheIrishCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think there is any chance of this happening and thats such a good thing. Brandon Marshall is a hugely negative influence - his petulance and stubbornness is not of the type of characters that the Green Bay Packers are built around.
Donald Driver on the other hand has been working wonders for the Packers for so many years now and he continues to do so. Last season it took time for him to build a rapport with A-Rod but that came as the weeks went by. He is most definitely the second string wide-out here but the leadership and influence he brings to the locker room and the huddle is second to none.

Members online

Latest posts