Woodson Showing He Is Worth The Money In TC.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Prized free-agent cornerback Charles Woodson had his first standout day of camp, intercepting three passes during team and 7-on-7 drills. McCarthy noted that on two of them, he saw Woodson baiting the quarterback into the throw, which is exactly the type of savvy, veteran play they're hoping Woodson brings to a young defense.

Ahmad Carroll was among the other defenders who had an interception as well.

"I thought the defense as a whole, particularly in pass coverage, had a very good day," McCarthy said.

Carroll ... Trom He Might Shock You And Everyone And Really Do Well As The Nickel Back.

I am glad we got this guy for sure! Stay healthy and out of trouble bud. First preseason game soon baby!

~TheJoker~

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

CB Charles Woodson picked off Favre three times. "It's not just Brett, " Woodson said. "It's the fact I've been doing it a long time and I can still do it. There's been a lot of things written about me the past couple years as far as me being hurt and I've lost a step and this and that. It's really a bunch of nonsense. There's no question, if you go back and look at the games, I can play for anybody."

It's...it's like...he took the words right out of my mouth! :)

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I've voiced my opinion on our LBer corps, but this is it. The coaches should not hesitate to move Barnett outside if Hodge shows he can play in the NFL. Who knows where Barnette will be in a year or two? A talent like Hodge(IMHO) must not be wasted gathering splinters. (And I'm not even an Iowa fan). We could have the finest corps of LBers in the entire league. Use 'em!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A fourth year player that has never been a pro-bowl starter and two rookies and you are possibly going to have the finest LBers in the entire league? I love the enthusiasm! (Even if I can't spell it)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who, barnett, aka, more tackles than urlacher? pro bowl = popularity contest

thats why favre goes even when he doesnt deserve it.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
A fourth year player that has never been a pro-bowl starter and two rookies and you are possibly going to have the finest LBers in the entire league? I love the enthusiasm! (Even if I can't spell it)

Time to chime in. Haven't been around much due to my football season being underway. Training Camp and Conditioning in 95 degree heat is AWESOME! Kids are dropping like flies.

Anyways, I agree that sayingwe are going to have the best LB core in the NFL is a little premature. Barnett is a beast but still overpursues to often. Hawk is a rookie and will make mistakes as well. Hodge won't even start IMO. Taylor will be the guy. I don't like the idea of moving Barnett outside. He lacks a certain amount of discipline and a player like that is best suited in the middle. Hodge won't bump Barnett anytime soon and Hodge on the outside scares me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wlel if hodge keeps knocking people the F out....i think barnett will have to move outside. if not..we got a hell of a backup

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not take Barnett over Urlacher. I would bet that 31 out of 32 NFL fans would agree. Not just because of your popularity contest. Look at the plays that BU makes. Barnett is solid, but he has not made the jump to superstar. I think that I like Nick better than most of my Packer friends.

NiVeK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
I would not take Barnett over Urlacher. I would bet that 31 out of 32 NFL fans would agree. Not just because of your popularity contest. Look at the plays that BU makes. Barnett is solid, but he has not made the jump to superstar. I think that I like Nick better than most of my Packer friends.

You have Packer friends...where do you live?

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Prized free-agent cornerback Charles Woodson had his first standout day of camp, intercepting three passes during team and 7-on-7 drills. McCarthy noted that on two of them, he saw Woodson baiting the quarterback into the throw, which is exactly the type of savvy, veteran play they're hoping Woodson brings to a young defense.

Ahmad Carroll was among the other defenders who had an interception as well.

"I thought the defense as a whole, particularly in pass coverage, had a very good day," McCarthy said.

Carroll ... Trom He Might Shock You And Everyone And Really Do Well As The Nickel Back.

thats my boy C-DUB baby.. hes gonna really help out or defense this year.. and help out harris alot.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

I'm a Packer fan and I'd take Urlacher over and inside LB in the league.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MinnesotaSucks said:
4thand26 said:

You have Packer friends...where do you live?

Appleton area. WAY to many Packer friends.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Barnett is going to be a superstar and I think this may be the year he jumps to elite status. With Hawk as a supporting LB and Hodge pushing him, watch for #56 to make a significant increase in his performance this season.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
wlel if hodge keeps knocking people the F out....i think barnett will have to move outside. if not..we got a hell of a backup

well I thought move Hodge to the outside but that all sounds good to a Hawkeye fan like me. Cause I think Barnett is awesome and would stay a superstar at Inside Linebacker

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett needs to make more impact plays. He is very solid, but it seems like I never see him make great behind the line tackles, or ints, or plays where you really stand up and cheer(not me personally).

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the 95 yard int. return for a TD against NO was a great play for him

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well I'm sure he has had some good tackles and some playmaker type plays I just cant remember them

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not slamming Barnett. I think he is good. It just seems to me, and maybe I am wrong, that he needs to make more impact plays.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
I'm not slamming Barnett. I think he is good. It just seems to me, and maybe I am wrong, that he needs to make more impact plays.

My take on Barnett is he is above average but not great.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett is above average and great. the only thing seperating him and urLACKer is big plays, just like 4thand26 says. However urlachers tackles, big plays and significance are all decling every year, you can see it through his stats. That being said. Right now id take BU if i was playin for right now. but building up a nasty linebacking corp id take barnett with his youth and ability hes only gettin better.

Members online

No members online now.