Woodson Showing He Is Worth The Money In TC.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prized free-agent cornerback Charles Woodson had his first standout day of camp, intercepting three passes during team and 7-on-7 drills. McCarthy noted that on two of them, he saw Woodson baiting the quarterback into the throw, which is exactly the type of savvy, veteran play they're hoping Woodson brings to a young defense.

Ahmad Carroll was among the other defenders who had an interception as well.

"I thought the defense as a whole, particularly in pass coverage, had a very good day," McCarthy said.

Carroll ... Trom He Might Shock You And Everyone And Really Do Well As The Nickel Back.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I heard Havel raving about his showing in practice too. Stating Woodson INT some of Brett's passes. Hopefully its Woodson being a stud and not Favre losing a step lol

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hopefully Carroll keeps it up (not counting on it) and Woodson is the Woodson we want.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, he did nothing to get that bad reputation. not the fights, the taunting, or the penalties, and definitely not the bad play.

I hope he changes (cuz thats good for GB, which is what we all want) but..yeah...Jared turning into a zombie chicken is more likely.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Woodson was asked why he chose green bay. His response?

Money.

He said Tampa Bay said they didn't have it, green bay said they did.

He said different variations of it, but nothing deviating from it was the money.

Atleast he's honest eh?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is about what you can expect nowdays. I would rather have a player that felt that way come out and say it instead of bsing about how much they love the team or the players or the game or whatever.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson's bad days will be better than Carroll's good days. I had nightmares thinking of Carroll on the corner by himself again this year. Woodson will make it tough to pick on either side.

I think this will free up Carroll to do what he does best: roam. Carroll reminds me of Terrell Buckley. Buckley was terrible at following the game plan and the rules, but when he could free lance a bit, he did some things others couldn't.

Another factor are the linebackers. This year's linebackers are going to be a grade above last year's and that also helps the secondary.

The real improvement in the Packers defense is not Woodson, but Pickett for Grady(play more), Hawk, Barnett and Co. and the secondary.
I'm looking forward to a much tougher defense against the run as well.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, lets not get too excited about Woodson. It's early in camp. As for Woodson's comment about what brought him to Green Bay, I thought that was great. For many of these players it's all about money. Reggie came to Green Bay because we paid him more than anyone else would. We'd all like for players to want to come here because Green Bay is the Mecca of pro football. In reality I think it's important to have great faciliites, great fans etc because I think that enhances the playing experience, but it's really all about the money for most players. Ask Daren Sharper.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Reggie came to Green Bay because we paid him more than anyone else would.

San Fran and Washington offered more money. Reggie stated god told him to come to Green Bay.

If I can find the articles when I get home to support this I'll post them. But just about every Packer fan knows this already.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson's best asset is that he is a playmaker. It is good to see that show up in practice. The downside of his being a playmaker is that he takes alot of risks and will get burned -- which caught the eyes of many in the first couple of days of camp.

It is way too early to get down on his underperforming the first two days of camp (where he was consistently burned) or too up about his turning in a great performance yesterday.

My expectations are that our secondary will be significantly improved by the development of Carroll and the addition of Woodson. I hope that Manuel can step up -- as I think the cutting of Roman involved significant risk. However, Collins and Underwood both will have a year under their belts -- so as I said I look for significant improvement overall in the play of the secondary.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson's best asset is that he is a playmaker. It is good to see that show up in practice. The downside of his being a playmaker is that he takes alot of risks and will get burned -- which caught the eyes of many in the first couple of days of camp.

It is way too early to get down on his underperforming the first two days of camp (where he was consistently burned) or too up about his turning in a great performance yesterday.

My expectations are that our secondary will be significantly improved by the development of Carroll and the addition of Woodson. I hope that Manuel can step up -- as I think the cutting of Roman involved significant risk. However, Collins and Underwood both will have a year under their belts -- so as I said I look for significant improvement overall in the play of the secondary.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also like the fact that this defense calls for what Woodson does best. He is a physical bump and run type corner and that's exactly what they need him to do in this scheme.
I am not sure what they asked him to do in Oakland but it's well documented that he didn't feel they let him do what he does best back there.
As long as he stays healthy he is going to win most of the battles one on one against the #2's out there.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how quickly "missing the OTA's scandal" goes away. He needed to blow up in training camp and prove something. our defense is gonna be nice this year. we are significantly improved in every area. the only concern i have is if we are gonna be hitting like trucks or like kias. im not seeing that intensity just yet but seeing how it is only TC right now and the first week at that/ hopefully it is to come.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
how quickly "missing the OTA's scandal" goes away. He needed to blow up in training camp and prove something. our defense is gonna be nice this year. we are significantly improved in every area. the only concern i have is if we are gonna be hitting like trucks or like kias. im not seeing that intensity just yet but seeing how it is only TC right now and the first week at that/ hopefully it is to come.
Packnic maybe they are being told to lay off the mash unit RB corp for a while. I am enthusiastic about the D, and real leary about the O.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abdul Hodge knocked one guy into the local hospital with a concussion. That's hitting hard enough.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IndiPack said:
Abdul Hodge knocked one guy into the local hospital with a concussion. That's hitting hard enough.
Obviously Hodge wants the MLB position, and I'm hoping he gets it. Barnett might be forced outside this year. From what I read about the Butcher, is that if he gets his hands on you, you go down.

It would be a travesty if the 3 best linebackers weren't on the field becasue they wanted to keep Barnett at MLB.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I save If Hodge Really Steps Up And Barnett Can Handle The Change And That Would Make The Best Group Of LB's For Us Why Not MoVE Barnett.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy has said that he is going to put the three best linebackers on the field. So if Hodge proves that he is worth starting then Barnett will move outside.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
packedhouse01 said:
Reggie came to Green Bay because we paid him more than anyone else would.

San Fran and Washington offered more money. Reggie stated god told him to come to Green Bay.

If I can find the articles when I get home to support this I'll post them. But just about every Packer fan knows this already.

And they paid him more money than anyone else offered. I believe it was Mike Holmgren that called Reggie and told him that it was God calling and he should come to Green Bay.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
IndiPack said:
Obviously Hodge wants the MLB position, and I'm hoping he gets it. Barnett might be forced outside this year. From what I read about the Butcher, is that if he gets his hands on you, you go down.

the butcher? is that his real nickname or a wrestling reference?

Members online

Latest posts