1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

where does greg jennings rank?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 8, 2011.

1. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    He's nowhere near the fluid routerunner that Greg Jennings is, nor does he have Jennings' breakaway speed. So I don't understand this "more talented" talk.

He's bigger. And one can make a case that he has better hands. But talent =/= size.

White is nowhere near capable of doing this:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b98850/Jennings-14-yard-TD
  2. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307 / 0 / -0
    I think he is a top 10 receiver in the league
  3. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I think the reason so many people underrate Greg Jennings is because the absolutely amazing things he does is ablivous to most fans for two reasons a) they don't know what a good vs a bad route looks like and b) you don't see players actually run routes that often.

Most of the time they are off screen when running their routes. People SEE Larry make great catches. People SEE Desean make amazing moves on a kick off return. Greg Jennings just does all his best work off screen. He makes a catch and people say "well he was wide open, anyone could make that catch" well ya, but he got wide open because of a great route. Trust me, teams don't sit there and say "hey, you know what? lets not cover Greg Jennings this play, or lets go ahead and let him get a few steps on us."

If on offensive plays, they showed receivers instead of qbs and the line(that would be retarded and am not advocating this in any way), Greg would be widely considered top 3 or 4 in my opinion. He breaks a lot of ankles with his route running. I think he'd impress a lot of people...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    The Packers have the best WR corps in the league because, combined, they're the best route runners in the league and one of the best YAC potential in the league.

Some teams have more explosive receivers (Philly), some teams have more sure-handed receivers (NE), and some teams have great tall receivers (SD), but what only the Green Bay Packers bring is that in almost every single play there's a receiver open, that every receiver can play all receiving positions and work every single level of the field.

If they had better concentration, coupled with Rodgers, it would be just unfair to the rest of the league.
  5. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    All we ask is an honest advantage. And, I agree that we have it in our receiving corps.
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,522 / 86 / -26
    Greg Jennings can disappear from games but I dont remember any games like that this year really for White.
  7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    White had plenty of 10+ receptions 2+ tds. But that's more because he's the most thrown receiver in the league.
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,522 / 86 / -26
    yeah, he has 30 more receptions because of their offense, and matt ryan being the check down king. But it does say something about his talent as well. I dont think you could use the 30 receptions though to build much of a case for him being better though.
  9. benchedpunter

benchedpunter Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,522 / 86 / -26
    2 seasons ago it would have been inconceivable to the fan base that TT might let finley go and Jennings walk. Not many fans are screaming for Jennings to be signed, I guess his injury has been a small blessing as we got to see what we have without him.
  11. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110 / 14 / -1
    It shows us we can play without him but I will really hate to see him go. I still think he is the best wr we have.
  12. Jordyruns

Jordyruns Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +158 / 7 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    He's also 2 years older now. 2 years ago Andre Johnson was the best receiver in the league and Calvin Johnson was looked at as only a top 5 guy. Jennings age has caught up with him, the injuries seemed to of robbed him of some of his explosiveness, only remember seeing a couple instances where he got separation from a DB including the one where Rodgers overthrew him.
  13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,522 / 86 / -26
    Well I'm glad someone 2 years ago thought that Megatron was the best WR in the nfl. Props to that guy.
  14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +625 / 6 / -0
    Do people understand that these players are never, like NEVER never, 100%? Jennings has been hurt all season; he's coming off surgery. Surgery folks. And they had to cut through muscle to repair torn muscle. And now he's old? Uh, he's injured.