What to do with Tramon

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon came on very strong in the second-half of the season. He was back to his 2010 self for the most part. He had some key picks, was tackling strong, and covering well otherwise. If we had Shields healthy last night, there is no way Crabtree has the night he does because both Tramon and Shields would have shut down those two. Everyone had kind of written Tramon off and expected him to get cut b/c of his salary ($7M next year). But, I'm not sure we should anymore. Keeping Shields is priority in my opinion. But, I think we need both - especially since our safeties are so inept.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shields is prioriety over Tramon. Let Tramon ride the bus out of here with Dom Capers. Shields doesnt give up on half the season.

Last edited:

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
keep Tramon as thin as safeties are we,ll need him? The one that should be at the Air Port and with a hood on his face is Get out of My House, if the Packers keep this guy they are really looking at mediocrey….

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will re-structure Tramon to keep his cap # down this season.

They want to keep Shields very badly, like they did last year with Jennings. It's 50-50 whether Sam stays.
He's been great, but he's not a Green Bay Village type of guy, and he'd prefer a different city, climate, faster life, so I think he's gone, sadly.

That will mean Davon House becomes more important.
Tramon, House, Hayward, Hyde, and Bush will stick around.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon had a good 2nd half of the season, but he's not getting any younger. If you can keep him for cheap, fine. But otherwise I think it's time to make room for someone else and move on. He got burned BAD a bunch of times earlier in the season.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
They will re-structure Tramon to keep his cap # down this season.

They want to keep Shields very badly, like they did last year with Jennings. It's 50-50 whether Sam stays.
He's been great, but he's not a Green Bay Village type of guy, and he'd prefer a different city, climate, faster life, so I think he's gone, sadly.

That will mean Davon House becomes more important.
Tramon, House, Hayward, Hyde, and Bush will stick around.
I hope you are wrong, House was the worst imagine of a D back I have ever seen he was lazy, no effort was getting burnt like toast, could not tackle, I know it was cold maybe thats the reason he was holding so much, like Tramon,Hyde could start,Bush 2nd or 3rd string, Hayward 2nd string..

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon will be back, with a re-structured deal.
Shields will leave for riche$ elsewhere.
His agent is Drew Rosenhaus. Say bye bye to Sam, a great undrafted FA we utilized for 4 cheap years.

House has to toughen up. Send him to the Seattle DB camp for the summer and thug him up. Their Legion of Doom Camp.
He's got the skills and size needed, just is too prissy.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hayward should be 100% and ready to go by next year. I see our starters as Hayward and Shields with Hyde #3 and if he takes a pay cut, Williams #4. House sucks and they could cut him today for all I care.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hayward should be 100% and ready to go by next year. I see our starters as Hayward and Shields with Hyde #3 and if he takes a pay cut, Williams #4. House sucks and they could cut him today for all I care.
Without Tramon and his Int yesterday, it's 13-0 Niners there and the rout would have been on.
Tramon stays.
I hope Shields is back too, but he has a chance to leave the village, and get paid. He gone. South.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Tramon and his Int yesterday, it's 13-0 Niners there and the rout would have been on.
Tramon stays.
I hope Shields is back too, but he has a chance to leave the village, and get paid. He gone. South.
Is there anyone else who would be a priority for the franchise tag than Shields?

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Shields will ever leave willingly. He's got that GIANT Packers SB ring tattooed on his neck. How awkward will that thing be anywhere else?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we even know the status of Shields' injury yesterday?

Hard to make any decisions about where we are at corner until we do. If it's an ACL, he probably won't even be ready for the start of next season.

Of course, if it's an ACL, he probably becomes a lot easier to sign on a short-term deal.

mor4les

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Heyward and Shields could stay healthy get rid of Tramon, but I doubt they will play 16 games next year with our luck, so we will be down to House, Hyde or some rookie at CB#2 and IMO that wont work very well for us.