What is your Favorite Packer Moment of all time?

Packermudgeon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After thinking about this awhile, I realized my favorite Packer moment was the NFC Championship ceremony in Green Bay, after the Packers beat the Panthers in the '96-'97 season. After all that time, and after living through all the gory years, just to have the Packers back in the Super Bowl again, something I had once given up on ever happening.
That was a good one. I remember my 10 year old nephew was staying with us and we all watched that game. At one point when Edgar Bennett was carrying the ball, my nephew yelled "RUN EGGDAR RUN!"
Still makes me smile.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing LaFleur for one....
All we had to do was stop them to have another chance. I think it was the right call being we were back at the 10. We had them at 3rd down. Rodgers shoulda run and then I would say go for it. We were down by 8. Essentially, we had to make two 4th down plays in a row. If we don't make it on 4th down; we would still be down by 8. The field goal made it so that a TD would win.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahman Green ran a 80 yard touchdown against the Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau, and I WAS there to see it. I screamed him in and an American couple just sat laughing, amazed at my passionate reaction for a Brit. Those were the days when Favre was my hero. Times changed.
Were you the guy that smuggled Wild Turkey into the game in tears?? I knew it!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All we had to do was stop them to have another chance. I think it was the right call being we were back at the 10. We had them at 3rd down. Rodgers shoulda run and then I would say go for it.
I totally agree Rodgers should have run there. I know there's been a lot of talk about that, some think Rodgers would have been stopped at about the 6 or 7, I think he had a shot at a TD at the pylon. But IMO even if he hadn't made it, we would have been at least within the 2. Rodgers has said he was assuming he had two shots there.

I can see both sides (FG vs. going for it). But I don't like resting the season on the defense, which wasn't the team's strong point. A lot of commentators said put the ball in the hands of the MVP, and that's hard to argue with.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see both sides (FG vs. going for it). But I don't like resting the season on the defense, which wasn't the team's strong point. A lot of commentators said put the ball in the hands of the MVP, and that's hard to argue with.
Thing is; we needed to go for two also. Just to tie. Not good odds really.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although there's still a lot of controversy about whether the game-tying kick was good.
Yes, there is and was. I have seen all kinds of replays. The official NFL film makes it appear to be in the vertical plane of the upright line. And with the angle of the kick it is difficult. Nevertheless, during the broadcast there was no mention of it. So we viewers were just thankful when both refs raised their arms. Had the elevated uprights existed the kick would not have split the plane. But that 2nd half and OT left an impact on me that I will always cherish.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing is; we needed to go for two also. Just to tie. Not good odds really.
If it had been a lesser defense and had our offense been operating on all cylinders that day I would have been confident. I had little faith that we would get 6 or 2. Did I have faith in our defense and then our offense again? No.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were you the guy that smuggled Wild Turkey into the game in tears?? I knew it!
I remember that. Against the former Giant and Pats coach. Wayne Larivee yelling " He's in the clear! " Then there was the 99 yard run against Denver the season before.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All we had to do was stop them to have another chance. I think it was the right call being we were back at the 10. We had them at 3rd down. Rodgers shoulda run and then I would say go for it. We were down by 8. Essentially, we had to make two 4th down plays in a row. If we don't make it on 4th down; we would still be down by 8. The field goal made it so that a TD would win.

That was a good one. I remember my 10 year old nephew was staying with us and we all watched that game. At one point when Edgar Bennett was carrying the ball, my nephew yelled "RUN EGGDAR RUN!"
Still makes me smile.
That was a bleeping cold day. Recall Keith Jackson echoing that sentiment.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree Rodgers should have run there. I know there's been a lot of talk about that, some think Rodgers would have been stopped at about the 6 or 7, I think he had a shot at a TD at the pylon. But IMO even if he hadn't made it, we would have been at least within the 2. Rodgers has said he was assuming he had two shots there.

Had we converted both and it was 31-31 it would be interesting to see how Brady would attack us in the last 2 minutes for a game winner. Or would we have forced a 4th pick.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had we converted both and it was 31-31 it would be interesting to see how Brady would attack us in the last 2 minutes for a game winner. Or would we have forced a 4th pick.
That's a good point. Brady would have got the ball back in a tie game to go down for an easy field goal with no time left. I have no problem with kicking the field goal.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20-20. The hindsighters all also assume a successful 2 pt. conversion, and an O.T. victory. I hoped they went for it but understood the FG choice also. For some reason the clock had something to do with me understanding the FG. Was there just over 2 minutes ? Were they essentially buying an extra timeout by kicking instead of running a 4th down play in case the 2pointer was no good and they had to get the ball back? That is what I seem to remember.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hindsight is 20-20. The hindsighters all also assume a successful 2 pt. conversion, and an O.T. victory. I hoped they went for it but understood the FG choice also. For some reason the clock had something to do with me understanding the FG. Was there just over 2 minutes ? Were they essentially buying an extra timeout by kicking instead of running a 4th down play in case the 2pointer was no good and they had to get the ball back? That is what I seem to remember.
I wasn't ecstatic with the call for the FG but I understood the reasoning behind it. Either way the defense needed to find a way to stop Tom Terrific and the officiating team. On that they failed.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of the officials. The non defensive pass interference call on the interception that led to the touchdown on King right before the half was the single biggest call in that game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Told this story b4.

Went to Sunday night game vs Detroit. Darren Sharpers rookie year. He ran int for pick 6

But Ray Nitschke sat in front of us. Smoking big ole cigar. He kept telling at me for my knees in his back (in a funny way) lot of good talk and watching him enjoy the game.

At half time he and son?? Left and he told.me going to press box...shook my hand and thank ed me for not bugging him

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Told this story b4.

Went to Sunday night game vs Detroit. Darren Sharpers rookie year. He ran int for pick 6

But Ray Nitschke sat in front of us. Smoking big ole cigar. He kept telling at me for my knees in his back (in a funny way) lot of good talk and watching him enjoy the game.

At half time he and son?? Left and he told.me going to press box...shook my hand and thank ed me for not bugging him
And the poor fellow passed just a year or two later.

Reaction score
I was at Favre's last Packers game. Many of the fans gave up, going to sit in the bathrooms in order to keep warm. The moment the game was over, Packers fans rushed to the exits. The Giants fans went over to mug for the camera behind the network tv set. We sat there taking in the evening until Lambeau staff asked us to leave. It was darn cold and I don't begrudge anyone for being cold. Even Favre, for all of his toughness, was still a southern kid playing in one of the coldest games ever played.

Even for those of us sitting there to cast stones isn't fair. The players didn't have multiple layers of clothes. The fans didn't have to get hit by a 300lb man at full speed. Those guys earned every cent that night. Too bad we lost but it was still a good game. Let's not forget that the NY Giants were the team of destiny in that run. They were big underdogs in each game, including the Super Bowl when they beat the undefeated Patriots. That was a good team. No shame in losing to them.
The other irony I remember is this

1. The Giants erased the perfect season for NE
2. The Giants lost to Dallas week one regular season, then lost to the GBP week two regular season by a combined 80 points given on Defense to start 0-2

3. After qualifying with a #5 Wild-card, The Giants beat Dallas and GB in the Divisional snd Championship back to back, same order. They allowed just 37 points combined between and gave up just 16pts per game in the playoffs. That’s a turnaround.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that season well. The Giants played extremely well against the Patriots to end the season, but ultimately lost. That seemed to give them confidence because they were even underdogs against the Bucaneers in wild card game. A magical run for them.

Reaction score
I remember that season well. The Giants played extremely well against the Patriots to end the season, but ultimately lost. That seemed to give them confidence because they were even underdogs against the Bucaneers in wild card game. A magical run for them.
Good point. I forgot the Giants also lost to NE regular season. So in effect, the Giants actually went through 3 of 6 teams they lost to regular season again in chronological order that postseason Lost 3 Dallas/GB/NE then won 3 Dallas/GB/NE. Interesting.

Maybe that means we’ll figure Tampa out next time :tup:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it was brutally cold in the Midwest that day. I think the Giants handled it better than we did. But give credit to Tom Coughlin. His game plan to stop Ryan Grant and force Favre to throw in the icy wind worked well. And he hurt us with Plexico Burgess. We had a couple penalties that hurt us. The hold on An Harris. The turning point in the game I thought was the roughing the passer on Nick Collins. And of course we failed to recover that fumble near midfield late.