Welcome to our living room OBF posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wrong! I said I would be back once the Vikings won, well they lost so that is why I didn't come back so.......
That's Sooooooooooooooooo LAME!

You lay out the Smack...then HIDE when you're wrong.

Tell ya what, here'e whats gonna happen this week:

1. Cowboys are going to spank the "Failures" this week, & I hate both equally
2. Favre will get a complimentary start to preserve his "start record", BUT he will NOT finish the game...he's injured, & Chillie will sacrifice his team to keep Favre's record alive.

AND here's what I will do next week.

Come back here, & celebrate my prediction, or EAT CROW if I'm wrong.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew he threw a lot of picks, who didn't know that, but he is also on the most fierce competitors and talented QB's ever, let's leave it at that...

Exactly. Favre was a huge upgrade for Minnesota. They're better with him than they were without him. Of course, that isn't really saying much at all. They still stink, they just stink a little less. Bretty's level of play, especially his propensity to throw a season-ending interception every year, simply was not good enough for the Packers.

You wanted him, you got him. May he be the starting quarterback of the 'Queens for the next 10 years. It might even happen. I heard Deanna has already been out to Los Angeles looking at houses.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW: I got a text message from Deanna Farve yesterday.

She said, "Those text messages & photos were meant for me, but Brett was intercepted" LOL!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey mnvikes I would really love to read or hear what you had to say when he lost the nfccg in 2007 I bet you were laughing your *** off saying classic Favre. But now that he's on the vikes your acting like he has been the vikes qb for 20 years. So some us fans hate Favre get over it I'm sure you hated Favre everytime he beat the queens. Either that or you are just a Favre fan n whatever team he plays for you just become a fan of that team.

In reality, I always hated Favre because he played for the rival Packers, however I never once said I wouldn't like him on my team over our current QB at that time (not kidding). I knew he threw a lot of picks, who didn't know that, but he is also on the most fierce competitors and talented QB's ever, let's leave it at that...

I understand you hate the guy, but I think it's for the wrong reasons, at least a lot of you on here. For example, calling him out for every little thing possible, that just makes people look desperate for attention and it's rather childish when you think about it....that's the way I view it anyway....me and plenty of other Favre fans (whether a Viking or Packer fan)....

typical troll tactic-divert away from question at hand

lot of typing but didnt answer the question

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
typical troll tactic-divert away from question at hand

lot of typing but didnt answer the question

Ok dude, since you are begging to hear a troll's input on the 2007 game, I think he blew it big time. However, QB's on various teams blow big time games every year, so what difference does it make? HE was still the best QB the Vikes had since Cunningham, plain and simple. I had more fun watching Favre and CO last year than I had in the previous 10 combined damn near, that is good enough for me. AND, in the Cowboys playoff game, hell he tore that defense apart, just like he did against the Fudge Pack twice last year as well!

Favre is struggling right now, and so what if he has some tendinitis, he will play Sunday and help the Vikes beat the Cowboys, and now that the Vikes brought in a legit receiver in Moss, **** will start flinging starting this week. Hell, they looked pretty good last Monday, and that was ONLY the first game together after three practices. Then, once you put Harvin and Shaincoe in there, you have yourself a threat, not to mention the best RB in the league....I can't to see the Pack get smoked once again ....

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Favre was a huge upgrade for Minnesota. They're better with him than they were without him. Of course, that isn't really saying much at all. They still stink, they just stink a little less. Bretty's level of play, especially his propensity to throw a season-ending interception every year, simply was not good enough for the Packers.

You wanted him, you got him. May he be the starting quarterback of the 'Queens for the next 10 years. It might even happen. I heard Deanna has already been out to Los Angeles looking at houses.

Their record says nothing in terms of the talent on that team man, anyone and their mother should know and acknowledge that! Favre failed to make some basic throws on Monday, however he made some spectacular ones as well, and those resulted in 3 TD's. Sure, he threw the INT to virtually end the game, but once again he was pressured because of a worthless O-Line. Maybe you should actually pay attention to why QB's all over the league struggle, you should notice that a crappy O-Line can make a QB look good or bad (i.e. Rodgers last year first-half of season). I am not taking away the fact that Brett makes bad decisions, but what QB doesn't? Hell, "if" Favre has time to throw, he has shown to make great decisions and deliver virtually every-time. With pass protection, Favre is STILL an outstanding QB, but the problem is that he is almost hurried everytime with the current O-Line in front of him...you say excuses? I say it's a reality check!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand you hate the guy, but I think it's for the wrong reasons, at least a lot of you on here. For example, calling him out for every little thing possible, that just makes people look desperate for attention and it's rather childish when you think about it....that's the way I view it anyway....me and plenty of other Favre fans (whether a Viking or Packer fan)....

Disliking someone for being a ****** isn't the wrong reasons.

MNVIKES4EVA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disliking someone for being a ****** isn't the wrong reasons.

Agreed! However, your perceptions about what Brett does IMO is swayed because your a Packer fan. With some things, it wouldn't matter what team you root for (like the retire/un-retire scenario), but for the little knick knack things that media feeds consumers like me and you, I believe many of those things are "the wrong reasons"....then from there is simply hate/disgust based off of Brett leaving the Pack.....that is what often influences Packer fans when there is any topic relative to Favre.....that's what I am referring to I guess.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, you're not a Packer fan. You can't understand what it felt like to go through all the ******** and drama and nonsense year after year. You also can't understand what it felt like to have him stab you in the back by joining our hated ********* rivals. If you could, you'd be able to understand why we take pleasure in his, and subsequently your, misery.

Sorry man, but the guy has lost a TON of fans, and not just in Packer nation. The only people who truly love the guy anymore are die hard Brett Favre fans and Vikings fans. Most the rest of the world thinks the guy is an absolute tool.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well, to be honest, you're not a Packer fan. You can't understand what it felt like to go through all the ******** and drama and nonsense year after year. You also can't understand what it felt like to have him stab you in the back by joining our hated ********* rivals. If you could, you'd be able to understand why we take pleasure in his, and subsequently your, misery.

Sorry man, but the guy has lost a TON of fans, and not just in Packer nation. The only people who truly love the guy anymore are die hard Brett Favre fans and Vikings fans. Most the rest of the world thinks the guy is an absolute tool.

Best post pretty much sums it up completely. Most fans were not pissed when he Wen to the jets but once he decided to retire just so the jets would release him and then he decided to play for the queens just to stick it to the packers the fans got pissed. I hate how you(vikes fan) spew crap at us just cuz we can't stand the guy and you think he's the greatest thing ever (and I guarantee you hated him when he was with the packers) why can we not hate him cuz he's with the queens. He plays for our most hated team so why can we not hate him? I hate him like I hate everyone else on the queens. Enjoy sticking up for your boy toy but don't expect me (and a lot of other fans to take what you have to write seriously and try to change our minds of him not being a ****** and make us try to like him again.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't hate him 'cuz he left.... we hate him 'cuz he tried to come back.

Or the manner in which he tried to come back. He picked a time to return when it was the most disruptive to the team. Anyone else remember how he voluntarily called our division rivals to help them lay out a plan to beat us? Only a mega ****** nozzle would do that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2. Favre will get a complimentary start to preserve his "start record", BUT he will NOT finish the game...he's injured, & Chillie will sacrifice his team to keep Favre's record alive.
....he is also on the most fierce competitors and talented QB's ever, let's leave it at that...
Can anyone else, besides bozo, imagine Farve being benched for any reason?
I certainly can't.
1) Childress doesn't have the guts to bench him or else the office is telling him not to so they can get their money's worth.
2) Favre taking himself out? He should have done that in Newawleans, but he didn't.
He came back to play, and got hit and hurt even more.

As much as I want to see his starting streak to end, however it does, I would be surprised if he let's himself be benched at all during the Dallas game.

Their record says nothing in terms of the talent on that team man, anyone and their mother should know and acknowledge that! Favre failed to make some basic throws on Monday, however he made some spectacular ones as well, and those resulted in 3 TD's. Sure, he threw the INT to virtually end the game, but once again he was pressured because of a worthless O-Line. Maybe you should actually pay attention to why QB's all over the league struggle, you should notice that a crappy O-Line can make a QB look good or bad (i.e. Rodgers last year first-half of season). I am not taking away the fact that Brett makes bad decisions, but what QB doesn't? Hell, "if" Favre has time to throw, he has shown to make great decisions and deliver virtually every-time. With pass protection, Favre is STILL an outstanding QB, but the problem is that he is almost hurried everytime with the current O-Line in front of him...you say excuses? I say it's a reality check!
That right there is another difference between Packers and Vikes fans.
Look around and you will see threads where some of us will blame A-Rod for his mistakes. Some Packers fans feel that he holds onto the ball too long instead of blaming the O-line.
But with Favre, even though he makes too many errors with his passes which end up as interceptions, he is Lord and perfect God of the football field. He never ever makes a mistake. Not one. Ever. Nope. It's always other team members to blame for his interceptions even though HE IS THE ONE WHO THREW THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!
And when he does make great passes, IT'S ALL HIM and the O-line doesn't get one bit of credit.
Ane when it's an interception or a fumble IT IS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT 100% OF THE TIME!!!!!!!
Packers fans know what reality is and who to blame and who to give credit for the games win or lose.

Word and right on!

I stopped liking him when he went to the Jets because there's something about people who don't keep their word that bothers me.
I know that we're only human and that nobuddy's purfict.
But is it too much to expect folks to keep their word and to do what they say when it's something they can do?
Is it acceptable or OK to be a flip flopping waffle headed wishy washy jelly fish?
Or should one's word be as strong as oak, no matter what it is?
I can understand when someone changes their mind when something comes up beyond their control.
But when it's just because one feels like it, I don't think that should be or has to be acceptible.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed! However, your perceptions about what Brett does IMO is swayed because your a Packer fan. With some things, it wouldn't matter what team you root for (like the retire/un-retire scenario), but for the little knick knack things that media feeds consumers like me and you, I believe many of those things are "the wrong reasons"....then from there is simply hate/disgust based off of Brett leaving the Pack.....that is what often influences Packer fans when there is any topic relative to Favre.....that's what I am referring to I guess.

It depends on if your believing everything Bretts camp feeds the media...

If you do research on your own there are many things that Brett has literally said that were lies...

One is the "bribe" one week he told Al Jones it was being misunderstood in the media and it wasnt a bribe...The NEXT week when he was leaving Lambeau for last time he told a female reporter from ESPN that they treid to bribe him...

What the Bretts camp failed to mention was that this "bribe" was offered back in Jan of 07 BEFORE the Giants game, Andrew Brandt went to Bob Harlan about it..

Reasons to hate him

Lies to get the public to support him
Tossing ex coaches/players under the bus

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, the $20 Marketing deal was offered BEFORE the Giants game in 2007?

Honestly, I had no idea.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup Andrew Brandt wrote something about it on the nationalfootballpost.com site

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, what an epic ****** nozzle. Totally made it sound like it was a bribe to keep him retired.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Al Jones article was up for a while, but now if you want to read it, have to buy the old archive of it

Could email Andrew Bradnt to ask for the link to the story he wrote?

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's Sooooooooooooooooo LAME!

You lay out the Smack...then HIDE when you're wrong.

Tell ya what, here'e whats gonna happen this week:

1. Cowboys are going to spank the "Failures" this week, & I hate both equally

AND here's what I will do next week.

Come back here, & celebrate my prediction, or EAT CROW if I'm wrong.
Wrong on both, Where's the crow...dammit!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Grumble Grumble Grumble!!!

YOU make Bad PRediCtions GRRRR!!!

EAT DIRT, I can't beleive u failed ur future reading seesssssions!!!

... I'm not good at this..

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Wait, the $20 Marketing deal was offered BEFORE the Giants game in 2007?

Honestly, I had no idea.
No wonder he didn't take it. Only $20 bucks? Damn the Packers are cheap.

Most fans weren't pissed when he went to the Jet's because he had no choice. He had to go or not play. I still think had the Packers traded him to MN in 08 he would be out of football by now, the Packers would not have suffered any more and would probably have 1 or 2 more higher draft picks because of the trade. But I could be wrong. Think of it, had the Packers traded him to the Vikes for a number one, MN would probably not have Harvin. (Not that TT would have taken Harvin)

I am curious, why is there no hate for Longwell? After all, he went to a rival team. Could it be because the Packer's,(TT) didn't want to pay him? And how has that worked out the last 5 years?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No wonder he didn't take it. Only $20 bucks? Damn the Packers are cheap.

Most fans weren't pissed when he went to the Jet's because he had no choice. He had to go or not play. I still think had the Packers traded him to MN in 08 he would be out of football by now, the Packers would not have suffered any more and would probably have 1 or 2 more higher draft picks because of the trade. But I could be wrong. Think of it, had the Packers traded him to the Vikes for a number one, MN would probably not have Harvin. (Not that TT would have taken Harvin)

I am curious, why is there no hate for Longwell? After all, he went to a rival team. Could it be because the Packer's,(TT) didn't want to pay him? And how has that worked out the last 5 years?
If they trade him to MN, GB turns into LA in april 92'.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No hate for Longwell because he's just a kicker, and no one cares about kickers. :)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, I actually shake my head when people try to compare Lombardi, Edgar Benett, or Longwell to the situation with Brett...

I am not even going to TRY and explain it, because it is so obvious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts