1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Welcome to our living room OBF posters

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bozo

bozo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    That's Sooooooooooooooooo LAME!

You lay out the Smack...then HIDE when you're wrong.

Tell ya what, here'e whats gonna happen this week:

1. Cowboys are going to spank the "Failures" this week, & I hate both equally
    2. Favre will get a complimentary start to preserve his "start record", BUT he will NOT finish the game...he's injured, & Chillie will sacrifice his team to keep Favre's record alive.

AND here's what I will do next week.

Come back here, & celebrate my prediction, or EAT CROW if I'm wrong.
  2. Big Dan

Big Dan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Exactly. Favre was a huge upgrade for Minnesota. They're better with him than they were without him. Of course, that isn't really saying much at all. They still stink, they just stink a little less. Bretty's level of play, especially his propensity to throw a season-ending interception every year, simply was not good enough for the Packers.

You wanted him, you got him. May he be the starting quarterback of the 'Queens for the next 10 years. It might even happen. I heard Deanna has already been out to Los Angeles looking at houses.
  3. bozo

bozo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    BTW: I got a text message from Deanna Farve yesterday.

She said, "Those text messages & photos were meant for me, but Brett was intercepted" LOL!
  4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

typical troll tactic-divert away from question at hand

lot of typing but didnt answer the question
  5. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192 / 26 / -7
    Packer Fan Since:
    Ahhhh you noticed that also? Yeah I don't think anything was answered in his statement.
  6. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok dude, since you are begging to hear a troll's input on the 2007 game, I think he blew it big time. However, QB's on various teams blow big time games every year, so what difference does it make? HE was still the best QB the Vikes had since Cunningham, plain and simple. I had more fun watching Favre and CO last year than I had in the previous 10 combined damn near, that is good enough for me. AND, in the Cowboys playoff game, hell he tore that defense apart, just like he did against the Fudge Pack twice last year as well!

Favre is struggling right now, and so what if he has some tendinitis, he will play Sunday and help the Vikes beat the Cowboys, and now that the Vikes brought in a legit receiver in Moss, **** will start flinging starting this week. Hell, they looked pretty good last Monday, and that was ONLY the first game together after three practices. Then, once you put Harvin and Shaincoe in there, you have yourself a threat, not to mention the best RB in the league....I can't to see the Pack get smoked once again ....
  7. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Their record says nothing in terms of the talent on that team man, anyone and their mother should know and acknowledge that! Favre failed to make some basic throws on Monday, however he made some spectacular ones as well, and those resulted in 3 TD's. Sure, he threw the INT to virtually end the game, but once again he was pressured because of a worthless O-Line. Maybe you should actually pay attention to why QB's all over the league struggle, you should notice that a crappy O-Line can make a QB look good or bad (i.e. Rodgers last year first-half of season). I am not taking away the fact that Brett makes bad decisions, but what QB doesn't? Hell, "if" Favre has time to throw, he has shown to make great decisions and deliver virtually every-time. With pass protection, Favre is STILL an outstanding QB, but the problem is that he is almost hurried everytime with the current O-Line in front of him...you say excuses? I say it's a reality check!
  8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Disliking someone for being a douche isn't the wrong reasons.
  9. MNVIKES4EVA

MNVIKES4EVA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Agreed! However, your perceptions about what Brett does IMO is swayed because your a Packer fan. With some things, it wouldn't matter what team you root for (like the retire/un-retire scenario), but for the little knick knack things that media feeds consumers like me and you, I believe many of those things are "the wrong reasons"....then from there is simply hate/disgust based off of Brett leaving the Pack.....that is what often influences Packer fans when there is any topic relative to Favre.....that's what I am referring to I guess.
  10. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Well, to be honest, you're not a Packer fan. You can't understand what it felt like to go through all the bullshit and drama and nonsense year after year. You also can't understand what it felt like to have him stab you in the back by joining our hated douchebag rivals. If you could, you'd be able to understand why we take pleasure in his, and subsequently your, misery.

Sorry man, but the guy has lost a TON of fans, and not just in Packer nation. The only people who truly love the guy anymore are die hard Brett Favre fans and Vikings fans. Most the rest of the world thinks the guy is an absolute tool.
  11. Big Dan

Big Dan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    We don't hate him 'cuz he left.... we hate him 'cuz he tried to come back.
  12. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192 / 26 / -7
    Packer Fan Since:
    Best post pretty much sums it up completely. Most fans were not pissed when he Wen to the jets but once he decided to retire just so the jets would release him and then he decided to play for the queens just to stick it to the packers the fans got pissed. I hate how you(vikes fan) spew crap at us just cuz we can't stand the guy and you think he's the greatest thing ever (and I guarantee you hated him when he was with the packers) why can we not hate him cuz he's with the queens. He plays for our most hated team so why can we not hate him? I hate him like I hate everyone else on the queens. Enjoy sticking up for your boy toy but don't expect me (and a lot of other fans to take what you have to write seriously and try to change our minds of him not being a douche and make us try to like him again.
  13. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Or the manner in which he tried to come back. He picked a time to return when it was the most disruptive to the team. Anyone else remember how he voluntarily called our division rivals to help them lay out a plan to beat us? Only a mega douche nozzle would do that.
  14. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,303 / 51 / -15
  15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

It depends on if your believing everything Bretts camp feeds the media...

If you do research on your own there are many things that Brett has literally said that were lies...

One is the "bribe" one week he told Al Jones it was being misunderstood in the media and it wasnt a bribe...The NEXT week when he was leaving Lambeau for last time he told a female reporter from ESPN that they treid to bribe him...

What the Bretts camp failed to mention was that this "bribe" was offered back in Jan of 07 BEFORE the Giants game, Andrew Brandt went to Bob Harlan about it..

Reasons to hate him

Lies to get the public to support him
    Tossing ex coaches/players under the bus
  16. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Wait, the $20 Marketing deal was offered BEFORE the Giants game in 2007?

Honestly, I had no idea.
  17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yup Andrew Brandt wrote something about it on the nationalfootballpost.com site
  18. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Geez, what an epic douche nozzle. Totally made it sound like it was a bribe to keep him retired.
  19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    The Al Jones article was up for a while, but now if you want to read it, have to buy the old archive of it

Could email Andrew Bradnt to ask for the link to the story he wrote?
  20. bozo

bozo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Wrong on both, Where's the crow...dammit!
  21. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Grumble Grumble Grumble!!!

YOU make Bad PRediCtions GRRRR!!!

EAT DIRT, I can't beleive u failed ur future reading seesssssions!!!

... I'm not good at this..
  22. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +713 / 20 / -11
    No wonder he didn't take it. Only $20 bucks? Damn the Packers are cheap.

Most fans weren't pissed when he went to the Jet's because he had no choice. He had to go or not play. I still think had the Packers traded him to MN in 08 he would be out of football by now, the Packers would not have suffered any more and would probably have 1 or 2 more higher draft picks because of the trade. But I could be wrong. Think of it, had the Packers traded him to the Vikes for a number one, MN would probably not have Harvin. (Not that TT would have taken Harvin)

I am curious, why is there no hate for Longwell? After all, he went to a rival team. Could it be because the Packer's,(TT) didn't want to pay him? And how has that worked out the last 5 years?
  23. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    If they trade him to MN, GB turns into LA in april 92'.
  24. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    No hate for Longwell because he's just a kicker, and no one cares about kickers. :)
  25. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Wow, I actually shake my head when people try to compare Lombardi, Edgar Benett, or Longwell to the situation with Brett...

I am not even going to TRY and explain it, because it is so obvious
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.