Weekly Prediction Contest: Week #7

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ALL are welcome to play along!!

Guess the score of each team of each game...
Each game you pick the correct winner of: 5 points
If you pick correctly on at least half the games scheduled for the week earns a 20 points bonus
If you pick correctly on at least 75% of the games earns a 40 point bonus (plus the previous 20 points)
If you get all but one of the games correct nets 100 bonus points (plus the 20 & 40 from above)
Guess right on all the games and enjoy a free 150 points (plus the previous 24, 40 & 100)
And ..... If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct game.
If you've got incredibly mad skills and happen to guess every correct score of every game: you get a mega jackpot of 5000 points.
Post your weekly results in the score thread.

I am OK with posting just the Thursday game and then replying to (not editing) it later in the week with the rest of the picks.

13 games this week so only need 7 to get 1/2 right. In the event of a tie game, you would be at 50% with 6 right. It wouldn't be fair to be penalized for that happening. It would mean that points would only be awarded off 12 games not ending in ties. If there are additional ties, the numbers would change proportionately.

If there's any objections, please notify me in this thread prior to the Thursday night game's start time, and it will not be part of the scoring. One objection kills it.

Thursday
Jaguars at Saints

Sunday
Falcons at Buccaneers
Raiders at Bears
Cleveland at Indianapolis
Commanders at Giants
Lions at Ravens
Bills at Patriots
Cardinals at Seahawks
Steelers at Rams
Chargers at Chiefs
Packers at Broncos
Dolphins at Eagles

Monday
49ers at Vikings

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
13 games this week so only need 7 to get 1/2 right. In the event of a tie game, you would be at 50% with 6 right. It wouldn't be fair to be penalized for that happening. It would mean that points would only be awarded off 12 games not ending in ties. If there are additional ties, the numbers would change proportionately.

If there's any objections, please notify me in this thread prior to the Thursday night game's start time, and it will not be part of the scoring. One objection kills it.
You should only get points for guessing the tie. Shouldn't get credit for being half right.

Reaction score
You should only get points for guessing the tie. Shouldn't get credit for being half right.
Someone told me I was only half right just recently. Matter of fact they adjusted to “you ain’t right”

I had just made a Baseball Series joke about Altuve. I asked them if they thought he looked “debased” after his screw up. :coffee:

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you pick correctly on at least half the games scheduled for the week earns a 20 points bonus
If you pick correctly on at least 75% of the games earns a 40 point bonus (plus the previous 20 points)
If you get all but one of the games correct nets 100 bonus points (plus the 20 & 40 from above)
Guess right on all the games and enjoy a free 150 points (plus the previous 24, 40 & 100)
And ..... If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct game.
If you've got incredibly mad skills and happen to guess every correct score of every game: you get a mega jackpot of 5000 points.

I am OK with posting just the Thursday game and then replying to (not editing) it later in the week with the rest of the picks.

Thursday
Jaguars at Saints

Sunday
Falcons at Buccaneers
Raiders at Bears
Commanders at Giants
Lions at Ravens
Bills at Patriots
Cardinals at Seahawks
Steelers at Rams
Chargers at Chiefs
Packers at Broncos
Dolphins at Eagles

Monday
49ers at Vikings
Saints 23 Jaguars 20
Buccaneers 24 Falcons 17
Bears 23 Raiders 19
Browns 27 Colts 20
Giants 27 Commanders 17
Ravens 19 Lions 17
Bills 31 Patriots 17
Seahawks 31 Cardinals 13
Rams 24 Steelers 16
Chiefs 34 Chargers 24
Packers 23 Broncos 20
Eagles 38 Dolphins 27
49ers 27 Vikings 23

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK! There's an objection on the ties, so it's officially a loss. Since it's a pick the winner contest, you would get points for that game if you picked it as a tie.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thursday
Jaguars at Saints

Sunday
Falcons at Buccaneers
Raiders at Bears
Commanders at Giants
Lions at Ravens
Bills at Patriots
Cardinals at Seahawks
Steelers at Rams
Chargers at Chiefs
Packers at Broncos
Dolphins at Eagles

Monday
49ers at Vikings
Jags 20 Saints 17
Bucs 24 Falcons 16
Bears 27 Raiders 24
Browns 23 Colts 20
Giants 20 Commies 17
Lions 23 Ravens 20
Bills 27 Pats 20
Hawks 31 Cards 20
Rams 24 Steelers 17
Chiefs 27 Bolts 24
Pack 27 Broncos 23
Eagles 31 Fins 27
Niners 31 Vikes 27

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Already lost the Thursday night game. :(

All scores, 27-24. Good luck everyone!

Sunday
Buccaneers
Raiders
Browns
Commanders
Lions
Bills
Seahawks
Rams
Chiefs
Packers
Eagles

Monday
49ers

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I hit the jackpot! Only 4 right going into the Monday night game! I could have done better flipping a coin.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Already lost the Thursday night game. :(

All scores, 27-24. Good luck everyone!

Sunday
Buccaneers
Raiders
Browns
Commanders
Lions
Bills
Seahawks
Rams
Chiefs
Packers
Eagles

Monday
49ers

All scores 24-17 except noted*
Sunday

Buccaneers
Bears
Cleveland
Commanders
Lions
Bills
Seahawks
Rams
Chiefs
Packers
* Dolphins 34 Eagles 31

Monday
49ers
Do you realize that had you picked the Steelers the score was 24-17? And had the Chiefs not gone for the garbage TD you would have had another. The Eagles should have won by that score also.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you realize that had you picked the Steelers the score was 24-17? And had the Chiefs not gone for the garbage TD you would have had another. The Eagles should have won by that score also.
It would have been pure luck. For some reason, I was totally wrong with my analysis on so many of them. Then, as the games played out, I was going over details in them and thought I should have gotten some of the right. As an example. The Giants. They were so due for a win, and it was sitting out there for the taking. Then the Steelers, and Pats. I should have seen those from the start.

But, even when I'm getting the snot kicked out of me, I enjoy competition in pick 'ems.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't hit a score bingo all year. So it seems that Voyaguer likely has more points than me.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I don't think you'll be out of it by any means. You're good at picking them. I have no idea who's ahead, but I'm quite confident I'm not. I haven't had anything but 50% & 75% a couple of times. Just plodding along like a plow horse competing in the Kentucky Derby.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I missed week 1 thinking that the picks contest wasn't going to continue. However, yourself, Milani and Poppa San did a great job picking up and moving forward with things. Not too much need to get caught up in the drama of whose winning.

Just have fun with it. Thanks guys!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excuse me for stating the obvious. RIP Bob.
Not a good week overall. 7-6
WTD = 35 +20
YTD = 650 + 55 = 705. Corrected 3 times!

Should have seen the Vikings playing inspired this week and Niners a little banged up.

Last edited:

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that I ended up 7-6 too. I did take Minnesota @ +6.5 in a pool where we pick all of the games vs the spread. But picking the Vikings straight up? It wouldn't work in most instances. However, in the week to week of picking in the NFL you never know wtf until after the game.

OP
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did end up with 4 right. Now, I need to decide if I want to have a chcken pick em, or flip a coin this coming week. It's pitiful!

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did end up with 4 right. Now, I need to decide if I want to have a chcken pick em, or flip a coin this coming week. It's pitiful!
The pool I'm has 81 participants picking every game against the Wednesday point spreads. In week 6; 2 participants went 1-12, 4 were 2-11, 10 were 3-10. 77% of the 81 were below .500. My guess is that the books did very well last week. This guy would have done better than most.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pool I'm has 81 participants picking every game against the Wednesday point spreads. In week 7; 2 participants went 1-12, 4 were 2-11, 10 were 3-10. 77% of the 81 were below .500. My guess is that the books did very well last week. This guy would have done better than most.

Members online

Latest posts