Week 9 Sunday late game at Kansas City (Pregame and after game thread)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Perhaps you elaborate and stop with these quips and attacks because you seem to be anger I called you and Swith out on your talking points about the "rules." Even though you two were on different subjects in regards to this issue but claim others didn't know what they were talking about. Go read my reply to Swith that I copied and posted some of your "oh so intelligent" replies to Realitybytez. LOL
I am not your teacher. When you make statements such as your last several, that are either blatantly false and proven to be or just so off the wall and don't apply to this discussion, I am not going to hold your hand and walk you through the process of educating yourself. Go back to your question and just Google it, you questioning the efficacy of vaccines was done months ago and really has nothing to do with the Rodgers situation.

BTW....it is "swhitset"....you can't even get a name that is written on the screen correct.

Again kid, I am done with you. I was trying to be subtle to begin, but now you are just a gnat buzzing around. I love a good debate, a battle of knowledge and wit, but not with an unarmed person.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There isn't a single vaccine in the world guaranteeing a person to not get infected with whatever disease it is adminstered against.

The purpose of it is to reduce the chances of that happening and to minimize the risk of falling seriously ill or dying.
Let take Polio vaccine for instance. Because a lot of people like to bring up the polio vaccine to advocate the Covid vaccine. That vaccine has an effective rate of 99%. Now granted you will have a probability of a child catching this virus which is VERY very VERY rare after being injected. Now take Covid and the probability rate at 90-95%, the odds of ALL packers players being on that Covid list having taken the vaccine is very, how do you say, very unlikely and quite alarming.
However, that begs the question why is this vaccine mandate being pushed if this, as you say, doesn't guarantee what it's supposed to do? Now as for the claim of "minimizing"/preventing deaths...that is hotly contested because we are not being told how many deaths there are of people who were vaccinated. The only case I can think of is at the moment is Colin Powell, then again there are many factors(given the benefit of doubt) to take into account despite him being vaccinated prior to his death.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not your teacher. When you make statements such as your last several, that are either blatantly false and proven to be or just so off the wall and don't apply to this discussion, I am not going to hold your hand and walk you through the process of educating yourself. Go back to your question and just Google it, you questioning the efficacy of vaccines was done months ago and really has nothing to do with the Rodgers situation.

BTW....it is "swhitset"....you can't even get a name that is written on the screen correct.

Again kid, I am done with you. I was trying to be subtle to begin, but now you are just a gnat buzzing around. I love a good debate, a battle of knowledge and wit, but not with an unarmed person.
Again NOTHING but nonsense. If you are done with me then why do you keep replying to me and then have NOTHING to rebuttal with? Perhaps you should take heed of your own advice you told someone else on this forum and use the IGNORE button!

Lets have fun though...go show me any posts of mine that were "blatantly false and proven to be or just off the wall and don't apply to this discussion." We can go from there.

D

Deleted member 6794

Let take Polio vaccine for instance. Because a lot of people like to bring up the polio vaccine to advocate the Covid vaccine. That vaccine has an effective rate of 99%. Now granted you will have a probability of a child catching this virus which is VERY very VERY rare after being injected. Now take Covid and the probability rate at 90-95%, the odds of ALL packers players being on that Covid list having taken the vaccine is very, how do you say, very unlikely and quite alarming.
However, that begs the question why is this vaccine mandate being pushed if this, as you say, doesn't guarantee what it's supposed to do? Now as for the claim of "minimizing"/preventing deaths...that is hotly contested because we are not being told how many deaths there are of people who were vaccinated. The only case I can think of is at the moment is Colin Powell, then again there are many factors(given the benefit of doubt) to take into account despite him being vaccinated prior to his death.

First of all the J&J vaccine has been proven to be far less effective than Moderna and Phizer.

Another reason why previous vaccines have proven to be more effective is that there weren't that many people against them resulting in close to the entire population being vaccinated against those diseases.

In addition you need to account for that a lot of vaccines were administered before the Delta mutation became the most common one.

On top of that the numbers clearly support that the vaccine is significantly reducing severe and life threatening symptoms.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you RINO if your butt hangs over one side of the fence and your mug hangs over the other.
That kind of person used to be called a "mugwump." Tito of Yugoslavia was one regarding Soviet Union and the West.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Science doesn't have all of the answers but I'll take science over ignorance.

I'm fully vaccinated & worked through the pandemic going into my place of employment as my job can't be done remotely.

I believe in personal choice BUT sometimes you have to put greater good over your own feelings.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. Yes I'm a star trek fan lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Science doesn't have all of the answers but I'll take science over ignorance.

I'm fully vaccinated & worked through the pandemic going into my place of employment as my job can't be done remotely.

I believe in personal choice BUT sometimes you have to put greater good over your own feelings.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. Yes I'm a star trek fan lol
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Rodgers had been honest he would still be on the COVID-19 list today.
Yup, that is the reality of it and people wouldn't be calling him a liar today. Some people might have said "never thought I might be allergic to 2 of the vaccines, I better check with my doctor before I get the vaccine."

That said, there are those who are focused on the idea that this all has something to do with the fact that he isn't playing today and by using their narrow focus, they think that is what everyone else it upset about. When in reality, most of us care less about the game, as Captain pointed out, he wouldn't be playing anyway. It is about something more important than a game, it is all about the lies, misrepresentation and self centered way that the face of the Packer organization handled himself, once again. Many of us have seen this play out elsewhere in the World and more specifically the U.S. and it might even sting more coming from a guy that you have cheered on all these years.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know… I am to. Nothing could be a better answer than for Jordan Love to outperform our expectations.

I don’t watch much news or screen time because it’s very sensationalized. I did do some due diligence and watched 7-8 various programs discussing the topic.
I can tell you it’s definitely not just us overreacting. :laugh:
The whole football world, and many outside of it, is reacting. I'll let you all decide for yourself if it's over or under or just the right amount.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all the J&J vaccine has been proven to be far less effective than Moderna and Phizer.

Another reason why previous vaccines have proven to be more effective is that there weren't that many people against them resulting in close to the entire population being vaccinated against those diseases.

In addition you need to account for that a lot of vaccines were administered before the Delta mutation became the most common one.

On top of that the numbers clearly support that the vaccine is significantly reducing severe and life threatening symptoms.
Let's clarify before anyone calls me an nutjob anti-vaxxer. I do believe in vaccines but this one has too many red flags attached to it.

Yes, J&J was pulled months ago. So it's likely that most players have taken the Phizer or Moderna.

I don't think vaccines work or are dependent on how many are vaccinated. In theory, yes, if most were vaccinated it should be 100% effective. The vaccine should protect you from the disease from attacking your immune system no matter how many have taken it.

Why the push for this mandate if there are different strains? Doesn't make logical sense to take something that is not going to protect you from other strains. However, CDC has stated that the vaccine, that most players probably took, is supposedly effective against the Delta.

Preventing deaths and severe symptoms are a good thing but once again shouldn't this "mandate" apply to those at high risk?

Ok i'm done. Don't want to get kicked off this site for "hijacking" it.

How about them Packers, hey Cap?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to hold you to this, at least in this thread.
Don't hold your breath. He will continue to reply to me or others that don't share his view points then when he is challenged will cry about how versed he is about this and that while calling people "kid" like he is some big shot then run with his tail between his legs, then go give "likes" to whoever he supports. LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Are you F___ing kidding me? What about Poppa San's warning to knock-off the Covid BS aren't you comprehending? This is the 2nd thread that I'm UNwatching due to you A-holes hijacking it to spout your BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was made in 2019 and has nothing to do with Covid. But everything to do with misconceptions and representations of fact, which is exactly what this discussion is all about. Sorry it hit too close to home for you.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Love will have essentially a full cast of characters available at his disposal.

I'll be very disappointed if the line gives him enough time to operate and he can't get the ball to our playmakers. I'm expecting though a ton of bootleg and moving the pocket and/or short passes to help him out.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Love will have essentially a full cast of characters available at his disposal.

I'll be very disappointed if the line gives him enough time to operate and he can't get the ball to our playmakers. I'm expecting though a ton of bootleg and moving the pocket and/or short passes to help him out.
I don't expect too much out of Love tonight, it is his first taste of real NFL Football, on the road, in the loudest stadium in the World and against a team fighting for their season to get back on the track to where they thought it should have been going. I also hope I am wrong and he lights it up. However, if I am right, I hope people heath the first part of what I wrote and give the guy some slack, until he is given more opportunities to improve. I have no clue when that debate should start, but it shouldn't begin, at least fully, tonight.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The whole football world, and many outside of it, is reacting. I'll let you all decide for yourself if it's over or under or just the right amount.
Yup....did you catch SNL last night and their spin on The Rodgers Rate?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The totals I had read was around 15,000 deaths. Now percentage wise that is small since the number vaccinated is much higher than the flu, pneumonia, or shingles e.g. now that is just deaths from the vaccine. The CDC does breakdown deaths more in detail such as dying of ONLY COVID and not in combination of other causes.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers could have mentioned that he's allergic to an ingredient of the mRNA vaccines and didn't trust the J&J one instead of letting everyone believe he was vaccinated in August though.
The media needs to ask him or he could tell us what the ingredient is and what any medical experts told him could be the worse health consequences had he gotten the jab.
Well, for now we got what we got and that is what I am going with.
I am 100% behind our QB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is a master at wordsmithing. If you need evidence of that, just listen to him speak. This was intentional and had it not been, he had plenty of time and opportunities to correct himself and he chose not to, until now, when he had to. Also, unlike a lot of people who opt out of the vaccine, he is now stating he had a legit medical excuse. If true, wouldn't he want to share that information, like he is now, not only to prepare his fans, but also to remind them, they too could be allergic? Why wait until your lie blows up?

While I agree with you and a few others that he probably would have faced some initial backlash for his decision back in August, it would have blown over fast and some people would just conclude "his decision, I don't agree with it, but glad he told us." However, he didn't correct himself until now, so now it isn't so much the decision to not get vaccinated that people are questioning, it is the way that he handled the situation in August, as well as the way he is once again playing the victim and not owning his part in thi, that has people further miffed.

Rodgers may have put the Packers organization on notice with his eloquent speech in July, but he also forced the media and many of his fans to a place where they questioned his authenticity and motives. This situation didn't just restir that pot, it may have made it overflow.
A-Rod is saying that he was nervous about telling too much because of the woke cancel culture and for that I cannot blame him.

I see that you gave your avatar an upgrade to show your feelings on the matter.
Comparing this to the Tom Brady/Pats controversies I never saw any Pats fans expressing or agreeing with any of those accusations that were thrown against their team and QB.
Instead they defended with their lame excuses.
Not suggesting they are better fans. Just what I see.
You certainly have the right to express yourself on the matter.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another interesting aspect of this hotly debated subject that seems to have been ignored is the efficacy of this vaccine. Has the media talked about if the drug is really working? NO...these companies claim that the effective rate is in the 90% but you have every Packer's players on that list who are vaccinated and also politicians who are adamant about taking this drug being tested positive too, as well as spreading it. If that doesn't raise red flags I don't know what will. What are odds of that? I guess we are supposed to be good sheep(no offense to those who are advocates of this vaccine) and just keep quiet and listen to the "experts?" And people wonder why there are questions concerning this vaccine.
I do not mean to open a can of worms or cause any heated arguments etc....
This is from my opinion and observations only and will do my best to not seem biased.
If this is not the place to discuss this on this forum, is there another section it would be better for?

Have you noticed how Covid is being treated when it was Trump vs Biden?
With Trump every gathering of those in his camp were "super spreaders."
And those that were Left Wing related never were. Not once.
And now those words are not mentioned at all. Like for sporting events.
Covid is still very much among us but now it pretty much is forgotten about under Biden even though IMO he has not gotten it 100% under control.
We no longer hear anymore if, say, 300 got infected and 100 died when they went to this large gathering of 5,000 or whatever.
CNN has stopped with the sidebar showing the numbers of sick and dead.
Etc.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not suggesting they are better fans. Just what I see.
actually they are better fans as a group. the days of the packers having the best fans are long behind us. many of the current packers fans are so spoiled by three decades of hall-of fame qb play that they can't wait to see individual players fail. they revel in it the way that most fans revel in a victory. they call players "trash" if they make a mistake or even if they get beat by a better player on a few plays. packers fans just aren't as cool as they used to be.