Week 9 Sunday late game at Kansas City (Pregame and after game thread)

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And yet neither of you have proven me wrong but have used tactics like "talking in circles" or using childish antics like calling people "kid," or telling them they don't understand what is being discussed but can't elaborate. I guess what you say is right and try to shut down others because they are wrong instead of just having a civil discourse. LOL But let me digress....I guess I will be accused as "sidestepping."
lmao…. what’s to prove wrong? you have an opinion I don’t care about. My previous issues with you have been … at first you were literally talking gibberish… trying to be subtle about your opinion on vaccination I guess.. The problem is that you kept making arguments about something nobody was even talking about. We were talking about the actual rules that were in place and how that might affect Rodgers. You wanted to goad us into arguing about whether or not Rodgers was/ should have been required to be vaccinated. That wasn’t the argument no matter how badly you wanted it to be. So again … There is nothing to prove wrong … but go ahead and continue to preach if you’d like. I’m not interested.

Reaction score
That being said, I hope Love lights it the hell up tomorrow. Because it can only be a good thing for the Packers. Either you drive up a trade market for him, or maybe he truly is the future.
I agree that it’s the best thing for GB long term. Aaron Rodgers has been great, but all this drama is worse than having to move back in with your parents.:whistling:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that it’s the best thing for GB long term. Aaron Rodgers has been great, but all this drama is worse than having to move back in with your parents.:whistling:
I can't help but wonder if all this drama is mainly on this board. And no, I'm not going to go look for it. No more Rodger's performance either. But I am still psyched to watch the game tomorrow.

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if all this drama is mainly on this board. And no, I'm not going to go look for it. No more Rodger's performance either. But I am still psyched to watch the game tomorrow.
You know… I am to. Nothing could be a better answer than for Jordan Love to outperform our expectations.

I don’t watch much news or screen time because it’s very sensationalized. I did do some due diligence and watched 7-8 various programs discussing the topic.
I can tell you it’s definitely not just us overreacting. :laugh:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. There is more. The Packers.com boards are filled with nuts of every kind and they are at like crazy right now. Usually they get bored. Not this week.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if all this drama is mainly on this board. And no, I'm not going to go look for it.
No it's not just this board. It's spread out of the sports world, even Jimmy Kimmel trashed "Karen Rodgers". And today a Wisconsin health company ended their endorsement deal with Rodgers.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To expect Love to have zero turnover is unrealistic IMO.
Loading the box is a lot easier to do vs. Love (this week) than it is against Rodgers (last week).
The KC offense is still very good. It seems either Kelce is not 100% or teams have found a way to take him out of the passing game the last few weeks. Can the Pack D duplicate that?
Tough stadium to make your 1st NFL start in.
Just like last week the logical part of me thinks we have little chance to win while the fan part of me is excited to see if guys can step up.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lmao…. what’s to prove wrong? you have an opinion I don’t care about. My previous issues with you have been … at first you were literally talking gibberish… trying to be subtle about your opinion on vaccination I guess.. The problem is that you kept making arguments about something nobody was even talking about. We were talking about the actual rules that were in place and how that might affect Rodgers. You wanted to goad us into arguing about whether or not Rodgers was/ should have been required to be vaccinated. That wasn’t the argument no matter how badly you wanted it to be. So again … There is nothing to prove wrong … but go ahead and continue to preach if you’d like. I’m not interested.

Here we go again with the childish shenanigans and putting words into peoples mouth.

Anyway...let me make it easy for the two of you(poker and you) to understand.

You claimed that you were discussing about the "rules" when in fact they(poker and realitybytez) were discussing the efficacy of the vaccine not about the "rules" until you interjected by replying to Realitytytez by telling him he was missing the point that it was about the "rules" in regards to the vaccine(see your reply below). This is where I came in and mentioned MANDATES. Do you understand now?

Now i'm confused with this "actual rules and how they might affect rodgers" you said above. Anyway, no...I wasn't trying to "goad" anyone into trying to make this into an argument whether Rod "was/should have been required to be vaccinated." That too made no sense considering I was trying to point out to people who vilified Rod for not getting the vaccine or he "knew about the rules were regarding vaccination" that a vaccine mandate was not in place by the Packers organization so it doesn't matter what "affect" the "rules" would have had on Rod.
So there you go.
Now you are welcome to elaborate about what you mean by "rules" so there is no misunderstandings.

(replied to Realitybytez) You are missing the point. To keep this relevant to the forum…. The effectiveness of the vaccine is not the point. The NFL had certain rules in place. Whether you ar Aaron agree with them is irrelevant. The point is that Aaron is being paid a boatload of money to be available to play QB for the Green Bay Packers. He knew what the rules were regarding vaccination. For whatever reason, he chose not to get vaccinated. That in and of itself is bad enough in my opinion because of the aforementioned rules. He is now required to stay away for 10 days… unlike Adams who because of his vaccinated status only had to test negative twice and can resume practice. Furthermore it appears that Rodgers may have broken some of the rules regarding unvaccinated players… that is arrogantly unforgivable considering his importance to the team. Again… your opinion or Aaron’s regarding the effectiveness of the vaccine.. or the NFL’s rules is irrelevant. They are the rules and they were known going in.
Pokerbrat2000 said:
Because had he been vaccinated, he would not be required to sit out 10 days. Had he been vaccinated, he decreases his odds of getting very sick from Covid. I think the other problem people have with him is that he was point blank asked by Packer reporter Rob Demovsky in August if he had gotten the Covid Vaccination. Rodgers response was ""Yeah I've been immunized." he said. "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated and it's personal decision, not going to judge those guys."

That is like walking into a drunken frat party and asking someone that is not drinking, but high on coke "Are you intoxicated?" "No man, I'm not, but plenty of guys in here are, but that's their business".

Pokerbrat2000 said:

“Shame on you. I can’t even start in on Aaron Rodgers. Because I know you did not hold out this whole offseason, holding everybody accountable and saying everybody is falling short and not doing what they’re supposed to do, and you’re not vaccinated? Come on man. Cut that mess out. That blows my mind.”

okay, so if i understand this correctly, the covid vaccination will not stop the virus from entering your body. many many many people who have been vaccinated have still ended up testing positive for covid. so if that is true, how is rodgers' getting an alternative inoculation so shameful? he still would have tested positive for covid even if he had taken the pfizer/moderna shots. i don't think irvin has ever been held up as a genius, so i'm not buying into his babbling.

D

Deleted member 6794

If he is our best option for a win against the Chiefs then obviously I want him on the field but he may have cost us a win by his failure to be honest.

If Rodgers had been honest he would still be on the COVID-19 list today.

I only saw a little of the interview, the part where he did not make a lot of sense. He looked under the weather to me and who knows how much it affects his thinking right now.

Rodgers didn't make sense for most of his interview. While he looked a bit under the weather that didn't affect his thoughts.

In pre season you give a young qb full meals and see what works. In season you try to keep things simpler and less complicated.

Most teams play vanilla schemes in the preseason. The system will be much more complicated for Love today.

I think we still have a good chance to win this game. It'll be like the 2010 game against the Patriots that Flynn started.

Flynn was a bit more experienced at that point than Love currently is but it's a decent comparison.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think many people doubted what Aaron Rodgers could do on the field, he was coming off an MVP season for pete's sake. I think most peoples beef with him was how he behaved this off season. I didn't like what he did and still don't like it, but I do like what he is doing on the field. By about week 3, he crushed my fear that he might be a lame duck QB and only be half in. That said, I do understand those who were fed up with him and done and those who feel he was just sticking up for himself and his teammates.

He appears to be having success and fun with this group, so who knows, he may be back for another season. If he is, I hope that decision is made immediately after the season, hopefully after a Packer Lombardi is brought home. I really don't want another offseason that is dominated by "will Rodgers be back, traded or sit out?", that really wasn't fun for any Packer fan.
Well, according to your avatar it looks like he has a dandy painting career going on off the field that he can always fall back on!
"Now let's paint some happy little fans in the stands."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To expect Love to have zero turnover is unrealistic IMO.
Loading the box is a lot easier to do vs. Love (this week) than it is against Rodgers (last week).
The KC offense is still very good. It seems either Kelce is not 100% or teams have found a way to take him out of the passing game the last few weeks. Can the Pack D duplicate that?
Tough stadium to make your 1st NFL start in.
Just like last week the logical part of me thinks we have little chance to win while the fan part of me is excited to see if guys can step up.
I can relate and I agree.

I am just really bummed that we are not getting the match up we wanted between two elite QBs.
Hopefully Love will be another Matt Flynn and win.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL and yet the media(and some on here) calls for his head just because he is not vaccinated.

NO it`s not just his business, he lied. THAT`S JUST WRONG !
Ya know, one of the things that seems to have slipped under the radar or has been pretty much forgotten about was something where A-Rod says that he is allergic to an ingredient in the vax.
Now if he is telling the truth, then think about the serious health consequences that could have.
So with that in mind, I really believe that A-Rod thought he was doing the right things by seeking alternative treatments, getting tested everyday and following other Covid protocols.
I don't think he meant to lie or if he did that it was a half truth so that he would not be raked over the coals by the media.
In the meantime we should all withhold frustrations and judgement until the NFL investigation into this is complete and to keep on cheering on and celebrating our team when we can.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ya know, one of the things that seems to have slipped under the radar or has been pretty much forgotten about was something where A-Rod says that he is allergic to an ingredient in the vax.
Now if he is telling the truth, then think about the serious health consequences that could have.
So with that in mind, I really believe that A-Rod thought he was doing the right things by seeking alternative treatments, getting tested everyday and following other Covid protocols.
I don't think he meant to lie or if he did that it was a half truth so that he would not be raked over the coals by the media.
In the meantime we should all withhold frustrations and judgement until the NFL investigation into this is complete and to keep on cheering on and celebrating our team when we can.

Rodgers could have mentioned that he's allergic to an ingredient of the mRNA vaccines and didn't trust the J&J one instead of letting everyone believe he was vaccinated in August though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers is a master at wordsmithing. If you need evidence of that, just listen to him speak. This was intentional and had it not been, he had plenty of time and opportunities to correct himself and he chose not to, until now, when he had to. Also, unlike a lot of people who opt out of the vaccine, he is now stating he had a legit medical excuse. If true, wouldn't he want to share that information, like he is now, not only to prepare his fans, but also to remind them, they too could be allergic? Why wait until your lie blows up?

While I agree with you and a few others that he probably would have faced some initial backlash for his decision back in August, it would have blown over fast and some people would just conclude "his decision, I don't agree with it, but glad he told us." However, he didn't correct himself until now, so now it isn't so much the decision to not get vaccinated that people are questioning, it is the way that he handled the situation in August, as well as the way he is once again playing the victim and not owning his part in thi, that has people further miffed.

Rodgers may have put the Packers organization on notice with his eloquent speech in July, but he also forced the media and many of his fans to a place where they questioned his authenticity and motives. This situation didn't just restir that pot, it may have made it overflow.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oh no, this "drama" is all over the internet, social media platforms and media in general - our society is a whacked out mess. The national television networks are making hay as are the national radio. It's interesting to watch guys like Florio who have a website and have a microphone - beat this drum. I bring up Florio specifically because we all know that Rodgers trashed his website a few weeks back and since then, anything "Rodgers negative" gets the "Florio as a former attorney" treatment. Suddenly, his byline is on nearly EVERY story at that site and it's 7 or 8 paragraphs long. Unusual for a blog - that DOES qualify it's very being as "News and Rumors".

We live in an information sharing society now that is the equivalent of a Wild West cluster, yielding nothing but an unending streaming of circular arguments, viewpoints and, unfortunately, misinformation that flows unchecked in the "Wild West" under the protection of 1st Amendment freedom of expression. In reality, I doubt that society (used as a sweeping generalization) has the ability to discern fact from fiction, fact from bias confirmation or, fact from media presentation based on corporate revenue goals. Within that clump groups, I include the current state of our educational system...and, our two-party political system. Well ... this is the end result and it's not only because of Covid, it's always going to be something that is dividing this nation - ah, the joys of living in a pluralistic society.

Yet, and still and the same ... today, there is NO common ground. God help you, you RINO if your butt hangs over one side of the fence and your mug hangs over the other. We are an all-or-nothing society, and we are split 50-50 on EVERYTHING. We can tolerate each other's opinions for a short time if planes are crashed into tall buildings but that wanes quickly when there is political or economic gain to be made.

One of my favorite tests on any given issue that garners "national" attention. Hit as many (hate to use this term) REAL news sites as you can think of - broadcast, print, electronic - and compare the headlines and first paragraph lead to each other. You wonder if they're covering the same story - so here you have it, consumers of "news" gravitate toward whichever site is going to support their preconceived notion - said consumer largely doesn't care what the "other side" is saying and has no intention of being swayed by THEIR use of persuasive discourse, or, rhetoric if you will.

You know, it's never going to change - it's how we're built. The uber-wealthy v. the proletariat (in this sense, I refer to anyone who is NOT uber-wealthy - I do not have a marxist bone in my 37-year banker body so don't go there); and all the other sub-groups that can be categorized as opponents. It's what we do and it's been amplified over the last few decades - but has always been present.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
unfortunately, misinformation that flows unchecked in the "Wild West" under the protection of 1st Amendment freedom of expression.
That is an interesting statement. Does it apply to the person where this all began, Aaron Rodgers? Also, in this particular situation, where and what is the misinformation that is being circulated by the media?

I understand your concerns and in many situations you are correct, but yelling "fake media", anytime a discussion gets uncomfortable isn't always the answer either.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another interesting aspect of this hotly debated subject that seems to have been ignored is the efficacy of this vaccine. Has the media talked about if the drug is really working? NO...these companies claim that the effective rate is in the 90% but you have every Packer's players on that list who are vaccinated and also politicians who are adamant about taking this drug being tested positive too, as well as spreading it. If that doesn't raise red flags I don't know what will. What are odds of that? I guess we are supposed to be good sheep(no offense to those who are advocates of this vaccine) and just keep quiet and listen to the "experts?" And people wonder why there are questions concerning this vaccine.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another interesting aspect of this hotly debated subject that seems to have been ignored is the efficacy of this vaccine. Has the media talked about if the drug is really working? NO.l
Seriously, you are posing that question? Do you actually read, outside of this forum and even how well you do that, I question.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no, this "drama" is all over the internet, social media platforms and media in general - our society is a whacked out mess. The national television networks are making hay as are the national radio. It's interesting to watch guys like Florio who have a website and have a microphone - beat this drum. I bring up Florio specifically because we all know that Rodgers trashed his website a few weeks back and since then, anything "Rodgers negative" gets the "Florio as a former attorney" treatment. Suddenly, his byline is on nearly EVERY story at that site and it's 7 or 8 paragraphs long. Unusual for a blog - that DOES qualify it's very being as "News and Rumors".

We live in an information sharing society now that is the equivalent of a Wild West cluster, yielding nothing but an unending streaming of circular arguments, viewpoints and, unfortunately, misinformation that flows unchecked in the "Wild West" under the protection of 1st Amendment freedom of expression. In reality, I doubt that society (used as a sweeping generalization) has the ability to discern fact from fiction, fact from bias confirmation or, fact from media presentation based on corporate revenue goals. Within that clump groups, I include the current state of our educational system...and, our two-party political system. Well ... this is the end result and it's not only because of Covid, it's always going to be something that is dividing this nation - ah, the joys of living in a pluralistic society.

Yet, and still and the same ... today, there is NO common ground. God help you, you RINO if your butt hangs over one side of the fence and your mug hangs over the other. We are an all-or-nothing society, and we are split 50-50 on EVERYTHING. We can tolerate each other's opinions for a short time if planes are crashed into tall buildings but that wanes quickly when there is political or economic gain to be made.

One of my favorite tests on any given issue that garners "national" attention. Hit as many (hate to use this term) REAL news sites as you can think of - broadcast, print, electronic - and compare the headlines and first paragraph lead to each other. You wonder if they're covering the same story - so here you have it, consumers of "news" gravitate toward whichever site is going to support their preconceived notion - said consumer largely doesn't care what the "other side" is saying and has no intention of being swayed by THEIR use of persuasive discourse, or, rhetoric if you will.

You know, it's never going to change - it's how we're built. The uber-wealthy v. the proletariat (in this sense, I refer to anyone who is NOT uber-wealthy - I do not have a marxist bone in my 37-year banker body so don't go there); and all the other sub-groups that can be categorized as opponents. It's what we do and it's been amplified over the last few decades - but has always been present.
Interesting points and takes on this current society that I tend to agree on mostly.

Since you mentioned politics and how divided we are I like to touch on another issue pertaining to this Covid debate and how related it is to politics. Let me introduce you to Kamala Harris and how she adamantly said she would not take Covid because she did not trust Trump but would take it if Fauci approved. That right there just shows you how sinister some of these politicians are that we are supposed to look up to to lead this country. Another interesting take on Aaron's interview is how he stated that the left flipped on their Covid vaccine stance once Biden became president. Another thing to ponder and tell you how divided we are. I know this will set off some raging debate about politics but it's all relevant.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, you are posing that question? Do you actually read, outside of this forum and even how well you do that, I question.
Perhaps can you elaborate and stop with these quips and attacks because you seem to be anger I called you and Swith out on your talking points about the "rules." Even though you two were on different subjects in regards to this issue but claim others didn't know what they were talking about. Go read my reply to Swith that I copied and posted some of your "oh so intelligent" replies to Realitybytez. LOL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Another interesting aspect of this hotly debated subject that seems to have been ignored is the efficacy of this vaccine. Has the media talked about if the drug is really working? NO...these companies claim that the effective rate is in the 90% but you have every Packer's players on that list who are vaccinated and also politicians who are adamant about taking this drug being tested positive too, as well as spreading it. If that doesn't raise red flags I don't know what will. What are odds of that? I guess we are supposed to be good sheep(no offense to those who are advocates of this vaccine) and just keep quiet and listen to the "experts?" And people wonder why there are questions concerning this vaccine.

There isn't a single vaccine in the world guaranteeing a person to not get infected with whatever disease it is adminstered against.

The purpose of it is to reduce the chances of that happening and to minimize the risk of falling seriously ill or dying.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts