To all MS bashers...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I don't agree w/ it, I acknowledge that due to S.O.Ps in the NFL, MS is likely done at the end of the year, however...

To anyone on here who is constantly ripping MS, at least be consistent so that if/when the Pack get a new coach, make sure that you....

-rip every single questionable play call in the game

-rip him a new one if a 4th and 1 doesn't work

-solely blame the HC for every single loss

-refer to him as a "fat ***"

- And while you're at it, make sure you don't leave out TT...so the next time he has a JJ signing, overpays for a DT that unexpectedly got really lazy after inking a big deal, or "could have selected Chris Chambers," make sure you get on here and start a thread that rips him apart.

All I'm asking for is consistency.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Although I don't agree w/ it, I acknowledge that due to S.O.Ps in the NFL, MS is likely done at the end of the year, however...

To anyone on here who is constantly ripping MS, at least be consistent so that if/when the Pack get a new coach, make sure that you....

-rip every single questionable play call in the game

-rip him a new one if a 4th and 1 doesn't work

-solely blame the HC for every single loss

-refer to him as a "fat ***"

- And while you're at it, make sure you don't leave out TT...so the next time he has a JJ signing, overpays for a DT that unexpectedly got really lazy after inking a big deal, or "could have selected Chris Chambers," make sure you get on here and start a thread that rips him apart.

All I'm asking for is consistency.

I can relate to what you're saying, i dont get trivial like this when it comes to bashing mike sherman...i look at the big picture...

there is a new packer team that is going to be on the way, young talent, we're gonna have a lot of high picks coming this april...mike sherman has been coaching a talented veteran team, and i dont think it is in the team's best interest to keep him around with our objectives having changed so quickly in the span of a few months

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I agree...I imagine TT is going to want to wipe the slate clean, and so be it. He's doing it w/ the roster, and although I don't agree, I can see why he'd do it w/ the HC.

Also, a lot of ppl on this board really like Cowher and Reid, but being from PA, I imagine that you hear a lot of the same criticism of them as you do of MS.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Also, a lot of ppl on this board really like Cowher and Reid, but being from PA, I imagine that you hear a lot of the same criticism of them as you do of MS.

who says cowher and reid are gonna be unemployed?

Andy Reid has two teriffic coordinators, but the eagles always come out ahead on turnovers, behind on penalties, and...ahead on the scoreboard...reid does something right

Cowher just has a certain energy, he gives the team such a personality, though i don't like pitt that much either, bill cowher's one of my favorite head coaches

I've voiced my support for Brad Childress, I want a new OC and head coach in here so that aaron rodgers doesnt get screwed up, mike sherman handling a rookie QB would be a DISASTER, right wrong or whatever, mike sherman is not a brilliant offensive mind

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on board with that mentality - seriously!

Whatever it was that was working in the 2nd quarter today - was turned off.

Why - I have no idea. But to not score at all in the second half...
Speaks volumes for "prevent football" -- I can't see it as anything other than that.

You do not sit on your laurels with a 17-0 score at halftime and then go into prevent mode..... Which is exactly what happened today. The Vikings made a shift at halftime, and Rossley couldn't figure it out - and Sherman should have over ruled him on several three & outs....

I'll say this - you watch the screen - when Sherman gets in over his head and that nervous twitch starts.... watch - that's when he starts scratchin, or rubbin' his forehead... It's also when he's busy on the radio with the upstairs booth and you-know-who.... consequently - nothing positive gets accomplished... it all goes stagnant.

Now - I've said it before - I like Mike Sherman. Does he deserve to go from TE Coach to HC? Uh... the answer is NO - He should have been tested as the OC, himself, for a few seasons first. I will never drink the white collar / blue collar kool-aid that he and Tom Rossley keep spewing on Cheeseheads for each and every game.

Even after we lost Ferguson (for the year?) - we were still in charge.. but after halftime - the whole focus of game planning went south, and in a hurry!

I would fire the OC, first thing in the morning - and FORCE Mike Sherman to figure it out, on Offense, all by his lonesome for the rest of the year.

Pending he still can't get it done, like Ford Field last year........ then he's gone, period.

I told you guys - this was a MUST-WIN for Mike Sherman....
To me (???) He let the OC blind his sorry *** and get in the way.
That second quarter was outstanding and all Mike Sherman and Packers Football at its finest.

Now - you tell me what happened after the half time break.....

I'm listenin'.....

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's not what I meant...I was just commenting on how the Packers aren't the only ones who's coaches are criticized and or make mistakes.

This comment isn't directed towards you, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't think that the next HC will be perfect or won't make the same mistakes MS does.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did hear one good statistic tonight.....

Listening to the fantasy football gurus on the radio...
Brett Favre lead the League - at least for now... amazing!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

During my draft everyone gave me crap about taking Brett. Who's laughing now with a 6 - 1 record :)

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

Yeah, Brett Favre has been amazing this year. It's the rest of the team, really, that's been a bit disappointing. I don't think there's any more Brett can do or that we could ask from him.

He leads the league in TDs now! Honestly, I was expecting him to get about 4 TDs yesterday.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Yeah, Brett Favre has been amazing this year. It's the rest of the team, really, that's been a bit disappointing. I don't think there's any more Brett can do or that we could ask from him.

if this team pulls a fast one on me and reaches 8-8/weasels out a wild card or the division, brett is going to win his fourth MVP trophy, it will take that kind of effort, games like yesterday, 300+ yards

team disapointing? javon walker's injury was just tough luck, if we have that additional target threat for brett, i guarantee at least two of our 4 close losses are wins

ahman green--dissapointing then hurt
najeh davenport--dissapointing then hurt

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the thing with us Mike Sherman bashers. Mike is proably the worlds nicest guy. He is however a lousy coach. Some of us understood the blunderous call in the Philly game a few years ago. 4th and 26 will linger on in many memories for years to come however. There have just been way to many of those types of blunderous calls in the past few years to accept them any longer. We have even accepted bad drafts, and have almost come to accept a team that plays without motivation. Many of us have to come to see this team as being one short on talent, mostly due to Mike Sherman the GM. I think many of us were willing to give him a chance to see if not being GM would change the results of his coaching. That hasn't happened. I worry when the fans can see things that the coaching staff can't see. I will give some examples. The punter can't hold for Longwell. It's an experiment that hasn't worked, drop it and find a new holder. The guard experiment is also a bust, it's time to try something new. Carroll cannot defend, it's time to play Thomas, Horton, Underwood, (or almost any other live body) It's time to look at your Buddy Rossely and realize what almost every fan knows, he isn't capable of running this offense. Turn the play calling over to Brett and notice the difference.

My point is that we bashers are simply tired of this. It's gone on long enough and it's time to make a change. Why not give Bates an on the job audition as head coach and see what he can do? This is a team that has proven that it isn't going to win under Mike Sherman. As good a guy as he might be, he's not head coaching material in Green Bay.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the last paragraph --- but your generalizations of why.. are off the mark.

To be clear - the Defense is starting to come together exactly along the timelines I figured.

Our Defense against the Vikings was outstanding - go look at how many hurries, sacks, or disrupted plays we had against them. Our Defense was in the Offensive backfield almost all day long. That is, until we started having a few injuries.. We lost (what) five guys, yesterday? Two elite players on Offense, in Green (out for the year) and Ferguson (out 2-4 weeks). IMO, the dirty tackling tricks used by the Vikings and holding non-calls, by the Officiating Team is what cost our Defense some good players, yesterday. Look for a RANTS & RAVES posting from me....

It was the Offense "play-calling" which hampered this Team against itself.
THAT's WHY WE NEED A CHANGE IN THE COACHING STAFF.

Back when it happened - I was all for Bonamego being the STC.
It's been, I think, three years now - and still we're not running the ball back, like we did in the mid-nineties.... It simply can't be THAT hard to learn how to project on Players what's necessary to cover and allow a long distance runback for a TD on a kickoff, or a punt.... it simply can't be.. and yet, year in & year out - our guys are planting themselves in harm's way and forced off coverage on a regular basis - THAT's a coaching issue... watching the film, but not seeing what to do... only re-hashing what went wrong... not how to correct it.

Bonamego needs to move along - 3 years is long enough

Since we've no longer got the kinmanship on the O-Line, those guys are 2nd quessing themselves and it shows.. but Beightol has worked miracles - and to his credit, the best QB in the League right now.. is none other than our own......Brett Favre.

So much for Mr. Expert - Michael Irvin.

This consistent "prevent-mode" mentality is exactly what's hampering our Team.
You simply do not (ever) hunker down to protect a lead in an NFL game.
When you have a team on its heels - you go for the jugular and you EMBARRASS the crap out of 'em - get 'em out for the count. PERIOD!

I tell ya, fans - it's starting to smell more & more like our Coaching Staff doesn't remember what it's like to have your eyes watered in a Bar room scuffle. Otherwise, the spirit of a fighter would have shown itself, back against Cleveland.

Fool me one time, shame on you.... Fool me twice - shame on me!

Sure, in public, a lot of guys would step back and walk away - it has everything to do with the Law and getting sued, etc. But, this is the NFL - not to worry about such stuff.

You people tell me - "What the he||'s goin' on out there?"

The squandering of a talent, like Brett Favre, has gone on long enough.
Taking the ball out of Favre's hands near the end of the game like that....
Spoke volumes of an agenda - they're gonna have to prove me wrong - hardcore!
Someone, in the Press, needs to put the proper question to the Coaching Staff.

By that, I mean.. to every Coach there is on the Offense. Except, Larry Beightol.

This animosity which is almost palpable between the QB and the OC - needs to stop.
(more like coming from one source - the OC - and, not the other way around)
While we read reports about Rossley and Favre getting along - Rossley is a poor demonstrator of that fact. To date, I don't think I've ever seen the two - together - on the field, during a game! Let alone, anywhere else.. it's always been (like) Rossley went to Favre's house down in Mississippi... or whatever.

I simply do not like it - with my Club, I'm the first to lead by example....
Rossley needs to do the same - or GET OUT - for the good of the Team!

Certainly, this is just one packerfan's opinion....
You people - argue me out of it.....

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts