1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thoughts on Randall Cobb?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Dec 4, 2011.

1. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    No matter what, there are going to be some tough decisions to be made by the end of August.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah some heartbreakers for sure.
    As long as they are MMs decisons to make, and not forces due to a bad injury before end of August, we can live with them.
    I want a remarkable injury-free season. After losing Collins forever, I think we're deserved of that.
  3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +617 / 6 / -0
    Slightly off topic, but this makes me think about poor Joe Philbin down in Miami and all the "football decisions" that have been thrust on him.
  4. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211 / 7 / -2
    But he has OchoCino now all worries are gone in Miami ;)

As far as Randal Cobb goes, I still think his biggest contribution to the team this year will be on special teams. Give Rodgers and Co. the ball in favorable field positions and more often that not you are going to have good results. As far as his offensive production I can't help but thinking that there is only 1 football, Rodgers throws the ball around pretty well, but there are already 3 receiving threats on the team that are better targets than Cobb IMO. Also, dont forget the Packers really like lining up Greg Jennings inside, which could cut into Cobbs possible snap count limiting him to the 4+ receiver packages.
  5. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54 / 5 / -1
    So in your opinion, Driver and/or Jones is/are better receiving threats than Cobb? I'm not criticizing, and last year that likely was the case. I don't think it will be this year, though. Cobb is by far a more explosive player than either of those guys with the ball in his hands and he seems to have reliable hands. Now that he should have a solid grip on the offense, I just don't see how Jones or Driver is more of a threat than Cobb, especially Driver. If so, it would only be due to experience, which won't be much of a factor as Cobb continues to learn over the next year or so.
  6. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211 / 7 / -2
    No, Jennings, Jordy, Finley were the three I was referring to. Probably should have clarified.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54 / 5 / -1
    Ah, well, you're right. I was thinking specifically about WR's, but yeah, I can't argue with that.