Thoughts on Randall Cobb?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love Dale Moss but he's a little green yet to be expecting anything from him so soon, IMO. Love him in a year or two though....
Gurley is ready now though.

No matter what, there are going to be some tough decisions to be made by the end of August.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No matter what, there are going to be some tough decisions to be made by the end of August.
Yeah some heartbreakers for sure.
As long as they are MMs decisons to make, and not forces due to a bad injury before end of August, we can live with them.
I want a remarkable injury-free season. After losing Collins forever, I think we're deserved of that.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but this makes me think about poor Joe Philbin down in Miami and all the "football decisions" that have been thrust on him.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but this makes me think about poor Joe Philbin down in Miami and all the "football decisions" that have been thrust on him.
But he has OchoCino now all worries are gone in Miami ;)

As far as Randal Cobb goes, I still think his biggest contribution to the team this year will be on special teams. Give Rodgers and Co. the ball in favorable field positions and more often that not you are going to have good results. As far as his offensive production I can't help but thinking that there is only 1 football, Rodgers throws the ball around pretty well, but there are already 3 receiving threats on the team that are better targets than Cobb IMO. Also, dont forget the Packers really like lining up Greg Jennings inside, which could cut into Cobbs possible snap count limiting him to the 4+ receiver packages.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
But he has OchoCino now all worries are gone in Miami ;)

As far as Randal Cobb goes, I still think his biggest contribution to the team this year will be on special teams. Give Rodgers and Co. the ball in favorable field positions and more often that not you are going to have good results. As far as his offensive production I can't help but thinking that there is only 1 football, Rodgers throws the ball around pretty well, but there are already 3 receiving threats on the team that are better targets than Cobb IMO. Also, dont forget the Packers really like lining up Greg Jennings inside, which could cut into Cobbs possible snap count limiting him to the 4+ receiver packages.

So in your opinion, Driver and/or Jones is/are better receiving threats than Cobb? I'm not criticizing, and last year that likely was the case. I don't think it will be this year, though. Cobb is by far a more explosive player than either of those guys with the ball in his hands and he seems to have reliable hands. Now that he should have a solid grip on the offense, I just don't see how Jones or Driver is more of a threat than Cobb, especially Driver. If so, it would only be due to experience, which won't be much of a factor as Cobb continues to learn over the next year or so.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in your opinion, Driver and/or Jones is/are better receiving threats than Cobb? I'm not criticizing, and last year that likely was the case. I don't think it will be this year, though. Cobb is by far a more explosive player than either of those guys with the ball in his hands and he seems to have reliable hands. Now that he should have a solid grip on the offense, I just don't see how Jones or Driver is more of a threat than Cobb, especially Driver. If so, it would only be due to experience, which won't be much of a factor as Cobb continues to learn over the next year or so.
No, Jennings, Jordy, Finley were the three I was referring to. Probably should have clarified.

Members online

Latest posts