1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Thoughts on Randall Cobb?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Marem19

Marem19 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I think he has a bright future especially under donald and Greg I see him with his speed being a serious deep threat ala desean jackson
  2. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +808 / 15 / -5
    We have added another stallion to a stable full of stallions. Now I hope we turn our attention back to the Budweiser type horses.
  3. Fazeman

Fazeman Setting The Pace

Ratings:
    +20 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Randall Cobb is yet another recruit in a long string of Ted Thompson-like low profile rookie acquisitions. One only has to read his history at http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Randall-Cobb/73b39eef-a7a8-4155-a341-c5f02b501345 to get a good idea as to what he will do for this team. Cobb's confidence in his own ability, his physical downhill play and sheer determination reminds me a lot of Ahman Green. Hey, and we're talking about a special teams return man and receiver.
  4. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Seems like a great kid. He's learning the game and he's making mistakes like everyone but the plays from him have come at great times.
  5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,321 / 51 / -15
    He had a good day today agains the Raiders.
  6. JASIII

JASIII Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'd have to say that Cobb has looked more promising in his rookie year thus far than Jordy, DD or James Jones did in theirs. In fact the only Packer WR currently on the roster who I'd say flashed more potential as a rookie is Jennings. I think by next season the WR depth chart will look like this:
    Jennings
    Nelson
    Cobb
    Jones/DD (if he's still around)
  7. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    He's continuing to make poor decisions returning punts and kickoffs. He's a talent for sure but he drives me crazy sometimes.
  8. Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23 Repeat?

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    When was the mistake your talking about?
  9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,321 / 51 / -15
    Some here thinks he will replace Donald Driver.
    Right now Cobb is our best kick returner.
    I don't think he should replace Donald Driver until another KR just as good is found.
    Unless he can do both.
  10. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    Typical rookie mistakes. No big deal and he doesn't make them very often.
  11. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    Why couldn't he? He's too dynamic to use strictly as a returner. He has good hands and has big play potential every time he touches the ball.
  12. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +162 / 5 / -1
    I didn't realize we had gotten rid of Blackmon until I saw him playing for the Giants when we played them.
  13. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +162 / 5 / -1
    People in Chicago sports have this discussion all the time regarding Hester. Some think he should be a returner exclusively and some think he has a place as a receiver as well. Not sure how I feel about him or Cobb. Granted, Hester is a better returner than Cobb and Cobb is probably a better receiver so it's a little different.
  14. JASIII

JASIII Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Cobb is a better WR than Hester by FAR. Hester's not even really truly a quality WR by NFL standards IMO. Hester's skill set for a complete WR isn't there. I don't see why Cobb can't return and play WR
  15. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    Handled a ball inside the 10 that would have gone into end zone last game.
  16. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I also think he has a bright future, but I don't know about him being that kind of a deep threat. He's fast for sure, but I think it's more quickness than down the field speed. I think he'll be an excellent slot receiver more than anything.
  17. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    He has made a number of them this season including a fumble or two. At some point you can't excuse them as rookie mistakes. He does after all have 13 games under his belt. He needs to take a knee more. Look I'm not down on Cobb but I don't like his decision making at times.
  18. Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23 Repeat?

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    And then he let one bounce inside the 10 that landed at the one. SO what do u prefer him to do?
  19. Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23 Repeat?

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I thought the Fumbles was his mistakes
  20. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445 / 15 / -5
    I had read in several reports that he was told to down it that they needed the time.
    Also Rodgers admitted in an interview that was why he was smiling. He said that Randall ran the wrong route.

I remember how excited I was watching his highlight reels from college when they drafted him. I don't mind the drops or the rookie mistakes. I think this guy is the missing link. He's the threat the Packers haven't had for as long as I can remember. He can run as a 3rd down back, QB on wildcat, screen monster and how about him as the receiver on one of those quick outs when the CB plays off him in zone. The guy is shifty and fast and elusive. An absolute backbreaker for opponents.
    I don't see him as a primary receiver right now but as the Packers rely so heavily on YAC you can't ask for a better fit.
    Anything he provides as a returner is gravy as far as I'm concerned.
    I get pumped with draft picks, especially early ones by TT. Mike Neal I'm not convinced he won't be dominating in time. I loved Pat Lee (I know, but he sure looked good on paper) and some others. But man, this guy seems to be the real deal.
    This team is STACKED so get used to several years of championships football. The backups on this team would be starting somewhere else.
  21. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    The coaches will teach you to let the ball go inside the 10. The percentages are it will go in the end zone.
  22. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    Look, I don't know why some people want to create a problem where none exists. Randall Cobb is NOT a problem. For cripes sakes our return game is as good as it's been in 10 years. You can't expect perfection from anyone. Cobb is a kid who loves to make plays returning the ball and I'll take a guy who maybe tries to return it when he shouldn't than one who calls for fair catches any time a defender is within 15 yards.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +808 / 15 / -5
    We are going to get to see a lot more of Cobb the next couple of weeks. I think this is going to be good. I like this kid A lot
  24. Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23 Repeat?

Ratings:
    +15 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    If there’s one element of intrigue surrounding Jennings’ absence it’s rookieRandall Cobb[​IMG]. Part of the receiving rotation on offense throughout the year, Cobb has shown considerable explosiveness, averaging 15.8 yards on his 19 catches.
    An increased role for a few weeks could make Cobb even more prepared to produce in the playoffs. His lone pro TD came in the opener when he ran the wrong route, but he said he’s come a long way since then.
    “I don’t think I’ve had a missed assignment in probably the last eight weeks,” Cobb said. “I think those have diminished. As far as being a rookie, if I still have a college mindset, we’ve already played my freshman year, so this is the start of the second year for me.”
    • Like Like x 1
  25. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Cobb will be a star in the league.
    • Like Like x 1