This is a much better team

Reaction score
The difference between pyle and p@ck66 is that pyle is rational, and he will admit to it when he is wrong.

Heck I agree on things with pyle, and ultimately I don't question him as a Pack fan because he has the ability (no matter how small) to be optimistic. He speaks with logic, something 66 never did. Above all else, he still hasn't publicly threatened to kill trom yet. :lol:

However, pyle I think you can understand where I'm coming from when I say "I hope you eat your words". Heck I think you'd gladly do that, because we as Packer fans would love to be wrong about things we think are negative if it helps the Pack win games. I couldn't say that about 66.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I also saw him bring in guys like O'Dwyer, Thompson, Little, etc. Now the excuse makers will say we had no money but that's lame.

I want to live in your fantasy world where money doesn't matter. I'd like to go into a gas station and get 30 dollars of gas for five bucks, and when the clerk(aadp) says that its actually 30 bucks, I will tell him that thats a lame excuse.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
I also saw him bring in guys like O'Dwyer, Thompson, Little, etc. Now the excuse makers will say we had no money but that's lame.

I want to live in your fantasy world where money doesn't matter. I'd like to go into a gas station and get 30 dollars of gas for five bucks, and when the clerk(aadp) says that its actually 30 bucks, I will tell him that thats a lame excuse.

No Trom, If you needed 30.00 in gas to get home you could have counted change in your car, asked a few people to borrow a few bucks, *. Whatever the case you would be home alot sooner than what you would be if you had to walk. Unfortunately like TT, you could not get creative or think outside of the box so you were stuck hiking for in the heat whining "I had no money" the whole way home. Your lack of creativeness prevented you from reaching your goal in a reasonable time. That's exactly what TT is doing with this team. Thanks for the analogy, it was right on!

* Edited by AADP - lets keep this realistic and appropriate.

Reaction score
pyle, mind me asking if you could give specific examples of TT getting creative, as opposed to analogy?

Personally, the only thing that comes to mind, in an analogy format is to drive away without paying for the gas. (In Canada, you pay for the gas after you pump it).

What that would mean is that TT try to cut deals under the table with Whale in order to keep him, sort of like what the Broncos did. The question is that would it be worth risking a third rounder, maybe even second or first for? IMO, it IS worth risking a third rounder to keep a G who is just entering his prime.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like to walk home sometimes when my idiot friends are so desperate for ****** they'll go to ridiculous lengths to extend the night. "Screw you guys, I'm...going...home". Someone did say something about having to walk, or something...right? :p

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom can say what he wants AADP. You don't have delete his posts on my account.

As to the answer to the question. Last year we were 7-3. Of those 3 losses all 3 were due to boneheads moves by myself. One game we had the ball at the 3 down by six and I tried 4 consecutive passes which was admittedly stupid considering we drove the ball 79 yards on the ground that drive.

The other game we were ahead 28-24 with a little over a minute left. We had the game wrapped up but they had timeouts left and I didn't want to give them the ball back on a punt because they had already returned one for a TD and moved the ball consistently all game. So I tried to trick em and throw a screen on first down which resulted in the DE intercepting it and returning it 40+ yards for a TD. Should have punted it out of bounds if need be.

The last loss was a 6-0 defensive game the last game of the year. It was all defense but there RB broke a 70 yard run right before halftime and we just couldn't move the ball the whole game.

I get excited just talking about it, sorry guys, it's my passion. I encourage everyone who has ever thought about coaching to get involved any way you can. It's as nerve-wrecking as can be but in the end it's so rewarding. I live for the adrenaline rush that I feel{but keep well hidden} everytime the team is announced and run onto the field ready to go to war. The schedule is grueling, and it's 100 times harder than you will ever imagine but I couldn't do anything else.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
pyle, mind me asking if you could give specific examples of TT getting creative, as opposed to analogy?

Personally, the only thing that comes to mind, in an analogy format is to drive away without paying for the gas. (In Canada, you pay for the gas after you pump it).

What that would mean is that TT try to cut deals under the table with Whale in order to keep him, sort of like what the Broncos did. The question is that would it be worth risking a third rounder, maybe even second or first for? IMO, it IS worth risking a third rounder to keep a G who is just entering his prime.

Personally I would have gave up a 2nd rounder in that scenario if need be. I mean TT would have traded that 2nd away anyhow and then traded those picks 20 more times and we would end up with 112 7th round picks. Then one would pan out and he'd be a genuis to some.

I think if we had a line this year or even something close to one we would at least makethe playoffs and after that who knows?

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Trom can say what he wants AADP. You don't have delete his posts on my account.

As to the answer to the question. Last year we were 7-3. Of those 3 losses all 3 were due to boneheads moves by myself. One game we had the ball at the 3 down by six and I tried 4 consecutive passes which was admittedly stupid considering we drove the ball 79 yards on the ground that drive.

The other game we were ahead 28-24 with a little over a minute left. We had the game wrapped up but they had timeouts left and I didn't want to give them the ball back on a punt because they had already returned one for a TD and moved the ball consistently all game. So I tried to trick em and throw a screen on first down which resulted in the DE intercepting it and returning it 40+ yards for a TD. Should have punted it out of bounds if need be.

The last loss was a 6-0 defensive game the last game of the year. It was all defense but there RB broke a 70 yard run right before halftime and we just couldn't move the ball the whole game.

I get excited just talking about it, sorry guys, it's my passion. I encourage everyone who has ever thought about coaching to get involved any way you can. It's as nerve-wrecking as can be but in the end it's so rewarding. I live for the adrenaline rush that I feel{but keep well hidden} everytime the team is announced and run onto the field ready to go to war. The schedule is grueling, and it's 100 times harder than you will ever imagine but I couldn't do anything else.

I've coached a few years of youth lacrosse, but I don't really see myself carrying on with it. It's definitely rewarding, yes, but I can never shake the helpless feeling of not actually being on the floor helping. This is while I play on a team of my own as well. I just can't get passed not being able to help "first hand" and it kinda ruins it for me.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Count me in among those who think forfeiting any non round 1 pick due to some shady dealings would have been worth it to keep a guy like Wahle. Sure, his career could be a little shorter than the 2nd rounder's since he's already "in his prime", but then you see that a 2nd rounder can just as easily be out of football before game 6(T-Murph), and yeah.

Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah the packers shoulda resorted to cheating. great idea...

Like other teams don't.

TT himself actually went and contacted Manuel's agent earlier than the start of FA, heck he even had a deal in place before the start of FA.

Ditto for a lot of other teams out there and the players they signed.

I wouldn't be surprised if "under the table" money is used on a lot of deals, with one of the teams being the Colts, since they should be really cash strapped.

Heck, it's only cheating if you get caught. :wink:

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said I'd go to sleep feeling all pure and virginal if I was the team doing that, but it's a business, and business' don't always follow the rules to the letter of the law if it's more beneficial to not do so.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah lets just sell the Packers to Eddie Debartelo so he can hire Carmen Policy to run us into the ground, we may get some hardware, we may not. The salary cap along with revenue sharing was put into place to allow the small market teams to have an even playing field with the big market teams. Now some of you condone cheating this very system.

Really boys, Wow!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Just out of curiosity pyle...what do you like about this current Packers team, if anything? I know you call it the way you see it, so I would be interested in hearing your take on what's going well at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

pyledriver80 said:
Thats a good question ND. I do worry that people will precieve me as something other than a Packers fan, which is simply not true. I love my Pack. I live Packer Football, or Football in general. I just can't paint everything as rosey like others can.

I like some individual players. Driver is a professional in every sense. Brett's a guy that just loves the game and has such an amazing passion.

But I know what you are getting at, so I will address it. I do resent the people in charge of this franchise and think that they are leading us right back into the 80's all over again. I am not optimistic, sorry. I understand that some of you guys may be but I just can't figure out the logic. I see people focusing on TT's rebuilding of the defense, but yet they never acknowledge how he has ignored this line and the offense in general.

The O-Line is such a vital part of a football team. I know it's hard for some people to understand because these guys never get the publicity. I see people that think TT has addressed the line JUST BECAUSE he has brought in bodies. We had bodies last year and how did that pan out. These guys were stating the same thing going into last year, The O-Line is fine because we have players there. This was a spot TT could and SHOULD have addressed. The basic lack of caring about the most important part of our offense was enough to turned me against him alone.

I also saw him bring in guys like O'Dwyer, Thompson, Little, etc. Now the excuse makers will say we had no money but that's lame. If I only have 10 bucks to my name and I buy Crack with it while I ignore my families needs, is that OK? I could have spent that money on Bread and Macaroni and Cheese. Is it Prime Rib, of course not, but it's food to help my family through a rough time, and sure better than the Crack I brought.

We have plenty of good LB's but where the hell is our Kicker? Oh that's right TT was out of town. Javon wanted out and TT caved, setting a terrible example for the future. We have a coach who was the leader of a terrible offense last year. We have a coach who talks about "changing the attitude in GB" and then makes excuses for guys not showing up for OTA's. Who hired that coach?

It's hard for me to find anything positive about this team when the guy in charge fails in so many ways.

I like our RB's but sadly they will have no where to run. I like the young talent at the WR spot, but rebuilding an O-Line and a WR group at the same time is a recipe for disaster. Good luck throwing the ball to Rookie WR's in 3.2 seconds Brett.

I like the Defense as a whole outside of the D-Line which TT did improve by adding Pickett. KGB is still a liability against the run and who knows who will win the other Tackle spot. The LB's should be great. Barnett still frustrates me at time but thats part of being a playmaker at the MIKE spot. Taylor is the perfect fit for the SAM with guys like Barnett and AJ. The Woodson signing was about 3-4 years to late. The guy is awalking injury and has been a cancer in the past. He if healthy is an upgrade over Carroll though that logic is flawed. Either Commit to Carroll or cut and run. I think Carroll will turn out to be a solid corner though it may not be in GB. The Safeties look good to me but lack depth.

The Special Teams are a disaster and was completely ignored by TT. Again it just seems like a lack of details. This negligence will cost GB at least 1-2 games this year.

It's not a terrible team overall IMO, but the lack of focus on the details will strap this team this year. Hey, you asked for it.

You're right...I did ask for it. Thanks for the response as it lets me in on your take overall of this team. I respect your opinion even though I don't agree. What I was really looking for was what approach you would take to my post...the P@ck66 approach or a different one. I'm pleasantly surprised to find out that you're not just a flaming jacka$$ and do want the team to do well. I can live with that. Thanks again.

Reaction score
DakotaT said:
The salary cap along with revenue sharing was put into place to allow the small market teams to have an even playing field with the big market teams. Now some of you condone cheating this very system.

Really boys, Wow!

However, if certain teams are doing, does that not also qualify as cheating? Not to mention the "tampering" charges that never seem to get called before FA. Ultimately, if the teams think they can resign the players to make them win, then why should the Packers sit back, and let the other teams get upper hands yet again?

I'm not condoning cheating, I just think that in certain situation, I can understand if it was done, especially if the same is going on elsewhere in the league.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyle i just dont understand the pessimistic attitude.

i cant see equating this management to the management of the 80's by any stretch of the imagination

and you cant win it every year. jeez greedy bastards.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic's got a point.

I doubt this'll be as bad as '80.

Thanks God I wasn't born then.

But I stil think this year won't be as great as many expect, slightly over .500 is what I'm sticking with.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
DakotaT said:
The salary cap along with revenue sharing was put into place to allow the small market teams to have an even playing field with the big market teams. Now some of you condone cheating this very system.

Really boys, Wow!

However, if certain teams are doing, does that not also qualify as cheating? Not to mention the "tampering" charges that never seem to get called before FA. Ultimately, if the teams think they can resign the players to make them win, then why should the Packers sit back, and let the other teams get upper hands yet again?

I'm not condoning cheating, I just think that in certain situation, I can understand if it was done, especially if the same is going on elsewhere in the league.

Since we live in a world where right and wrong is all muttled anyway, I can understand this line of thinking. But I like to think of our team as better than that.