This is a much better team

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding me......Didn't Cory Rodgers get arrested recently outside a club?

TT brought in Woodson who is regarded asoneofthe laziest players in the NFL.

Get your facts straight. You look ignorant when you don't.

A-Rod - Has not had a chance yet to show anything.
Collins - Did Contribute
Underwood - Continues to Struggle.
Murphy - Done, did nothing
Poppinga - Injured
Coston - Nothing, still struggling.
Hawkins - Could be a goner
Mike Montgomery - Can't get on the field
Bragg - gone
Campbell - Nothing
Whittacker - was awful last year

WHERE ARE ALL THE FOOTBALL PLAYERS YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT - PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE TELL ME.

Who out of that group is going to be great outside of Collins?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyle....are your pyles flairing up again...you seem rather testy.

Where did I claim these players will all be "great". I said they are credentialed players...multi- years of high production in college, national/conference/team recognition, etc.

Do you comprehend when you read, or do you just look at the words with a quizzical expression on your face?

Yeah....we get it...all potential and little production. Pretty typical of most 1st and 2nd year players. But look at their credentials coming out of COLLEGE...that is what I am talking about here. We know not how these players will turn out. Surely some will succeed and some will flop. But coming in, TT's drafts have a much more solid set of "football credentials" than any draft with MS.

The fact that you choose to label someone with whom you disagree as "ignorant" really says more about you than anything.

Collins - No need to speak because even you recognize his success.

Underwood - Massive improvement over last year.

Montgomery - Flashes every time he hits the field. Should have a nice career.

Rodgers - Receiving nothing but praise this year....much improvement in mental and physical aspects of his game.

Poppinga - When healthy, a special teams demon who has also shown potential as a LB/situational rusher late last season.

Hawk - No need to say anything.

Colledge - Will start first year and has all the tools to excel.

Jennings - Will start first year and has all the tools to excel.

Spitz - Mean and nasty with great hands and feet...will start first year.

Abdul Hodge - The camp reports speak for themselves.

Rodgers- Lets see if his return skills show.

If you are so blind as to the difference in the type of players TT is bringing in from that of MS...you are willfully blind.

Now...pull the cork out of your *** and play nice. I disagree with a lot of your stupid tripe, but I refuse to call you "ignorant" for the fact I disagree with you.

Do you treat people like this in person, or do you only sprout nads with the anonymity and safety of the internet working for you??

You sure are one personable little ****...social graces seriously lacking!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personal Attacks run rampant again from digs.

Nowhere did I call you ignorant digs. I stated that by saying something that the facts clearly state otherwise, you look Ignorant. You stated TT drafts guys with Leadership Skills and I stated Rodgers was arrested, thus making your statement Ignorant.

It wasn't an attack on you so chill out. Is this 3rd grade?

Now on to the debate. Again please do not give credit to TT for this years class as they have not shown anything. You named 5 guys from last year in your response

Collins - No need to speak because even you recognize his success.

Agreed

Underwood - Massive improvement over last year.

This is where you lose me. Improvement? Where? I watched the scrimmage and outside of the gift Int he was handed he was continually out of position and late.

Montgomery - Flashes every time he hits the field. Should have a nice career.

Are you kidding me? This guy will likely be out of Football in a year or 2. He had 20 tackles and 1 sack last year. So did 500 other DL last year.

Rodgers - Receiving nothing but praise this year....much improvement in mental and physical aspects of his game.

Nothing but praise? I am rooting for the guy but I have heard many people who are concerned about his game.

Poppinga - When healthy, a special teams demon who has also shown potential as a LB/situational rusher late last season.

So TT drafted a Special Teams Demon, Oh boy. Why didn't he draft an O-lineman that was capable of blocking instead of this so-called Special Teams Demon. Look more like a PUP LIST DEMON.

Where are Bragg, Campbell,Hawkins, Murphy etc........oh I know......Murphy was going to be the next Jerry Rice......Lol.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all fairness, it should be noted that the main reason TT was in a position to add all the talent this year is because he built a 4-12 team last year.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
In all fairness, it should be noted that the main reason TT was in a position to add all the talent this year is because he built a 4-12 team last year.

Great Point Lare

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really cracks me up to see someone try to shred TT for his draft moves and back up MS at the same time.

Let's see. We have (drum roll please)....TWO starters from MS drafts.

I submit to you that ANYONE on this board given the responsibility to draft players over that many years could do better than that.

Done nothing? Ditto? We're talking about rookies before they have had a chance to play a game.

BRIAN URLACHER has done absolutely nothing so far this year. The GM responsible for this should be fired!

Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:

Great Point Lare

I would disagree to an extent.

TT built a team last year, but the team he built was devistated by injuries. I don't think anyone expected so many injuries.

Secondly, he made tough decisions last year to get rid of Hunt and Sharper, not resign Whale and Rivera. He did it with an eye to the future, so he would have more cap flexibility this year to go out and get players.

TT knew he needed to restore the depth of this team first, re-establish the foundation before he could go out to get the FA pickups that would be good.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know pyle...you just don't get it. For the third and LAST time....TTs players have significantly better college credentials, across the board, than previous. Does my statement include EVERY PLAYER TAKEN? No. But generally speaking, the credentials these kids bring are much more significant that antything we have seen recently.

That is what I said. Did I say they will all be superstars? No, I did not. Did I say that their exceptional credentials give them a better chance to succeed, Yes, I did. Did I say these guys bring better fundamentals to the team,? I sure did.

I am very familiar with the meaning of the word ignorant. And while the word itself is not something to get ones hackles up over, your assertion that I speak from ignorance is. There is plenty I am ignorant about...Packer football is not one of them. You could have just as easily said, " I completely disagree with you because......", but you chose to imply ignorance on my part, which in and of itself implies some unwarranted sense of superiority on your part.

Words have meaning and consequence....most grown ups have figured this out. Seriously, do you treat people like this in person? If not, why do you choose to do so on the internet.

And, to answer your question...this is NOT third grade...so keep your school yard name calling out of this forum.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:

Great Point Lare

TT built a team last year, but the team he built was devistated by injuries. I don't think anyone expected so many injuries.

Secondly, he made tough decisions last year to get rid of Hunt and Sharper, not resign Whale and Rivera. He did it with an eye to the future, so he would have more cap flexibility this year to go out and get players.

As to your first point, I will also disagree to an extent. While I'm sure the injuries played a part in their overall record, I'm not sure it would have been that much better even without all the injuries. You win and lose in the NFL on the line of scrimmage. I don't remember any injuries causing the problems they had there.

And your second point agrees with my point. Yes, TT made decisions last year that he felt would be better for the future. But they had a significant affect on their final record.

Reaction score
Lare said:
As to your first point, I will also disagree to an extent. While I'm sure the injuries played a part in their overall record, I'm not sure it would have been that much better even without all the injuries. You win and lose in the NFL on the line of scrimmage. I don't remember any injuries causing the problems they had there.

And your second point agrees with my point. Yes, TT made decisions last year that he felt would be better for the future. But they had a significant affect on their final record.

Hm, well I would say that TT relied heavily on Green/Walker/Franks to be the playmakers on O, and that backfired. Above all else, I would say TT wanted to give the depth a shot in the arm, and that is what he did with his drafting. If he had known that we would be injured left, right, and centre, I think he would have tried to get more "NFL ready" rookies, if that was possible. He got rookies that will need time to develop, but they have a ton of potential.

I'm not sure how much of an effect his decisions with respect to Sharper and Hunt effected the season. Hunt was lazy, and nothing in TC proved otherwise. Sharper was someone who valued himself too highly, and he needed other good players around him to look great. Not sure how much of a difference he would have made. As for Whale and Rivera, not enough $$$. I would say TT played to his strengths given the extermely tight position he came into. This year he had more flexibility, and I think we saw the fruits of that.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with TTs relying on Franks last year is the fact that MS/TR completely ignored the TEs as part of the offense for a couple years. I am rather excited by the potential of Franks, Lee and....Zac Alcorn....and the impact they will have on our offense.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G0dLivesInGreenBay said:
This is a much better team than last year's team.

Everything points to that...
1. Farve is more a discplined thrower
2. Rodger has really improved
3. The linebacking core is much better
4. Ted Thompson is doing an excellent job as GM drafting and bringing the right free agents
5. CBs are much improved
6. McCarthy is doing a better job than Sherman at coaching
7. The rookies look great esp Hodges and Jennings
8. The talent and athletic ability is much better
9. Seems like all the players are buzzing

I see the Packers competing with the Bears for the Division title. The only thing I don't like is the name of this website. It's "Packers" not "Packer".

/wrong.

Buddy, they won;t be competing with the bears for the title, maybe next year, this year they'll just barely go over .500.

Atleast that's my prediction.

Favre... never had anything wrong with him, it was the line...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:

Great Point Lare

TT knew he needed to restore the depth of this team first, re-establish the foundation before he could go out to get the FA pickups that would be good.

Congratulations. Someone that truly get's it. Teams with no depth lose down the stretch. Period.
build a core- The engine
add depth- fuel (it's a long race)
tweak- final touches to get you across the finish line first.

Doesn't make much sense to tweak an enging that's got no gas!

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:

Great Point Lare

Congratulations. Someone that truly get's it. Teams with no depth lose down the stretch. Period.
build a core- The engine
add depth- fuel (it's a long race)
tweak- final touches to get you across the finish line first.

Doesn't make much sense to tweak an enging that's got no gas!

Unless it's solar powered.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:

Great Point Lare

yeah they had a very good team and had a lot of talent but everything soon fell apart.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Think before I post? Maybe you should go back a review what you just posted.

You stated a bunch of players that TT drafted who you are glorifying on potential alone. Lets do a simple review on who you are giving TT such a high grade for.

A-Rod - Pretty sure he's not done anything yet.
Ingle Martin - A Rookie who is struggling.
Jennings - Another Rookie
T-Murph - PLEASE stop with the T-Murph was going to be great stuff. Based on what? His 5 career NFL receptions?
Montgomery - He barely saw the field. A whopping 20 tackles is hardly a contribution
Collins - The 1 Player that he actuaaly deserves credit for
Poppinga - Nothing special from him thus far
Colledge - What's he done
Spitz - Dittio
Moll - Ditto
Manning - Has done nothing
Hawk - Same Thing
Hodge - Same thing

So, just because they are on the roster and yet to show anything we can pat TT on the back for his drafting of POTENTIAL. You could go into every year in the Sherman Era stating OUR TEAM IS FULL OF POTENTIAL. Until these guys show anything they are only that. TT could have drafted Porky Pig and Bugs Bunny and you guys would state "TT drafted guys with potential" - NO shiit THEY HAVE POTENTIAL but so do all the other guys drafted in the draft. So based on your theory every NFL GM is a rocket scientist at this time. It's an ignorant argument.

I think you missed my point...Thompson went out and addressed our two biggest areas of need the best way he could...and not just by patching holes with one body...we are very deep at OL and LB...the competition for spots on these units are leading to solid battles in training camp...guys like Colledge, Spitz, Moll, Coston are competing for the guard spots...and Hawk, Hodge, Ben Taylor, Poppinga are competing to start aside of Nick Barnett...

I didn't say Thopmson solved the problem, but he's taking the best route to doing so...If you want him to do something outlandish like re-acquire Wahle and Rivera, you'll be dissapointed...but I think Thompson's attempt at rebuilding this team both running the ball and against the run could leave us all pleasantly surprised

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever, you are going to see things the way you HOPE it turns out instead of the way it is and I am fine with that. I just choose to see things the way they are.

It's really hard to understand what you are saying. I keep hearing you say TT drafts Football Players yet outside of Collins you admittedly stated that these guys are not Pro Bowl type guys. Where are the Football players from 2005? Please tell me, Please.

You won't because you can't. You will now revert back to this years draft and talk about Potential. Sure Hawk has potential but we only got Hawk basically because TT failed to address the O-line last year because "OG's are not important".

Furthermore you must have failed to read my reply. I called you on an ignorant statement, and never ONCE called you yourself ignorant. Perhaps I used the wrong word. The right one would have been hypocritical. You stated TT drafts leaders and I simply pointed out that he drafted Cory Rodgers who was arrested. It's a hypocritical statement and I called you on it......then you went Bonkers.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Whatever, you are going to see things the way you HOPE it turns out instead of the way it is and I am fine with that. I just choose to see things the way they are.

It's really hard to understand what you are saying. I keep hearing you say TT drafts Football Players yet outside of Collins you admittedly stated that these guys are not Pro Bowl type guys. Where are the Football players from 2005? Please tell me, Please.

You won't because you can't. You will now revert back to this years draft and talk about Potential. Sure Hawk has potential but we only got Hawk basically because TT failed to address the O-line last year because "OG's are not important".

Furthermore you must have failed to read my reply. I called you on an ignorant statement, and never ONCE called you yourself ignorant. Perhaps I used the wrong word. The right one would have been hypocritical. You stated TT drafts leaders and I simply pointed out that he drafted Cory Rodgers who was arrested. It's a hypocritical statement and I called you on it......then you went Bonkers.

Just out of curiosity pyle...what do you like about this current Packers team, if anything? I know you call it the way you see it, so I would be interested in hearing your take on what's going well at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
pyledriver80 said:

Just out of curiosity pyle...what do you like about this current Packers team, if anything? I know you call it the way you see it, so I would be interested in hearing your take on what's going well at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

Thats a good question ND. I do worry that people will precieve me as something other than a Packers fan, which is simply not true. I love my Pack. I live Packer Football, or Football in general. I just can't paint everything as rosey like others can.

I like some individual players. Driver is a professional in every sense. Brett's a guy that just loves the game and has such an amazing passion.

But I know what you are getting at, so I will address it. I do resent the people in charge of this franchise and think that they are leading us right back into the 80's all over again. I am not optimistic, sorry. I understand that some of you guys may be but I just can't figure out the logic. I see people focusing on TT's rebuilding of the defense, but yet they never acknowledge how he has ignored this line and the offense in general.

The O-Line is such a vital part of a football team. I know it's hard for some people to understand because these guys never get the publicity. I see people that think TT has addressed the line JUST BECAUSE he has brought in bodies. We had bodies last year and how did that pan out. These guys were stating the same thing going into last year, The O-Line is fine because we have players there. This was a spot TT could and SHOULD have addressed. The basic lack of caring about the most important part of our offense was enough to turned me against him alone.

I also saw him bring in guys like O'Dwyer, Thompson, Little, etc. Now the excuse makers will say we had no money but that's lame. If I only have 10 bucks to my name and I buy Crack with it while I ignore my families needs, is that OK? I could have spent that money on Bread and Macaroni and Cheese. Is it Prime Rib, of course not, but it's food to help my family through a rough time, and sure better than the Crack I brought.

We have plenty of good LB's but where the hell is our Kicker? Oh that's right TT was out of town. Javon wanted out and TT caved, setting a terrible example for the future. We have a coach who was the leader of a terrible offense last year. We have a coach who talks about "changing the attitude in GB" and then makes excuses for guys not showing up for OTA's. Who hired that coach?

It's hard for me to find anything positive about this team when the guy in charge fails in so many ways.

I like our RB's but sadly they will have no where to run. I like the young talent at the WR spot, but rebuilding an O-Line and a WR group at the same time is a recipe for disaster. Good luck throwing the ball to Rookie WR's in 3.2 seconds Brett.

I like the Defense as a whole outside of the D-Line which TT did improve by adding Pickett. KGB is still a liability against the run and who knows who will win the other Tackle spot. The LB's should be great. Barnett still frustrates me at time but thats part of being a playmaker at the MIKE spot. Taylor is the perfect fit for the SAM with guys like Barnett and AJ. The Woodson signing was about 3-4 years to late. The guy is awalking injury and has been a cancer in the past. He if healthy is an upgrade over Carroll though that logic is flawed. Either Commit to Carroll or cut and run. I think Carroll will turn out to be a solid corner though it may not be in GB. The Safeties look good to me but lack depth.

The Special Teams are a disaster and was completely ignored by TT. Again it just seems like a lack of details. This negligence will cost GB at least 1-2 games this year.

It's not a terrible team overall IMO, but the lack of focus on the details will strap this team this year. Hey, you asked for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts