The Powerball Throwback Uniforms

What do you think of the Packer Powerball uniforms?

• Love it

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • It's okay

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Pretty ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like the throwback idea, but would prefer a different style than these

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the NFL mandates that the 3rd uniform must be kept for 5 years. They don't want everyone doing different throwbacks every year. Which is kind of understandable, given what Oregon and now Maryland are doing.

That means the Packers are stuck with the current ones for a while. I voted that they are "okay." The jersey is awesome, but the helmet doesn't look like leather and just looks mismatched with the pants. They are better than the Bears orange alternates that they wore against the Packers this year.

They call them 1929 throwbacks, so I think of it like this... The Packers won three championships in a row 1929-1931. So last year it was a 1929 throwback, this year is a 1930 throwback, and next year can be a 1931 throwback.

As an aside, I saw a kid wearing a throwback style #52 jersey today, and my first thought was to flip him off. I didn't, because I got it straight that Matthews is #52 and Hawk is #50, and also because he was a random stranger with a woman who might have been his mom.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I believe the NFL mandates that the 3rd uniform must be kept for 5 years. They don't want everyone doing different throwbacks every year. Which is kind of understandable, given what Oregon and now Maryland are doing.

See the thing I am confused about is why did the Bears wear different throwbacks last year than their alternate this year? Or can a team be allowed a throwback and an alternate jersey?

Still hoping for the Packers 100th anniversary, I hope the Packers can play in a jersey from every decade.