The Official "We love Aaron Rodgers" thread.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe I never thought of this, there have been a lot of Great QBs with the #12, particularly in Super Bowls.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Waiting for Cal2GB to start posting... let the overwhelming of Rodger's praise begin. :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't tug on Superman's cape, *****.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude Chill, I'm not downing Rodgers, but now that Favre is gone, we need someone of quality waiting in the wings. I'm not saying spend a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on a QB, or did you not read that part of my post? So I didn't qualify that we may need to draft a QB to backup Rodgers, you guys are being just a little too thin skinned if you ask me.

our current QBs on Staff:

With Favre gone we have:
Aaron Rodgers
Craig Nall (& years out of Northwestern St. La.)
Dalton Bell
Jerry Babb

That's it. I'll be honest, I'm confident in Rodgers ability, but behind him, I'm not confident in a single one of those guys. My statement is an indict ment of what was our 3rd, 4th, 5th, stringers essentially, who I do not feel our worthy of a #2 QB spot. That's my opinion of them, not Rodgers. Please understand that.

And I sure hope Favre doesn't end up with another team, I can't tell you the pit that would put in my stomach.

Sorry man, didn't mean to come off as blasting you or anything. I agree with that assessment, it's a good idea to have someone behind Rodgers who can provide a backup in case he goes down. I think now that Favre has retired, that there is a good chance that TT will draft a QB and I think it'll be on the first day. Who? I'm not really too sure, but looking in FA I don't think those are players that TT will sign.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say that trom's photo of Rodgers with the moustache does not inspire confidence. But I like Rodgers, and I think he'll be okay. I hope the fans are good to him.

I'm not in agreement with these people who try to project how many fewer games the Packers will win because of the QB change. It's not that easy to quantify. It's a chemistry thing. Conceivably, they could be just as good with Rodgers as they were with Favre, or they could be awful. All we can do is give the guy a chance. Look what Eli Manning did after a few tough seasons.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I have to say that trom's photo of Rodgers with the moustache does not inspire confidence.

That's his Clark Kent.

This is his Superman.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Get used to seeing TD spikes.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too settled, could Favre pull a Michael Jordan and Come back again? WHo knows, but my hopes for next season just dropped from NFC Championship to maybe not making the playoffs. Add QB to our list of needs though maybe not a 1st or 2nd or 3rd Rounder needed.

I'm sure 49er fans felt that way when Montana was shipped off, but like Steve Young, Rodgers has had some time to sit and learn, and learn from one of the best ever.. Not saying he'll be that successful however he very well could be and there is no reason on earth to start dumping on the guy until he has a chance.. I'm sure there will be some obvious growing pains but this is still a pretty damn good team.

All they need now is a veteran backup.. all should be okay

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Serious though, we will be fine with Aaron at QB... might be a slightly different offense but effective it should be none the less.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Veretax said:
I wouldn't get too settled, could Favre pull a Michael Jordan and Come back again? WHo knows, but my hopes for next season just dropped from NFC Championship to maybe not making the playoffs. Add QB to our list of needs though maybe not a 1st or 2nd or 3rd Rounder needed.

I'm sure 49er fans felt that way when Montana was shipped off, but like Steve Young, Rodgers has had some time to sit and learn, and learn from one of the best ever.. Not saying he'll be that successful however he very well could be and there is no reason on earth to start dumping on the guy until he has a chance.. I'm sure there will be some obvious growing pains but this is still a pretty damn good team.

Steve YOung played as a starter in Tampa Bay for several years before he even went to SF. He was already used to the starting QB role when he took over for Montana...

Biggest difference was that he was on a perrenial winner in SF. And it still took him several more years before he led his team to the Superbowl victory.

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rmayer32 said:
Veretax said:

Steve YOung played as a starter in Tampa Bay for several years before he even went to SF. He was already used to the starting QB role when he took over for Montana...

Biggest difference was that he was on a perrenial winner in SF. And it still took him several more years before he led his team to the Superbowl victory.

Yes he was.. actually though he was used to getting crushed in TB. :) My only point is you never know.. we will soon find out if sitting back and learning from a legend is truly beneficial or not.. if he can be near as good as Young was for SF (because he was garbage in TB as was everyone) then I'd say we could call it a success.. Time will tell

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm worried about the line protect Rodgers.

Favre knew how to get rid of the ball and avoid sacks.

Hopefully, Rodgers has that ability to.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers will do fine. I am looking forward to seeing him shut down Dallass at Lambeau this year.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just heard an interview with Desmond Howard on Espn. Said he talked to chuckwood last week and chuck thought Brett would retire.

when asked about Arod.... Chuck said. hes actually really good.

GM confidence : check
Teammate confidence : check
Fan confidence : at least from me a big ol hairy check!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serious though, we will be fine with Aaron at QB... might be a slightly different offense but effect it should be none the less.

Well said Pack93z.

I thought this day would never come.
Glad to see that Brett can retire on his terms, and also
that Aaron gets to play before he's 30.

You guys saw glimpses. Aaron's got a quick release,
excellent arm strength, can make every throw, has plenty mobility,
and has 3 plus years in this offense. He's sat behind a legend
and has sponged up as much as he could.

We should be happy that things are happening now. A young offense w/a young QB to grow with. The receivers are all comfortable w/Aaron
and

Ted Thompson will have another one of his draft picks to qualify his already lofty status as a good GM.

I dunno how good Aaron's gonna be..
I just know he's got the tools and what I DO KNOW
is that he is NOT going to be Alex Smith.

I just hope he can manage to not have teammates jumping
on his hamstring!
hehe

packersfan4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I think Arod will be a quarterback like David Garrard of Jacksonville 18 TD's and 3 interceptions...I'd take that. Also take a look at Phillip Rivers of San Diego after the Chargers let Drew Brees go he only sat on the bench for I think one year. They had a 14-2 record. The did have LT though, but there is hope.

skibum55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Aaron Rodgers ever win 3 MVP's or set the career touchdown pass record or career starts record or career wins? I doubt it.

How many people honestly thought Favre could do that when he was traded from Atlanta?? :mug:

Members online

Latest posts