The NFL is fixed...

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this isn't even a packer-viking thing...just about every key play, some curious call came up...

-TD called due to a push off?
-pass to engram to the 2... but a phantom hold
-Rothelisberger short of the endzone, but a TD anyway
-illegal block on #8? As if an int weren't enough, lets put the ball at the 40...

jbshell touched on some of the other calls too.

I'm not one to usually blame a game on the refs...and I'm not exactly doing that, but the game had a very fishy smell to it.

dude what are you all talking about the officiating was fine that push off was a push off you cant do that the rothlesberger short thing the ball passed the line and if you dont believe me look at the replay its very clear the other 2 calls you speak off i dont remember but otherwise i thought the officiating was fine and didnt decide the outcome of this game at all seattle is just not as good as pittsburgh so stop with the wahhhhhhhhh the NFL is fixed bit because it wasnt especially you the vikqueens fan the vikqueens just suck and choke like a guy trying to swallow 10 hotdogs whole.[marq=down][align=center]

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no there wasnt what game were you people watching now the indy game there was a bad call but the superbowl was good

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are you kidding gopackgo?

Ben roethlisberger wasn't in,
that wasn't pass-interference (although there should have been a call on pittsberg),
and there were many others, I.E holding was blatant on pittsberg, the horse-collar on alexander.

anyways, Pittsberg shouldn't have even been in the superbowl...

amazing how a Cincinatti o-linman pushed that kind gentleman right into Palmers ankle... wait a minute... where was this linemen? oh, i know, on top!

isn't it awkward how Vanderjagt has never missed a kick in the playoffs, at home, in his life? and it's interesting how (whoever it was) grabbed the fumble and then made the decision to run right into roethlisberger.

heres another triky little thing that you all are tired of:
Jarome Bettis=Detroit 'native'+last season
Superbowl=Detroit

it would have been so nice to see Jarome get a SB ring, especially in detroit... mind oyu i could think of alot better things I.E him getting ran over by a bus (oohh, the irony is rich in that one)

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
r u stupid rothlesberger was in look at the replay the ball crossed the white line and thats all you need for a touchdown and yes it is interesting how that worked but it wasnt fixed pitts just a great team and bill cowher is a great coach

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
am i stupid? obviously not...
now, let's go over this slowly and try to visualize it.

look at the reff, he seemed rather confuzed... it was interesting how he acted... first he ran over, then, once he was beside roethlisberger, he raised his arms thinking it was a touchdown.

now, look a benny's perspective (i know perspective is a big word, just look it up and you'll do fine) little ol' ben was running, he jumped into the air, he was ever so close to the line but he just couldn't get it over, he had the chance, but he didn't. then, right at the end, on the ground, both knees, he weasels that ball over the line at the exact moment the reff comes over and calls it a touchdown.

now, think it over... where does the ball end up? infront of the goal line. as far as i am concerned, the ball is placed where the holder has it at the farest point before he lands... with both knees on the ground... i am pretty damn sure that you can't push the ball over after you are on the ground.

congratulations, you have just lost an argument to a genius.

P.S: to save you any harm...
Canadians don't live in igloos. (contrary to poular, ignoramus belief)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That ball didn't cross the line. Well it did, after he was down, and then extended his arm with it. Not a TD.

You guys want to get into a name calling match, take it to the smack area.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was watching this exactly play being discussed on NFL network yesterday. while i do believe it was a blown call & NOT a td, the instant replay, in this case, was useless. there was absolutely no conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field. if the call had been that he was down at the 1/2 yd line & pitt challenged it, the instant replay again would have done no good to overturn that call either.

i think the guy they talk to is the director of officiating but i'm not sure. anyway, he conceded that there WERE blown calls like hasselback blocking too low after the INT - totally screwed that one up!! he also said some of the other calls were close.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's funny that this is such a big deal............i see the refs blow calls every game! So......at least they are consistant!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alright shiftsydaddy its this little thing called forward progress and all that has to cross to be a touch down is the ball has to slightly graze the white of the plane of the endzone and thats exactly what happened somebody show me instant replay that proves me wrong and ill admit defeat but the fact is anyone one who says that it wasnt a touchdown is wrong!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the pass interference there is a nice little rule about pushing off a defender oh what did that seattle guy do yes he pushed off a defender making room to get a touchdown at the beginning of the year the NFL said it was cracking dow on stuff like thatso therefore it was not a touchdown wrong again!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shiftysdad said:
now, look a benny's perspective (i know perspective is a big word, just look it up and you'll do fine) little ol' ben was running, he jumped into the air, he was ever so close to the line but he just couldn't get it over, he had the chance, but he didn't. then, right at the end, on the ground, both knees, he weasels that ball over the line at the exact moment the reff comes over and calls it a touchdown.

now, think it over... where does the ball end up? infront of the goal line. as far as i am concerned, the ball is placed where the holder has it at the farest point before he lands... with both knees on the ground... i am pretty damn sure that you can't push the ball over after you are on the ground.
"Benny" didn't have to get into the endzone, just the football. I will grant I'm not so sure the Ref saw it happen but he did call it correctly. I've seen enough replays and still photos to have 0% doubt about that. The ball isn't "placed" in this situation because it crossed the vertical plane of the goal line for a TOUCHDOWN.

Have to say your's is the first argument I've seen concerning Ben pushing the ball over once he was on the ground. No one else was ever such a sore loser as to claim that was the contested part of the play.

Tell me this - Packer's defender in the endzone get's shoved out of the way like that and you would say "waitaminute - that's not PI? It's a TD?" I don't think so. Folks say that Hope argued his case and got the ref to throw the flag - WRONG. Take a look at the NFL films shot - the ref double-clutched and missed grabbing the flag. He was throwing it almost before the play was over.

Seattle lost the game and Pittsburgh, quite deservedly, is the Super Bowl XL Champion.

p.s. Perhaps you haven't followed football for the last 13 yrs but the Bus earned and deserved every bit of the accolades and respect afforded him before during and after that game.

p.p.s If anyone "up above" is favoring the Steelers it's The Chief - Art Rooney!

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Arrow..

I don't know what friggin' game you were watching...

but Seattle DOMINATED Pittsburgh for most of the game until the Refs let the air out of them by calling every friggin' play that they made a penalty to help the "Pittsburgh Stealers" win the game....

that was a "tainted" superbowl..if ever I saw one...and the league should do something about it....

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.....Seattle dominated........till it came time to get in the endzone. The Packers had ALOT of games like that this past year. Moving the ball up and down the field......but unable to score. What Packinsteel said is right.........I watched the replays of Rothlesberger's TD, and the nose of the ball did break the plane before he hit the ground. The push off by the Seattle WR WAS the right call. He DID push off, and if that happened to the Packers, i would want it called too.
The refs didn't run 75 yards and score for the Steelers, or throw the TD pass from Randel El. The Steelers made a few big plays that made the difference.
If you want to complain about a VALID issue, why don't you all attack the SB 32 "winners" the Denver Broncos? They out right CHEATED to win by not following the rules as far as the salary cap. Check it out. It's TRUE. And they got away with it!
If the NFL is supposed to crack down on the part time employees (the refs) why didn't they strip the Broncos of the SB title, and give it to the Packers? Cause they WANTED Elway to get his super bowl ring. It was the "feel good" story. Thats why they waited till LAST YEAR to "fine" the Broncos for their foul. They wanted plenty of time to go by, so it wouldn't be as noticed. Maybe if they had been made to follow the rules, maybe they wouldn't have been able to have both Elway AND Davis on their team. And maybe they never would have GOT to SB 32!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packinsteel and cheesy thank you for watching the right game idk what those other people were watchin sayin that it was fixed

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
packinsteel and cheesy thank you for watching the right game idk what those other people were watchin sayin that it was fixed

"IDK" - is that the Texting Generation's way of typing "I don't know?"

Love it!!

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
alright shiftsydaddy its this little thing called forward progress and all that has to cross to be a touch down is the ball has to slightly graze the white of the plane of the endzone and thats exactly what happened somebody show me instant replay that proves me wrong and ill admit defeat but the fact is anyone one who says that it wasnt a touchdown is wrong!

okay... there could be a chance that maybe, just maybe, the ball grazed the white line, BUT there was no evidence, and when the reff called the touchdown was when Benny Boy pushed it over, when he was down.

THATS my debate on it, so, the reff shouldn't have called it a touchdown in the firstplace... and ergo, when Pittsberg (would have) challenged it, there would have been no evidence FOR a touchdown.

and i do respect Bettis, him and Polamalu (or whatever) are the two players on that team i like. althouh Bettis did nothing in that game (well, very little)

oh, and the PI, it's funny how they noticed (i can't remember who) push the defender... but they neglected it when a Pittsberg player gave him a n ice little shove...

and having a part of your body over does help in claiming it a touchdown... although not necesary... it's good evidence, but in Ben's case... not enough.

and trust me, i am not a sore loser...

i believe it is 5 years straight where the team i favoured did not win the superbowl (Patriots, Bucs, Patriots, Patriots, Pittsberg)

and NONE of the other times have i claimed that there was a reffing problem (although the raiders did get their 2nd foot in the endzone [was that Rice? can't remember] against the bucs)

Members online

Latest posts