The 2012 Packer Season Is OVER!!!

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Copied this off another forum. Feel this guy hits spot-on.

Some thoughts:

1. This was actually better than the 30-20 loss I predicted, so that's something.

2. The defense is the same as the offense: One great player, a few good ones, and some stiffs who wouldn't start for most teams.

3. The O-Line and D-Line were equally horrific, as expected.

4. Pickett-Raji-Wilson were manhandled like baby cubs. Most teams would be desperately seeking an upgrade for punchless Raji, while we're talking extension--egad.

5. The coverage was very, very weak. Outside of Raji on run plays, I see few guys falling back as quickly as our corners. They're giving cushion because they're afraid to get burned, which is probably wise.

6. Matthews is sensational, of course, and Hawk was surprisingly good with 14 tackles. Smith was active, but just too small. On a good defense, Matthews would lead the league in sacks.

7. This O-Line absolutely cannot run block, and that leaves Aaron in terrible situations. I pity the man--as much as I can any superstar. We've been far too excited about a below average blocking unit.

8. Kuhn might well be the worst lead-blocking fullback in the NFL--so bad, that we've given up using him as such. Good decision. Of course, we don't use him running or catching either, so . . . . what's his position, anyway? Holder? Fan favorite?

9. Our wideouts had a tough time getting separation, since we lack a stud like Johnson, Fitzgerald, etc. Just a lot of #2's, with no legit #1. They're definately good enough if you have a running game, and Aaron will get production with anyone, but they need a killer.

I'll get hammered as usual, so I won't even bother responding.

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
I'm not saying I'm perfect. But I would beg you to compare me on who ends up closer of their season wide comparison at the start of the year.

Me- picking 10-6

The guy on a separate thread who picked us going 16-0.

And I've never claimed to be a great record analyzer. I'm more of a talent evaluator.
Hey, I was just messing with ya a bit. I'd like to see us somewhere between the two. Keep up the challenging and informative posts.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are far from a finished product. But a finished product is what you want at the end of the season. Let's give this one to the defense.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Continuing to pile on; What the heck's the matter with this team? They let the Bears score on them... I guess every team in the league will score now.

Members online