The 2012 Packer Season Is OVER!!!

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears beat the Colts. I'm scared. Cutler has a way of stopping himself.

Big win for Green Bay.

Here's some news for you. Our offense is the same as it was last year when we went 15-1. We're damn good. Our defense has an upgraded pass rush, which was evident today.
Thats saying a lot for a team that's went 3-3 in its last 6 games.

Yes it's the same offense, but you have to improve each year. I'm not sure how much they improves. Defenses started to figure us out last year and that will only improve this year.

Yeah our defense will be a little better this year. And our pass rush will be improved. But to make any serious difference your putting a lot on some rookies. Even the Packers dont look for much out of their rookies until year 2.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also a chance with St. Louis and Minnesota as they both seem like your once a year slip-up game. Especially St. Louis as they have a lot of young talent and are playing sound ball under Fisher.

I think it would be much more likely to lose to the Redskins

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Also a chance with St. Louis and Minnesota as they both seem like your once a year slip-up game. Especially St. Louis as they have a lot of young talent and are playing sound ball under Fisher.

Really? Sound ball? Did you watch them today? 250 total yards... 4-12 on third down... 2.6 yards per rush.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't lost to the Saints or Giants. We MIGHT lose to the Lions at their if they get their crap together, but they looked pretty lousy today against a very poor Rams team. We'll sweep the Bears... yet again.
Whatever. You have your views, I have mine. We'll see at the end of the year who's right. We're both Packer fans here.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thats saying a lot for a team that's went 3-3 in its last 6 games.

Yes it's the same offense, but you have to improve each year. I'm not sure how much they improves.

Okay, so we have to improve on scoring the 2nd most points ever? We have to improve but the Saints don't? (You said they're exactly the same as last year.) How does that work?

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't lost to the Saints or Giants. We MIGHT lose to the Lions at their if they get their crap together, but they looked pretty lousy today against a very poor Rams team. We'll sweep the Bears... yet again.

I can't say we wont lose to the Saints or Giants because there is definitely a chance we will. What I can say is that we have a pretty good chance to beat both of them

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I'm not panicking and giving up total hope just yet. But I'm sort of mad we spent all them draft choices on beefing up the defense, and so far it hasn't seem to help any. Clay don't get no help again this year, he can't carry the defense by himself.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, so we have to improve on scoring the 2nd most points ever? We have to improve but the Saints don't? (You said they're exactly the same as last year.) How does that work?
We both have the same offense's but the Saints added Nick Toon and 2 O lineman in the draft. They should make a minimal effect. Not sure we really added much at all in offense. No draft pick on offense made the roster. And I'm not sure if Saturday is an upgrade over Wells or if Benson is an upgrade over anybody, or even the best RB on our roster.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no reason to panic yet. The 49ers are most people's favorite to win the Super Bowl, right? Now obviously, I expect the Packers to win the Super Bowl, so for them to be inferior to anyone is unacceptable. But one loss isn't going to undo our season; in fact, it may help the team see its errors and correct them.

However, if the Packers lose to the Bears, then the panic button must be pressed. There would be the possibility of everyone in the division being at 2-0 and the Packers at 0-2, not to mention all sorts of other bad things to go with the start. Can this team start out 1-4 like in 2004 and come back to make the playoffs? Yes, but there's a whole lot of things to correct.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
By that the Packers would be playing the worst sound ball of all. Compare our stats to St. Louis's I'm interested to see how they compare.

Compare the 49ers to the Lions. I'm interested to see how they compare too.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
they also played one of the worst offenses too. Wait until they play the bears, hawks and Saints. 0-4 is highly likely.

I will take that bet. What odds will you give, seeing that it is highly likely you are correct. We can use one of the betting houses in Vegas to handle this transaction fair and square. Name your amount, too. Up to low four zeroes is ok with me.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, but of our offense is so great we should still have no problem scoring right?

Wrong.

I've said it for many years. Great defense trumps great offense. It's been true for as long as I've watched football. It remains true today.

BTW, if our offense isn't great, nobody's is.

PFanCan

Reaction score
I'm not panicking and giving up total hope just yet. But I'm sort of mad we spent all them draft choices on beefing up the defense, and so far it hasn't seem to help any. Clay don't get no help again this year, he can't carry the defense by himself.

Remember that play where Clay blew into the backfield and nearly tackled the RB for a loss? Looked like he totally ruined that play. But, the RB then went on to dance through a few missed tackles for a nice gain.

That sucked.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Remember that play where Clay blew into the backfield and nearly tackled the RB for a loss? Looked like he totally ruined that play. But, the RB then went on to dance through a few missed tackles for a nice gain.

Is Matthews our only real defender out there? Sheesh!

Wait a second, you're going to praise Matthews for"nearly tackling the RB" and then hose the ones who "missed tackles"? Am I missing something here?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No, by saying that great defenses beat great offenses. Our defense isn't "great" yet to beat most great offenses.

The Saints defense is no better than ours. What's your point? I don't think anyone has said the Saints game won't be a high scoring affair on both sides of the ball.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Seriously? After ONE GAME?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Well it's clear the season is a lost one. I'm watching the rest of the games though to see where we need to draft. You know... if someone other than Rodgers is SB MVP we can say we are okay at that position.
I did see alot of positives in this game. Let's admit that Harbaugh really had this game setup. FB at the wide WR position and TE inside of him split? They had a tons of stuff planned against our personnel and not vice-versa. They got Perry out in the flat in coverage against Crabtree a few times. We're not going to win those battles this early in the season. Great coaching on the 9ers side. Really an admirable offensive game plan. I never saw all this coming and I doubt the Packers coaches did either. However, it is the first game and this isn't the same 9ers team from last season. If the Packers had any idea what they'd be doing, any film at all it might have been a different game.
I thought Finley would be the difference maker. Those 9er LBs are for real. They really took him out.
Still, I"m not worried if the Packers have to face them again. Packers had pressure, good pressure. I wish I could figure out why we can't stop the run.
I hate to say it but I think we were out coached this game. I don't believe their players are superior to ours. 9ers had a masterful gameplan and they played it in the first game. Now it's on film. Would have loved to play them 2nd, 3rd or even 4th week. I think they obsessed about this game all offseason.
As for the refs, they were pretty bad, but I have to believe they were bad for both sides. NO question the challenges were correctly upheld. Nobody can ever say if the block in the back on Cobb's return would have been seen by the regular refs. We saw it on TV but can't be certain some ref would have caught it otherwise.
Cobb looks electric, the secondary looked confused at times but experience will change that. The front 7 looked good against the pass. Rodgers will dial it in. Benson will improve in one back sets against lesser D's. (Their guys came out of nowhere on some runs, good lord).
This Packers team is one in transition. No question they are not the same team. But I think this is the Packers future, once they put it together they will be dangerous. Will it be in the next 3? I don't know but I"m really pumped about the potential of this team. No chance this team goes 0-4 but wow, they are going to be a ton of fun to watch late in the season.
People always talk about what's better about this team or that from last season and I think we saw in Cobb and Perry the beginnings of a new identity for the Packers this season.

PFanCan

Reaction score
Wait a second, you're going to praise Matthews for"nearly tackling the RB" and then hose the ones who "missed tackles"? Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing something.

Matthews penetrated the backfield while dominating his blocker shoving him 5 yards backwards. Matthews was a huge disruption to the planned flow of the offensive play causing the RB to run several yards deeper and burning crucial seconds of time.

The rest of the Packer defensive squad should have been able to capitalize on Clay's effort, but they didn't. Instead, they remained stuck behind their blockers while being pushed backward. Their pursuit was a fraction of what Matthews was able to do.

Members online

Latest posts