Ted Thompson seems to be doing a pretty good job

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
why is everyone trying to pinpoint the success down to one person? think about how ridiculous that is.

Because when things go bad, guess which ONE person gets pinpointed?

Gotta counter their ridiculous with more ridiculous.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly.

That was my point regarding all of the "Favre bashing" that went on a few short months ago.

By the way, where do you place all the blame when things go south? :wink:

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many are willing to "man up" and admit they were wrong about Favre after viciously attacking him?

I fell off my chair laughing when I read that! :shock:

"viciously". lol. Like the comments were hate-speech or something. Lol. That's unreal.

Sure, I said he should be traded, benched, retired, or any of those. Was I wrong? Hell yes, and I'm glad I was. Was it "vicious"? Hell no. Do I need to "man up" and apologize via the internet? Um.....no.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
How many are willing to "man up" and admit they were wrong about Favre after viciously attacking him?

I fell off my chair laughing when I read that! :shock:

Me too. Saying you think Favre has lost some of his abilities and isn't the QB he was is 'vicious' now. I love it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When so called Packer "fans" attack (by making the following statements and attacks such as "he sucks", "should be traded", "is over-rated", etc., etc.. ad nauseum) a future HOF Packer player over an erroneous and misguided belief that his skills have "diminished" in defense of the object of their own perceived bias, then yeah...as Packer fandom goes, I'd say that's pretty low and "vicious".

Especially when it seems apparent that it is the general consensus in Packerland that the skills in question have not erroded in the least...

Looks like you're not quite ready to "man up".... :thumbsup:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and Fuzznuts hijacks a 'pat on the back to TT' thread and turns it into a Favre thread. Shocker.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, everyone who wasn't a Favre-firster wondered openly whether the man's skills had eroded.

Not being a total homer for one player on a team of 53 does not disqualify someone from being a fan. That's just a retarded notion.

The general consensus from objective observers was that his skills, at age 37 or whatever it is, may have eroded.

If "man up" means unabashedly kissing a player's ***, I guess I'm not quite ready, nor will I ever be.

:thumbsup:

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It must mean "unabashedly kissing a GM's ***" to you then, I guess...

I thought we were all Packer fans here...

That means all of the Green Bay Packers...(including Brett Favre) :thumbsup:

I "mann'ed up" and admitted that I was pretty much wrong about TT. I wonder why you (and some others here) have such a hard time doing the same thing regarding Brett Favre..?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree Porky.

This is where I have a big problem with some people here.

What you're saying Porky, is that McCarthy is the reason for Favre's success. How many people here were calling for Favre's head and saying that he "lost it", and should retire a few short months ago? How many wanted Aaron Rodgers to start over Favre? (and I have a feeling that a couple still do! :cry: )

Sigh

I think McCarthy deserves credit for Favre playing at this level. I'm not saying he deserves all the credit but I think McCarthy's relationship with Favre is a big reason why Favre is playing like this. Not the only reason though.

I was not one of those people who thought Aaron Rodgers should play before Favre. I wasn't sold on Rodgers actually until this pre season. I'm still not 100% there but I feel better about him than a year ago.

Why won't you people admit that the Packers sucked in '04, '05, and somewhat, in '06? It's as if some people would rather attack and blame Favre rather than admit that the Packers were just not that good, and that Favre had no team around him, whatsoever. What...all of a sudden Favre un-sucks again? He is un-washed up?

What does this have to do with ANYTHING I brought up. :roll:

Saying that it's because McCarthy is controlling him like some automaton is naive at best. What McCarthy is doing is being smart enough to know that Brett Favre can run this offense without the micro-manageing, control freak coaching style of those two simps, Sherman and Rossley. I give him credit for that! (So he asserting less control over Favre, not more!)

Did I say McCarthy is controlling him? I said McCarthy knows how to push his buttons but also has faith in him at the same time. Did you even read my post?

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, you didn't say it Porky, but others have.

It was kind of a general assumption/belief amongst some to justify their view of Favre.

But I guess by pointing that out I'm just a blind, ***-kissing, Homer for Favre, regardless of the truth.

Well, so be it, then..i guess.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we were all Packer fans here...

hmm.. so one minute, you aren't a Packer"fan" if you called out Brett, and the next, we're all Packer fans?

I "mann'ed up" and admitted that I was pretty much wrong about TT. I wonder why you (and some others here) have such a hard time doing the same thing regarding Brett Favre..?

I thought that this (and many others just like it) were admitting wrong:

pack_in_black said:
Sure, I said he should be traded, benched, retired, or any of those. Was I wrong? Hell yes, and I'm glad I was. Was it "vicious"? Hell no. Do I need to "man up" and apologize via the internet? Um.....no.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on and on and on, on , on and on, the beat don't stop 'till the break of dawn.
Now what you hear is not a test, i'm rapping to the beat........

:pop:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

WHO SANG IT, WHAT SONG DID IT SAMPLE?

The Packers are 8-1. everyone involved has stepped up and contributed.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on and on and on, on , on and on, the beat don't stop 'till the break of dawn.
Now what you hear is not a test, i'm rapping to the beat........

:pop:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

WHO SANG IT, WHAT SONG DID IT SAMPLE?

The Packers are 8-1. everyone involved has stepped up and contributed.

Wasn't it the old Granny from The Wedding Singer? I'm not sure who it sampled, but it was the first "rap" song to really break into the mainstream, waaaaaaay back in the early 80's.

:lol: :D :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this thread got out of hand.
What the heck are we argueing about??? We are 8-1, the best in the NFC, and petty bickering has us looking like.......dare i say......BEARS FANS!?!?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Dude, everyone who wasn't a Favre-firster wondered openly whether the man's skills had eroded.

Not being a total homer for one player on a team of 53 does not disqualify someone from being a fan. That's just a retarded notion.

The general consensus from objective observers was that his skills, at age 37 or whatever it is, may have eroded.

If "man up" means unabashedly kissing a player's ***, I guess I'm not quite ready, nor will I ever be.

:thumbsup:

and some people could watch #4 play, and feel , with no doubt in their minds, that he is a great player, and his skills are as solid as ever. There is no way coming into 2007, A-rod was a better QB than Brett Favre. And when other people wrote of Brett's decline, those who felt differently, had to point out how silly the idea of Brett being washed up was.

To me , just because i felt Brett Favre was still a highly skilled NFL QB, does not mean I am Favre First.

I do feel, If you come into a season under the salary cap, and you have some glaring weaknesses on your team, as the GM, you have a responsibility to fill those voids, and pursue a Championship.

I complained of certain players and draft selections, and I wondered why our GM was not making an effort to win. Turns out TT did a pretty solid job.

Still, I wonder what would of happened had Moss came to GB and played along side DD. Would we be 9-0?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
2) Yes. Saying Favre is an automaton is silly.

So your not confused. I didn't say that. Read my post.

I know Porky. You didn't say it, but others have implied it on more than one occasion.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black ,

I could be wrong but I think where part of the problem originates with this topic on this forum goes well back to the fall of 05 when the Brett bashing, digs, attacks ( a combination of all three if you will ) were so regular that they had a few of us wanting to vomit.

Granted, some of the questions were legit but many were not and this was happening at the same time that a TT love fest seemed to be taking place where "some" of us felt that TT could do no wrong and "some" of us considered him the devil in disguise.

There also seemed to be two almost camps of thought here with very few posters taking the middle road.

I will admit, I was one of those Brett supporters and I was not a fan of TT at all. Am I a fan yet ? "No" although I do have to admit that he has done some very good things for this team including the hire of MM and that I was wrong about some of his picks that turned out to be great.

I think these camps ( including myself ) are coming closer together on this issue in general but I can see why a thread like this can get us all feuding based on many passed debates.

I for one would honestly like to drop this subject and move on to enjoying our 8-1 season and we can talk about management in the off season.

Who's with me ?

:packbeer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts