Ted Thompson Era Should Be Over

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have been a conditional pick. They always are. I'm glad you were happy with Hawkins out there playing with the super bowl on the line.
Felt a lot better than paying Tramon millions to do the same thing

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard people mention TT as a HOF. Does every SB GM make the HOF? What has he done that's been "great" and above and beyond anyone else?

This guy couldn't hold Wolf's jockstrap strap. He's wasted Rodgers prime with his draft and develop philosophy.
Rodgers probably owes his career and future HOF induction to that draft and develop philosophy, seems pretty ****ing stupid to mock it in every single post you make.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers probably owes his career and future HOF induction to that draft and develop philosophy, seems pretty ******* stupid to mock it in every single post you make.

Yea Rodgers is the one who owes TT, definitely not the other way around. :tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, so you don't believe Rodgers benefitted from having 3 years of no pressure learning behind another HOF qb? You think he was ready to go day 1? I'm assuming you didn't watch Packer football back then or you'd know he wasn't. Was this board even around back then? I know what people were saying on the ESPN boards and it wasn't praiseworthy that's for sure.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, so you don't believe Rodgers benefitted from having 3 years of no pressure learning behind another HOF qb? You think he was ready to go day 1? I'm assuming you didn't watch Packer football back then or you'd know he wasn't. Was this board even around back then? I know what people were saying on the ESPN boards and it wasn't praiseworthy that's for sure.

We already know Favre didn't care about teaching Rodgers anything so lol at that joke

Now would I rather have one of the greatest QBs of all time on my team, or a middling GM that can't build a defense to save his life? Hmmmmm so tough

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT were to step down and retire when would be a good time to do it? when would you guys think he will make that call?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
TT should be held responsible for the lack of talent & speed on the defense. Capers should be held responsible for having such a complex scheme for all these young guys they have EVERY year. I hear & see the same thing every year. "Miscommunication in the secondary" Either dumb it down or change the scheme to work with the talent you have! I really think its time to move on from Capers & his entire staff!
Brady Poppigna and Kevin Greene both on Bill Michaels the big unit said same thing.

Dom will dumb it down (not exact words, but principle is the same). If the players would do their job the Def would be fine.... They both said Dom isn't to blame.

Search greene and my name to find the post and the interview

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brady Poppigna and Kevin Greene both on Bill Michaels the big unit said same thing.

Dom will dumb it down (not exact words, but principle is the same). If the players would do their job the Def would be fine.... They both said Dom isn't to blame.

Search greene and my name to find the post and the interview

http://www.billmichaelssports.com/reaction-to-kevin-greenes-comments-and-the-football-frenzy/

11 minutes in?

Greene replied to the Packers Def and Dom..

Dom is consistent, and do what ur told to do..

Every Def part is clear..

If players did their job... It would be top 5 Def every year.

Keep to ur plan, keep believing in the scheme..

Do ur job

* I been saying that like crazy this year

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my forecast for 17:

Murphy respects TT too much to "interfere". We will hear from Mark when he announces a price hike in March and that the waitlist is up too "150,000". Yay!!

Thompson makes no impact moves. TT lovers defend him from the detractors. Eventually we look towards a sold out family night & stock meeting.

Season starts. Packers start out slow but Rodgers turns it on. The terrible D is aided by him. Packers beat Minnesota/Detroit last week of the season and claim the division.

Packers struggle to sellout the wild card game. They do eventually and win the game. Rodgers is brilliant.

Packers play on the road the next week. They are tied in a 33-33 shootout. Opposition gets the ball, scores a TD with 20 seconds left. Rodgers launches a successful hail mary. Opposition wins coin toss and game within three plays.

I feel the 90's Braves with this team.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just curious if anyone has any strong feelings about people we should keep or fire/cut. I'm thinking specifically of Ted Thompson, Dom Capers, Ladarius Gunter, and Eddie Lacy. I feel like these topics are getting the short shrift.

Please and thank you.
There's multiple threads to discuss these. Don't be hijacking this one.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already know Favre didn't care about teaching Rodgers anything so lol at that joke

Now would I rather have one of the greatest QBs of all time on my team, or a middling GM that can't build a defense to save his life? Hmmmmm so tough
It's obvious you have no clue what I"m talking about if you think I was alluding to Favre coaching Rodgers. LOL It's no wonder you have the thoughts you do . Later

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Felt a lot better than paying Tramon millions to do the same thing

Let's not forget now Tramon was an instrumental figure getting us to that Superbowl XLV by intercepting Michael Vick to end that game in Philly that year, and then having a big pick 6 that put the game in our favor against these Falcons.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my forecast for 17:

Murphy respects TT too much to "interfere". We will hear from Mark when he announces a price hike in March and that the waitlist is up too "150,000". Yay!!

Thompson makes no impact moves. TT lovers defend him from the detractors. Eventually we look towards a sold out family night & stock meeting.

Season starts. Packers start out slow but Rodgers turns it on. The terrible D is aided by him. Packers beat Minnesota/Detroit last week of the season and claim the division.

Packers struggle to sellout the wild card game. They do eventually and win the game. Rodgers is brilliant.

Packers play on the road the next week. They are tied in a 33-33 shootout. Opposition gets the ball, scores a TD with 20 seconds left. Rodgers launches a successful hail mary. Opposition wins coin toss and game within three plays.

I feel the 90's Braves with this team.

Well ... if the opposition's name is the Arizona Cardinals maybe.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Let's not forget now Tramon was an instrumental figure getting us to that Superbowl XLV by intercepting Michael Vick to end that game in Philly that year, and then having a big pick 6 that put the game in our favor against these Falcons.

Is the insinuation that he would have done something comparable this time? 6 years later?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't forget, but that was a long time ago. He was great for us, probably could have still been decent for a while after he left. But I wanted no part of that salary, especially this year.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is the insinuation that he would have done something comparable this time? 6 years later?

If that is the case (anything similar to Hayward), then yeah I can see what he meant. Guess it didn't enter my mind since hasn't been here since 2014. I'd agree at this point he'd probably be damaged goods like James Jones of 2015 or James Starks this year.

But having said that, I think it's a good idea to look at veteran corners out there who are free agents and still could be effective. We found one in Charles Woodson 10 years ago and think we could find another playmaker out there who could bring some heart into this secondary.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's obvious you have no clue what I"m talking about if you think I was alluding to Favre coaching Rodgers. LOL It's no wonder you have the thoughts you do . Later

"3 years of no pressure learning behind another HOF qb"

Those are your words

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy mentioned that Thompson is currently in Mobile for the Senior Bowl this week. This should put an end to any speculation the Packers general manager plans to retire or Murphy asking him to step down.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy mentioned that Thompson is currently in Mobile for the Senior Bowl this week. This should put an end to any speculation the Packers general manager plans to retire or Murphy asking him to step down.

I didn't really figure Murphy to ask him to step down, but I do hope he doesn't give any hints that he's gonna renew Ted Thompson's contract beyond 2018. I'm ok with extending Mike McCarthy beyond that year, but not Thompson. I think he needs to keep that end where it is because Thompson at least might want to step down if he knows he's a lame duck heading into 2018.

D

Deleted member 6794

I didn't really figure Murphy to ask him to step down, but I do hope he doesn't give any hints that he's gonna renew Ted Thompson's contract beyond 2018. I'm ok with extending Mike McCarthy beyond that year, but not Thompson. I think he needs to keep that end where it is because Thompson at least might want to step down if he knows he's a lame duck heading into 2018.

I truly hope Murphy and the executive committee urge Thompson to finally use all ways available to upgrade the roster. I won't be able to deal with him standing pat for most of free agency once again and only focus on the draft for another season.

Members online