Steelers aren't the only tough team

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where is the arrogance?EVERYONE knows the Steelers are the toughest team in the league.Yes the Pack is tough,just not on the same level.My question is,how come there are 30 other teams,NFL network,ESPN,Fox sports etc.etc.that see this but just because you are playing us in the Super Bowl,you wont admit it,to me thats arrogance!!!

Admit we have the best wide receiving core in the league, best QB in the SB, and the best defensive player in the league, and I will tell you your team is the toughest (but not the best).

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Where is the arrogance?EVERYONE knows the Steelers are the toughest team in the league.Yes the Pack is tough,just not on the same level.My question is,how come there are 30 other teams,NFL network,ESPN,Fox sports etc.etc.that see this but just because you are playing us in the Super Bowl,you wont admit it,to me thats arrogance!!!

The Steelers reputation has been exaggerated by dirty hits in my opinion. If you believe helmet to helmet head hunting makes your team tough, so be it. The Steelers are the toughest in the league then.

Don't expect Packer fans in a Packer forum to see it the same way a Steeler fan does. That's arrogant imo.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Admit we have the best wide receiving core in the league, best QB in the SB, and the best defensive player in the league, and I will tell you your team is the toughest (but not the best).

well some of those have real backing. Thats too much for steelers fans. They like to brag about stuff that is purely opinion.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score

RIGHT THERE.

No respect, the Packers made it to the Super Bowl, they have had injury after injury after injury, and made it. Our team has persevered this season through all those injuries, and are deemed the best in the NFC. Just as your team is deemed best in the AFC, now you give the compliment, that the Packers are tough. With the follow up just not on the same level. What is the same level? Taking cheap shots and illegal hits? Hitting after the play? Yeah we had Martin, but that was an anomaly and what happens at Packer/Bears games. Having the highest completion level AFTER your QB has been hit already?

Packers and Steelers are first and second in a lot of categories, now are you saying that the range of 1 - 2 is equal to our greater than the range of 3 -9 or 1 - 26?

It is the follow up, of saying we are the best, and no one can be better. that is arrogance. You guys say you have the best defense, yet your team has yet to have a shut out.

Keep eating what your buddies are feeding ya and when you come to a different board and hearing different opinions and you keep rehashing the same BS that you and your buddies say without having an open mind that is being a troll.

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dirty hits?Deemed by who,the idiotic commishioner?These players(all teams)are playing at full speed.How is a defender going to make a split second move while the offensive player is changing direction.Oh well,CHEERS to a good game....I never thought this forum would be like this.I thought we had a mutual respect.I invite you to Steelersfever and you will see a totally different vibe!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I invite you to Steelersfever and you will see a totally different vibe!
Again with the insults and looking down at us. QUIT IT! Any idea why it has a different vibe? Did you get to the answer that maybe its a Steeler's forum? And who are in Steeler forums? Steeler trolls like you.

bubbahotep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dirty hits?Deemed by who,the idiotic commishioner?These players(all teams)are playing at full speed.How is a defender going to make a split second move while the offensive player is changing direction.Oh well,CHEERS to a good game....I never thought this forum would be like this.I thought we had a mutual respect.I invite you to Steelersfever and you will see a totally different vibe!
The problem is, you act like Green Bay is Pittsburg's little brother, and truth is, your ours. We have been around longer, have more championships, hall of famers, history, etc. Respect your elders.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, the commishioner is an idiot. The commishioner isn't very smart. What are we to do with this commishioner? He aint got his edukatsion as us have.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will give you that,although it was a totally different game back then.Impressive none the less!!!

so was the 70s. each era has been very different. if I told you in 1980 someone would throw over 500 TDs you would have said hands down that they would be the greatest QB ever.

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again with the insults and looking down at us. QUIT IT! Any idea why it has a different vibe? Did you get to the answer that maybe its a Steeler's forum? And who are in Steeler forums? Steeler trolls like you.
Pack fans who have visited have been greeted with respect,yes even when gloating about pack history,gonna beat the Steelers etc....As for you guys winning more championships,thats great and IM not trying to take anything away from that but honestly,you guys are the only fans who pay attention to that.This is the Super Bowl era.Whenever Championships are discussed (even on network T.V.by so called experts) it is always the 49ers,Cowboys and Steelers.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack fans who have visited have been greeted with respect,yes even when gloating about pack history,gonna beat the Steelers etc....As for you guys winning more championships,thats great and IM not trying to take anything away from that but honestly,you guys are the only fans who pay attention to that.This is the Super Bowl era.Whenever Championships are discussed (even on network T.V.by so called experts) it is always the 49ers,Cowboys and Steelers.

and why should Packer fans care about that?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
and why should Packer fans care about that?

Because everyone knows that meaningful championships start when our opponents say they do.

(Can I get an eye-bleeding sarcasm tag please?)

Of course that means throwing out the bulk of Vince Lombardi's coaching career, but, you say what you gotta I guess.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt there will be too many Pittsburgh fans around this site after next Sunday.

remember the eagles fan that predicted doom for all the packers? At least he had the balls to give us all the credit in the world and stick around for awhile after. I doubt Steelers fans will be doing that.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Because everyone knows that meaningful championships start when our opponents say they do.

(Can I get an eye-bleeding sarcasm tag please?)

Of course that means throwing out the bulk of Vince Lombardi's coaching career, but, you say what you gotta I guess.

Well said and a great point LC!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

you listen to Troy aikman. I listen to the NFL.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/history/pdfs/Records/All_Time_Team_Records.pdf

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Steelers are practicing, we're not.
This stupid twitter/ir photo thing won't go away.

It's time to shut up and get our head in the game.

Madtown Steeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill say this.......When the packers get to ben, what are they going to do with him. Hope on one hand and pray on the other that someone helps them ? The steelers are WAY more physical on both sides of the ball than the packers. The steelers get very little respect with their secondary play and ill say that they handle the best WRs in the buisness very well and DARE them to come into the middle ! Anyone remember the Ryan Clark hits the past few years.....Ill bet your WRs do. You might not want to even try and run the ball. Your one dimentional even before the game starts. Advantage US ! We can do both run the ball and throw when we want to. I agree growing up in madison wi that its as big to the Packer nation to be in the superbowl as it was for us to be in the rose bowl..........same results I believe ! Lots of SB parties going on around here and everyone has thrown me out as an atendee because of my love for the steelers ....even my family !

bobby jr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just worried their cheap shot artists are gonna try to take out Rodgers. They always have a bunch on the dirtiest player lists voted on by NFL players. As Deion said, Players know Players.

That is what worries me too. There was a Sports Illustrated cover story on the Steelers this week. The story described how they refuse to alter their style of play, despite the fines the NFL has imposed on their team this year for shots which "crossed the line". The Steelers were actually bragging about how they were not going to stop doing these type of hits!

Now if the Steelers win the Super Bowl due to outplaying the Packers that is acceptable. If they win the Super Bowl by taking out Rodgers with an illegal hit, that is not acceptable.

I think the only solution may be an immediate on the spot suspension for a blatant illegal hit, up to the head refs discretion. It can be reviewed but if the shot is proved illegal, that player could be suspended on the spot and miss the rest of the Super Bowl.

That would help prevent a team from winning by illegally taking out the opposing teams best players.

Madtown Steeler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your complaining about physical hits .....in a steelers arent more physical thread ? Cmon. A hit is a hit ! OR is A Rodgers the new T Brady ? Dont touch my qb ........he is all we got ? Your team is an excellent team and if there is an injury you will overcome it.......you have all year !

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts