So Now that Moss is a FA, Do you want him?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I think we should look into all free agents.

Except Randy Moss, who hangs up on GB personnel when he doesn't like what they're saying. Enjoy another year of being ringless, you classless *****.

We're fine with Driver\Jennings\Jones. Bring in some younger players, and grow them so in a couple years they can be on Jennings\Driver level.

I can't believe I am agreeing with trom on this one. Randy had his chance !!!

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss is gonna go to the Vikings. He said in an interview "I was drafted a Viking. I want to end a viking." He still has 4-5 more seasons but I think the Vikings have a shot at him.

Are you sure he didn't say that when he was still a member of the Vikings?

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings, My family has been long time Packer fans, going back to when my Dad's family used to live in Wisconsin, its a tradition I've continued with my son, although I'll admit that due to the Television coverage, I don't see them that often. I grew up a Fan of the Redskins, but because of the family's heritage it has been a duty and privilege to also root for the Packers anytime those two interests do not conflict (when they do I sit back and hope for a good game :D). In any event, I'm not convinced that Green Bay needs another Wide Receiver that badly. The System being run by favre really spreads the ball out a lot, and I'm not convinced that Moss would be a need. That is not to say that if you could get him for a reasonable price, and if Packer fans could forgive him for the "mooning" incident among others, that he might not end up here. I'm just not a fan of bringing in Free Agent Wide Receivers, specifically of the type of Moss, who did well when he had everything to play for. What's he going to do when he comes to a team like Green Bay and they struggle early in the year? You don't need that kind of cancer on your team, but if he ended up a Packer I suppose I'd be rooting for him because of him then being a Packer.

Does that make any sense? :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings, My family has been long time Packer fans, going back to when my Dad's family used to live in Wisconsin, its a tradition I've continued with my son, although I'll admit that due to the Television coverage, I don't see them that often. I grew up a Fan of the Redskins, but because of the family's heritage it has been a duty and privilege to also root for the Packers anytime those two interests do not conflict (when they do I sit back and hope for a good game :D). In any event, I'm not convinced that Green Bay needs another Wide Receiver that badly. The System being run by favre really spreads the ball out a lot, and I'm not convinced that Moss would be a need. That is not to say that if you could get him for a reasonable price, and if Packer fans could forgive him for the "mooning" incident among others, that he might not end up here. I'm just not a fan of bringing in Free Agent Wide Receivers, specifically of the type of Moss, who did well when he had everything to play for. What's he going to do when he comes to a team like Green Bay and they struggle early in the year? You don't need that kind of cancer on your team, but if he ended up a Packer I suppose I'd be rooting for him because of him then being a Packer.

Does that make any sense? :D
It makes alot of sense!
And WELCOME to the site!!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is my take on the Moss issue, last year in trade he was under contract already and we had some leverage on him, IE.. no huge extended guaranteed money to roll out on him to see how he fit in Green Bay.

This time around, we would have to shell out a coffer full of guaranteed money over a couple of years to see how he would fit in Green Bay. To that, I say no thank you, even if he caught 23 TD's and was a somewhat model team player this year.

Again, no thanks, let someone else risk the 20 + million in "guaranteed" money to test the waters.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my take on the Moss issue, last year in trade he was under contract already and we had some leverage on him, IE.. no huge extended guaranteed money to roll out on him to see how he fit in Green Bay.

This time around, we would have to shell out a coffer full of guaranteed money over a couple of years to see how he would fit in Green Bay. To that, I say no thank you, even if he caught 23 TD's and was a somewhat model team player this year.

Again, no thanks, let someone else risk the 20 + million in "guaranteed" money to test the waters.

Total true. The other question is how many years do you expect Randy to play? How old is he? I'm not convinced he needs to play this game and you really don't need to shell out that kind of cash on this guy, not when there are plenty of good receivers to be had in the 3rd and 4th round.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He still can be a huge difference maker and would elevate the play of the entire offense, however, he also brings many negatives to the table and he will not come as cheaply as this past year(he will also be looking for more than a one year deal).

I think GB would be wise to again pass on obtaining his services.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer trading for Welker instead of simply signing Moss.

You think that's nonsense and not gonna happen? :)
TRUE!
But man, he almost carried the Pats by himself........
......and unfortunately has another 4 years on his contract.

Moss? :stop: No, thank you!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer trading for Welker instead of simply signing Moss.

You think that's nonsense and not gonna happen? :)
TRUE!
But man, he almost carried the Pats by himself........
......and unfortunately has another 4 years on his contract.

Moss? :stop: No, thank you!

I can't see NE getting rid of Welker, but we can always dream. ;)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
favre2driver said:
Randy Moss is gonna go to the Vikings. He said in an interview "I was drafted a Viking. I want to end a viking." He still has 4-5 more seasons but I think the Vikings have a shot at him.

Is this something new you have heard? I highly doubt he would want to go play with Jackson as his quarterback. Seems like repeating some of the same mistakes of his past.

If I had to bet money, I would say the Pats keep him if at all possible.

i think he got it wrong

http://www.vikingsnow.blogspot.com/

When he was in Minnesota, Moss said he wanted to retire as a Viking, but with possible free agency looming, he isn't looking to go anywhere.

"As a New England Patriot, I would love to finish my career (here),"

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that we do have greater needs, like Asante Samuel or Marcus Trufant.

But I'd be happy as pig in a neck-high slop pile if we did get a guy of his caliber.

You can argue about Jennings, Driver being better, but he's light years ahead of Jones, Robinson, and Ruvell. I couldn't say no to this guy.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
But I'd be happy as pig in a neck-high slop pile if we did get a guy of his caliber.
Unfortunatly, a guy of that "caliber" will probably blow up in your face.
He IS talented, there's no doubt about that. But he's also a putz. He behaved cause his team was winning........would he have been so well behaved had they NOT been winning? Past history would say "no".
But if the Packer brass said yes, and brought him here, i'd cheer for him. Until he gave ne a reason not to.

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steve Smith is a petulant ***** too.

He's calmed down A LOT in the last 2 seasons. They had an awesome interview with him with Bryant Gumble (I think!), where he talked about what's changed for him internally. Personally, I'd drop Martin in a second if it meant we could snag Steve Smith...

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer said:

He's calmed down A LOT in the last 2 seasons. They had an awesome interview with him with Bryant Gumble (I think!),

Did Bryant Gumbel know who he was talking to? Or did he call him "Rick" Moss. Did he know what team he played for? LOL

"Up next, Rick Moss from the Minnesota Patriots."

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eap33 said:
Hammer said:

He's calmed down A LOT in the last 2 seasons. They had an awesome interview with him with Bryant Gumble (I think!),

Did Bryant Gumbel know who he was talking to? Or did he call him "Rick" Moss. Did he know what team he played for? LOL

"Up next, Rick Moss from the Minnesota Patriots."

Oops!! It was on HBO (Inside the NFL) with Chris Carter.

Members online

Latest posts