Should There Be Post Game Handshakes?

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I don't know, should there be medal award ceremonies after Olympic events? Of course there should be. It is supposed to have at least something to do with sportsmanship, and if the game has nothing to do with sportsmanship then why do we have any penalties at all for unsportsmanlike conduct?
I think that it is important to keep sportsmanship in the "game" and therefore important to keep the formalities that embody sportsmanship: such as the handshake at the end of the game.

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely think there should be postgame handshakes. Showing respect and sportsmanship is important at all levels of sports. I think the better question is, should coaches be allowed to act like immature, p*$sed off teenagers after a game.... Judging by the lack of a fine, apparently, the NFL thinks they should be.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always thought it was a classy thing to do. It's a sign of respect, even for the losing teams. Not just the coaches do it, you often see the two QBs and other players shake hands and sometimes even hug after a game. I'm a fan of good sportsmanship. The fact that two teams can beat the hell out of one another one the field and then shake hands at the end says a lot.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't believe it should be a big deal. They've really blown the Harbaugh/Schwartz thing out of proportion. Yeah it was funny the first time but it got old after seeing it over all the highlights one day.

Back in the 80's this would not have been a big deal, just as you don't remember hearing about coaches that wouldn't shake hands. In 1986 or 1987 when Cleveland finally got their first ever win in Pittsburgh's Three River Stadium, Chuck Noll did not shake Marty Schotennhiemer's hand, he just walked off. That wasn't the big talk, the big talk was the scoreboard.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every summer I play amateur softball.
At the end of every single game, both teams line up on the field opposite of the other passing by each other high fiving and pretty much just saying "Good game" to each player.
If we do this in amateur competition, then why don't the pros do it too?
Every pro sport should do this with each other.

Reaction score
I don't really go for that "nice game' stuff. When I was younger and lived in Milwaukee, I always wanted dime beer day and bat day at the same time when we played the White Sox. (Brewers and White Sox were both American league at that time.)
Trapped

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts