Scab Ref still thinks he made the right call

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BallHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ballhawk I think you are just confused as to aspects of it?

From what I heard, he couldnt over turn the play based on the call made on the field..All he could over rule is if ball hit the ground,...Cant over rule what the ref called

The rulebook also states when a simultaneous catch is ruled, you can't review who made the catch. You can only review if it was complete or incomplete.

I don't know that in the ref's mind at the time of the catch, if he thought it was a simultaneous catch, or if Tate just caught it out right. You have to admit, almost everyone watching when it actually happened thought it was simultaneous. If you remember, the announcer was screaming simultaneous. Can you blame the ref for thinking what all the rest of us were thinking, considering the speed at which it was happening? And if what you say is true, that something like that can't be reversed, well, I guess you just have to accept it and move on,....like we Hawk fans did.;)

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BallHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I'll join in the fun.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that in the ref's mind at the time of the catch, if he thought it was a simultaneous catch, or if Tate just caught it out right. You have to admit, almost everyone watching when it actually happened thought it was simultaneous. If you remember, the announcer was screaming simultaneous. Can you blame the ref for thinking what all the rest of us were thinking, considering the speed at which it was happening? And if what you say is true, that something like that can't be reversed, well, I guess you just have to accept it and move on,....like we Hawk fans did.;)

CoachBo

Told Lombardi he was Ernest Borgnine at age 5
Reaction score
I can't believe this is even being debated.

There isn't anyone in the land with a shred of objectivity - important distinction here - who believes this play wasn't an interception.

The correct call is clear by rule, and it wasn't made.

Lance Easley, who isn't man enough to admit his mistake, and Seahawks fans are the only people who feel differently.

BallHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is pretty much what the ref saw, albeit at a much faster speed. Unless he had the power to freeze the action and inspect whose hands were where, he just had to make a judgement call, and I say that same call could have been made by the regular refs. Also notice how your #37 is doing his best Bill Laimbeer imitation..... Just kidding, but we all know that offensive PI calls are almost never called on a "Hail Mary" pass.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like an INT because it was. We wouldn't have gotten to see a "NFL" head coach dance around like a little girl after stealing a W though so I guess it was worth that.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is pretty much what the ref saw, albeit at a much faster speed. Unless he had the power to freeze the action and inspect whose hands were where, he just had to make a judgement call, and I say that same call could have been made by the regular refs. Also notice how your #37 is doing his best Bill Laimbeer imitation..... Just kidding, but we all know that offensive PI calls are almost never called on a "Hail Mary" pass.
I don't understand why your still here bringing up the same points over and over and over again.
Your a Hawks fan. You think it was a TD. We get that.
But your not going to convince even one Packers fan that it was.
Your team won the game on a bogus, BS call with a dirty cheating player who committed offense PI. (That's another thing that's pathetic: Taint had to resort to playing cheap to attempt possession even though he never had it.)
And that's the bottom line: Sea Hawks won. Not cleanly or fair and square.
They won and that's all that matters even though they won with that scab refs help.
Now what is wrong with that? A win is a win even if there is help from the scab refs.
Isn't that good enough?
With you bringing it up over and over again I'm guessing that you are somehow trying to convince more of yourself than us that the way it was won is OK.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing more pathetic than the call itself are the people who still try and justify it as a TD catch - at least Easley based his decision on the play at full speed from a distance, but alas he is still sticking by his guns after the fact, so he's just as bad as the rest of them. Those who continue to watch it from a million different angles and still can't see it was a clear INT are in serious denial or just don't know jack about the game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Nope I called it an int and while waiting for review I said they cant overturn it because of the ref called it Tates ball

The ref made a mistake that is all that happened.

His counterpart called it right however

cmc0605

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The video shows that M.D. Jennings caught the ball. Golden Tate caught M.D. Jennings. That's about as simultaneous as it gets...

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the Packers have the better looking unis and don't feel the need to change them as often as underwear.
LOL

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It was an interception. Called wrong. Once the next game is played people will remember this but it will not define the Packers season. Time to move on.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
You have to admit, almost everyone watching when it actually happened thought it was simultaneous.
At what point does this become trolling? This poster ignores direct responses to him and direct evidence which contradicts his posts. And then comes up the nonsense quoted above. “Almost everyone”? Apparently not even everyone in his house agreed with his extremely biased view.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This particular debate aside, Seattle fans are foolish if they think a rematch will be a favorable thing for their team. The Pack played pretty poorly in this game and STILL had the Hawks beat. So we don't really need our "A" game to beat the Seahawks. Again.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts