Scab Ref still thinks he made the right call

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know that in the ref's mind at the time of the catch, if he thought it was a simultaneous catch, or if Tate just caught it out right. You have to admit, almost everyone watching when it actually happened thought it was simultaneous. If you remember, the announcer was screaming simultaneous. Can you blame the ref for thinking what all the rest of us were thinking, considering the speed at which it was happening? And if what you say is true, that something like that can't be reversed, well, I guess you just have to accept it and move on,....like we Hawk fans did.;)

Anybody who thought it was a simultaneous catch is a moron. How can it be a simultaneous catch when the offensive player is underneath the defensive player? Tate essentially caught MD Jennings.

It was a horrible call in favor of your team. Admit it and accept the fact that the Seahawks were able to steal a game. The Seahawks will need to steal a few more if they keep losing to the Rams.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
It was an absolutely pathetic call, but I certainly hope none of those death threats are coming from Packer fans.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was an absolutely pathetic call, but I certainly hope none of those death threats are coming from Packer fans.
I have a hunch it was probably coming from mobsters or others who had lost money on the game.

H

HardRightEdge

I have a hunch it was probably coming from mobsters or others who had lost money on the game.

A buddy of mine who has been a serious gambler off and on for many years told me there was a bunch of money coming into Vegas in the two hours before the game, 75% on the Packers. The Fail Mary swung the point spread win from the Pack to SEA. Not sure what to make of that. One could let one's imagination run wild. I'll refrain.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, it would not surprise me if some were Packer fans. After all they didn't treat Dan Devine very well in his last year as coach in Green Bay.

Although death threats, wishing home forclosure or hoping the man lose's his job are all just childish no matter who does it.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Well, it would not surprise me if some were Packer fans. After all they didn't treat Dan Devine very well in his last year as coach in Green Bay.

I fear that you are correct, and that thought truly grieves me. It never ceases to amaze me how seriously some people take these types of things. I consider myself a die-hard fan, but that is way over the top. Of course, I am "old-school" and I don't even like to see teams try to win by injuring opposing players. I realize that injuries happen and that they are a part of the game, but they should never be the purpose and goal of the game as a means of winning.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That's a start.
Now we need that scab ref to get fired from his job at Bank of America or something else bad to happen to him but he won't be hurt. Like a foreclosure on his house would be nice.

According to this they have gotten death threats.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/171999601.html

well.....umm....

I was a US Marine, 5th award expert rifle shooter, range coach for my company.......I could make him go away from long distance......if needed......

j/k j/k j/k no death threat implied..........yet. lol

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people lost money on that game and they weren't just mobsters. In fact I know several and they aren't Packer fans. So while it could be Packer fans don't automatically assume so.

BallHawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like a lot of you have said, it's all water under the bridge now. You guys look like you're back on track after Sunday's win, and we look in disarray after tanking in St Louis. I still hope we meet in the playoffs. The hype would be off the charts. I'd like to come back for some friendly banter. Until then.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ Karma is indeed a b*tch, huh? lol.

Hope...HOPE...we see you in the playoffs now that we have somewhat more competant refs.....lol. Better win some more NFC games....you don't want to come to GB when it's cold.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I fear that you are correct, and that thought truly grieves me. It never ceases to amaze me how seriously some people take these types of things. I consider myself a die-hard fan, but that is way over the top. Of course, I am "old-school" and I don't even like to see teams try to win by injuring opposing players. I realize that injuries happen and that they are a part of the game, but they should never be the purpose and goal of the game as a means of winning.
All to often people forget it is just a game. This is not life and death. The Packers (or any team) winning or losing changes nothing in anyone's day to day living problems. Your wife/girlfriend won't love you any more or less, you boss won't give you a raise, and I know for a fact your dog don't give a damn. So to make death threats or any kind of threats against anyone involved in the game is childish beyond belief. That being said, there are always childish idiots that support every team and they come out of the woodwork when something like this happens. How we as fans deal with them says more about us than about them.

Joking about it ok, as long as people know it's a joke.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All to often people forget it is just a game. This is not life and death. The Packers (or any team) winning or losing changes nothing in anyone's day to day living problems. Your wife/girlfriend won't love you any more or less, you boss won't give you a raise, and I know for a fact your dog don't give a damn. So to make death threats or any kind of threats against anyone involved in the game is childish beyond belief. That being said, there are always childish idiots that support every team and they come out of the woodwork when something like this happens. How we as fans deal with them says more about us than about them.

Joking about it ok, as long as people know it's a joke.
I don't think anything bad will happen to him.
But if it did, I won't shed any tears or feel one way or the other.

We have to pick our battles.

But let's be real. The guy really was a moron who had no clue about what he was doing.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't think anything bad will happen to him.
But if it did, I won't shed any tears or feel one way or the other.

We have to pick our battles.

But let's be real. The guy really was a moron who had no clue about what he was doing.
In other words, one of Goodell's hand picked guys!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like a lot of you have said, it's all water under the bridge now. You guys look like you're back on track after Sunday's win, and we look in disarray after tanking in St Louis. I still hope we meet in the playoffs. The hype would be off the charts. I'd like to come back for some friendly banter. Until then.

No reason to leave?

Always good to have an opposing fan hang around

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts