San Diego Tailgate Information - Its Go Time

chessehead4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 of us are coming down from LA. Will be bringing lots of beer and Packer swagger! Count us in on the tailgate. Look forward to meeting all you fellow cheeseheads.

CM3ismyhomeboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys! new to the forum, but just want to say I'll be making the trip from San Fernando Valley area all by my lonesome (friend had to bail) and I cannot wait to meet up and party until kickoff! I'll bring some beer for myself as well as extra $ to help out with the expenses of the festivities. I'll rock my 52 for a while but I'm going into the stadium with a Packers poncho that I got in Mexico over the summer, SO STOKED! See you all sunday

River918

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you heard anything about the trolley being down due to repairs around the Gas Lamp district? I think we'll have to catch a cab up to Old Town and trolley in from there.

Should be able to take the blue line to the green, or go the opposite way and take the yellow to the green. Here's the route info:

http://www.sdmts.com/Trolley/Trolley.asp

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks to all who are organizing this awesome tailgate! Looking forward to a SUNNY weekend after leaving cold, rainy Wisconsin today.

Hate to burst your bubble but there is a 40% chance of rain. Just saw it on weather.com (zip for stadium is 92108) But, IF it rains, it's "California rain" NOTHING to worry about, for you Wisconsin natives. :cool:

Socal Sheboyganite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys! Sorry for the late post, but I would love to join the party! Grew up in Wisconsin (Frederic,Oconto and Sheboygan) and living in SoCal since 2005. I will be driving down from Seal Beach. It will be just my self unfortunately, my outer state Packer buddy/wife from Georgia who have planned to attend this game cannot make it due to a funeral. I've been waiting for the Pack to come around again since they were here for the last preseason game few years ago. Its awesome you guys are putting this together. I will be more then willing to donate . Cant wait!

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Ok Right now a 40% chance of shower but won't have the hour by hour if it rains at all. Sat shows sunny and monday shows sunny so news tonight should give a good picture. I higly doubt it will rain since I just ordered a couple of Packer Poncho's and had them sent next day. This was my way of counter acting the Charger Vodoo that would try to bring rain to our taigate. The therory being, since I spent 40 bucks on it. It will not rain.

But hey Even if we do have a few little So Cal showers I till not dampen us. We are going to Party and Celebrate. Qualcomm will not have seen a gathering of Packer fans like this since Super Bowl XXXII and we are goint to make our presence known.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Local weather stations are mixed on the forecast but detailed ones are saying rain moving in late sunday night. See I told you if I spent that money on the Ponchos it wasn't going to rain.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'm concerned that kick-off is too soon this day and I won't have time to make my way over to the Forum Extragavansa. Do you folks think you'll partying after the game also, celebrating the victory?
GBG I will be hanging out after the game. I am hoping some other people come back over to celebrate with us. If your taking the Trolley in it is a mess trying to get out so you might as well come back over and hang out, celebrate the victory and say goodbye.
Who's in?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBG I will be hanging out after the game. I am hoping some other people come back over to celebrate with us. If your taking the Trolley in it is a mess trying to get out so you might as well come back over and hang out, celebrate the victory and say goodbye.
Who's in?

Real, you are correct, sir. Taking the trolley after the game is HORRIBLE!!!! Have a couple brewskies, and shoot the breeze while trolley rush dies down.

dw382003

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok yall... My first away game with three pals. We busting up San Diego, CA. Bringing some HUGE packer fanaticism. This sounds like the crazy packer party that we need to endeer. Count us in. MAN o MAN I love brats and beer. What we need to bring? Not from here, so I dont know way around. Let me know... F4 rt?

tiffyanne1803

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's in?
We are in for hanging out after the game! I am not going to fight the trolley lines!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I need a video of this. It will be great to see the look on the Chargers fans faces when they see this gathering in their parking lot lol.

I dunno if I saw it in this thread but also seen something about a pep rally the night before.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring your:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And SPREAD THIS info for all the Cheeseheads that will be there:
Don't start chanting the GO PACK GO until the Chargers have the football on their offense!
It will create the noise from the Chargers fans when their QB can't hear as a result.

Everyone spread this news via twitter and whatever other way you can.
Believe it or not, some Packer fans don't understand this and they start chanting this on the road when Rodgers and the Packers have the ball.... and it gets loud and louder and the home fans make more noise to drown us out.

Reaction score
Important article to read:

http://www.chargers.com/news/press-...ers-game/558d7689-3c83-44c2-852a-994d61ef7832

Tickets purchased from secondary sources often can be fraudulent or counterfeit tickets. Counterfeit tickets often look so real that fans don’t find the ticket has been duplicated or is counterfeit until they try to enter the stadium. Tickets to Sunday’s game were offered only by the Chargers as part of full or mini-season ticket plans through the Chargers ticket office.
Ugh! I am a little nervous now.

Wills29

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are just using scare tactics. Not every person on the Internet sell fraudulent tickets in the secondary market.

The Chargers already know that there is going to be a ton of us looking to take the stadium over so I agree with your statement about it being a scare tactic.

Members online

Latest posts