Safety at 30?

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hockensen or a stud DL at 12 to pair with Clark and Daniels

What safety is at #30?

I feel confident we can develop a 4th or 5th rounder into a stud OL ala Lang, Tretter, Sitton

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hockensen or a stud DL at 12 to pair with Clark and Daniels

What safety is at #30?

I feel confident we can develop a 4th or 5th rounder into a stud OL ala Lang, Tretter, Sitton

There is no safety worth taking in the first round. There are however about 5 or 6 worth taking in rounds 2 thru 4

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd be ok if Juan Thornhill is taken at #30. I like him best at #44, but you also don't want to pass on great players who also fit a huge need because you heard a few people say they should go later. You then will lose him. Stick to your board.

If Gute has Thornhill rated high like I do then I'd be happy with the pick at 30. Best safety in the draft, hands down.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
There is endless safety discussion in that other thread you made.

Reaction score
You remind me of this guy my wife talks about. Every time they have a work related meeting he sais
“Time to go to our beating” instead of meeting. Lol Nice

hahaha accurate. To quote Office Space: "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahaha accurate. To quote Office Space: "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."
Wow, that's messed up.

Reaction score
So I guess you could say “Today is the first day of the rest of the worst days of my life”
it’s got a positive spin to start out on a negative outlook. Perplexing yet refreshing at the same time :laugh:
I was listening to an interview of Abram’s version of recently being interviewed by Belichik. He turned the interview around and started interviewing Bill because he was so intrigued with his take on the position. He said he had Bilichik laughing by the end of the interview and Bill was impressed with him. That kinda surprised him because he always saw Bill as so serious. They apparently hit it off pretty well anyway and Abram listed it as his favorite interview thus far and said Bill kept it light.
However NE would have to trade up to get him because he ain’t gonna be there past our #44. GB is going to pick him first :tup:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...johnathan-abram-is-a-strong-safety-in-the-nfl
Once again, Josh Jones has the athleticm to put on 15 pounds and he’d make excellent coverage ILB next to Martinez. At 6’1 235-240 he’s still going to be a sub 4.5 guy and he’s already strong enough to shed blocks and engage ball carriers and yet quick enough to blanket guys with physicality in that 5 yard range off the LOS.
His traits match him with a ball carrier attacking LB (Think Bengals game) and punishing tackler, not so much being patient and waiting for a potential play to happen with instincts. He’s the opposite of instincts he’s a smasher.

Last edited:

wist43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there's a lot of round 2-3 Safety depth in this draft; so, unless they just like a guy a tier or two above all the others, I think it makes sense to wait until pick 44 or even the 3rd round.

They're said to be in love with NKeal Harry, so he could very well be the pick at 30. If they think he'll be gone by 30, I could see them packaging the 30th pick with a 4th to move up to get him.

At 44 and the 3rd round, you might still have the following Safeties available:

Thornburg
Adderley
Gardner-Johnson
Savage
Rapp

More than 1 of those guys will be there at 44, a couple may still be there in the 3rd.