S.I.'s sleeper prediction

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I read that with a little bit of a jaded eye cause they were talking the same SB blather at the end of Preseason and look how the team underperformed.
Yeah, our D seems to finally solidified and that is GREAT news. But as much as I hate to admit it, we really have had an easy schedule so far like the Vikes.

Nice GB is getting some love though, but I bet that writer is a GB fan. ROFL

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reads quite easily, but I've promised myself I will remain steadfast in my refusal to buy into any hype until this season has come and gone. This team has been to up and down for my tastes. I do like the fact that it appears Kampman was hindering the defense and we haven't lost much with Harris being gone.

I expect a 12-4 record and Minnesota probably winning the division with a 12-4 record because they handed it to us twice. However, Minnesota has BRUTAL pass defense matchups the last three weeks they face 6, 7 and 8 - so if the O-line continues to struggle opening running lanes, it isn't plausible that Brett can do it all by himself for 4 more games. I do think they crush the Bungles this week, but the last three are tough.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Reads quite easily, but I've promised myself I will remain steadfast in my refusal to buy into any hype until this season has come and gone. This team has been to up and down for my tastes. I do like the fact that it appears Kampman was hindering the defense and we haven't lost much with Harris being gone.

I expect a 12-4 record and Minnesota probably winning the division with a 12-4 record because they handed it to us twice. However, Minnesota has BRUTAL pass defense matchups the last three weeks they face 6, 7 and 8 - so if the O-line continues to struggle opening running lanes, it isn't plausible that Brett can do it all by himself for 4 more games. I do think they crush the Bungles this week, but the last three are tough.

I disagree, I dont not see a crushing I see MAYBE a win for the Viks..Cinncy brings somethings that Arizona did to the game, solid running, solid passing and good defense..

If anything this game being at the dome is helping the Viks in Cinncy I would say they lose

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I............ agree?! That feels weird.

We all got really high on this team during the preseason when they looked like the 07 Pats on steroids. That was probably a mistake. I do like what i'm seeing right now, I do think we're playing well, but i'm not buying into anymore hype.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This talk certainly makes me happy, and I'm trying hard not to get over excited. I just have this feeling that this team is out to do something special.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would bet my life that they dont finish 12-4, both of them. The viks at the worst finish 13-3 and the pack at best finish 11-5. They will get winfiled back and that will help there pass d as well as there pass rush. Don't forget that Winfield being out has hurt them. But if he ever returns I do believe that they will solidify the d and get back on track. The packers wont beat Pitt and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to chicago, although they should win it. I If arizona has anything to paly for, the pack will have a very tough game on their hands

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the article inspires so many hype as you all seem to read...

I think it's point is that we "could" be a SLEEPER, and that teams should consider us as a very dangerous team, all points which I feel are sober enough...

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the article inspires so many hype as you all seem to read...

I think it's point is that we "could" be a SLEEPER, and that teams should consider us as a very dangerous team, all points which I feel are sober enough...

Out of all the teams that are in the playoff hunt, I would say that it isnt a bad article as the pack are playing good ball right now. As much as they are ******** up what I want to have happen, they are making it interesting and more fun. At least the banter between fans will be a little more light hearted now that GB is giving hope.
But I would put SD in front as a sleeper right now. Imo they are going to represent the AFC this year. NE not being what they were and the fact that SD has had the Colts number the last two years makes me think they are the real team to beat come playoff time.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just have this feeling that this team is out to do something special.

If this were any other year, I'd have the same feeling. However, along with the "feeling", I also have the thoughts of waiting for the other shoe to drop, which is never a good thing.

Arizona proved you don't have to be a rushing juggernaut to make the big dance, and that's really the only weakness I see from the Packers offense. The only other area of concern IMHO is the way the O-line can get manhandled, but only by serious D-lines and really, only Minnesota fits this bill. Take away the two Minny games and Rodgers sack numbers don't appear to be that bad.

It's tough bidness to prognosticate the NFC in 2009. From what we know now, really only Minnesota appears to be the only team I'd worry about Green Bay having to face in the playoffs. Some will argue this, but really Minnesota has proven that they force Green Bay to play Minny's style. Green Bay's D is better than New Orleans and their offense nearly as formidable, so at this point, it appears Minny is the only team standing in Green Bay's way. Imagine a Green Bay/Minnesota NFCCG - it would be wild.

Again, what might make the division end up being interesting is Minnesota's failure to run the ball consistently. The pass D rankings for the Minny's final four are: 12-6-9-7. So, the days of Favre passing to set up the run are pretty near over.

It's gonna be a wild finish in the North.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Arizona proved you don't have to be a rushing juggernaut to make the big dance, and that's really the only weakness I see from the Packers offense. The only other area of concern IMHO is the way the O-line can get manhandled, but only by serious D-lines and really, only Minnesota fits this bill. Take away the two Minny games and Rodgers sack numbers don't appear to be that bad.

At 1st glance I would agree with that....

But I do know Ryan is in top 10 so made me go look it up

As a TEAM they are 13th, ahead of

Pitt, Atlanta, NE, Baltimore and Philly

but what hurts them is that they cant seem to score rushing it, only 9 tds

So while it appears they can run if they want and have it serviceable, trouble is it doesnt seem like they can command respect doing it..

If you would have said that, then I would have agreed

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Honestly, it feels good to see some outsiders give (what I think are) objective opinions on our team. If they see something in this team, then, for now, I see something in this team.

Instinctively, I want to doubt our team, and I continually see that most everyone here feels the same. Honestly, though, it's refreshing to see things like this in the news.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's good to get the love from the writers, but the Packers have tough road over the next four weeks. They have to keep their focus on the game on front of them. That lapse that happened earlier this season against Tampa Bay worries me. The team absolutely can't afford another letdown like that.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people keep crowning the vikings as the champs? The only crown they have the odds of winning are the division and thats it. They have to win 2 more games or the Pack loses 2 more. After that its team against team, you win you move on. All the stats and standings mean nothing once the ball is kicked.

The GREEN BAY PACKERS are a completely different team since they last played the vikings. Just look at the O-Line. Barbre was starting right tackle (not Tauscher), Spitz played guard/center (not Wells), Colledge at left tackle and Lang was barely in the picture just starting to play. Clifton was already injury prone at that time. What a mess, I am surprised we were able to accomplish anything on offense.

MM and A-rod call and play the game differently now. The 7 step drops have finally ended and have learned to play within the abilities of the O-line and expand as the O-line has gotten better. A-rod has a better internal clock and pocket presence. At this point we might be able to take a 7 step drop once in awhile, could not early in the season.

Another fact that we will have once he gets into football shape is A. Green. A veteran running back who can run that screen play like no-one else. I think they tried to bring him in too fast and are being smart with him. His playing time will increase the closer we get to the playoffs. He is older, but will have fresh legs.

J. Finnely, enough said

On the defensive side of the ball we were still making the transformation. Barnett was still not at 100%, Hawk had not bought into the system or the coaches had not bought into Hawk, Mathews has improved to be the Defensive player of the Week, the answer to the Kampman experiment has been answered, and Raji was barely playing with a hurt leg. We had injury plagued safety position that had TT grabbing every available body trying to fill that position, remember the Woodson comments after the game that shocked the Packer Nation. Now Collins and Bigby are healthy and the defense is clicking.

With these few minor, insignificant, and barely worth while to mention changes that have occurred to the Packers since first half of the season, people still believe the Pack is not worthy a opponent. IMO the Pack has just as good a chance as anybody else at this point. We finish strong, 12-4 oh ya.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"us"?

I don't think so, *****. You are NOT a Packers fan.

Members online

Latest posts