Rodgers is talking now!

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers seems a bit edgy in the interview but I suppose that should be expected.

I was suprised to hear him say that the only people that he's playing for is the team (the fans should be right up ther IMO). Makes one wonder if he's been getting some flack in GB and elsewhere. He also stated that he believes that most people are expecting him to fail, and then corrected it with "hoping". I haven't heard that at all but he didn't clarify whether that meant everyone in general or included Packer fans. The reporter missed a good follow-up question there.

Some other good interviews here as well.

Packers.com

Profizzle99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it is a huge change to be in the spotlight where Favre once was. Also he really had "speaking experience." I think he is just nervous as most people would be and he just forgot to say some things. I would give the guy some breathing room he is only in Mini-Camp and I did not expect him to say everything either.
I also think the reporter was an A-Hole, what does he expect Rodgers to say "how does it feel to be in front of these cameras." There is so much pressure on this guy and on top of that he has to answer all these questions.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looks like a QB.
"Let me get some MVPs and some Superbowls."
I like it.

Thanks for the heads up.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I saw that today, I just started getting pumped for Rodgers. I love his leave me alone attitude. Is it August yet?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard his father was on some Packers boards and saw a lot of people expected him to fail. I wonder if he came here. I think more or less, we've been supportive of him.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard his father was on some Packers boards and saw a lot of people expected him to fail. I wonder if he came here. I think more or less, we've been supportive of him.

If you're out there Mr. Rodgers. C'mon in and let's talk Aaron.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
watch all those interviews... all of them are good.

james jones has a cameo with greg jennings.

does anyone else think that Rodgers with that long hair looks like a linebacker from 1983.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow those reporters are jackals. It was like 1 or 2 football questions, then Favre time. My favorite was how he talked about celebrity golf tourny pairings and how he likes playing with boller and carr who they paired him up with, and the reporter went "So you don't want to get paired with Favre?" trying to stir the pot, but he squashed it saying he would "love to."

He handled it well. Not a lot of real football talk. Mostly him saying how he is ready to work, wants to work, wants to "take care of business" and what else can you ask.

I don't think I could handle those reporters. Their intentions are shady. Most players don't have to put up with that nonsense.

----edit------

JORDY NELSON
- I like how in his interview he said Driver and Jennings went up and talked to the young WRs right away. Jordy liked that and said "It's about football here." Yes it is.

BRADY POPPINGA
- Is a mormon philsopher. It's so odd.

AARON KAMPMAN
- He seems like the leader of the team. He has a way about him. I want to make babies with him.

AJ HAWK
- Looks like the toxic avenger.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

RYAN GRANT
- I got the feeling he's getting a new contract soon. All they asked were contract questions, which seemed to annoy him. All he kept saying was that he was there, ready to work out, wants to be part of the team. He also says he's a leader of the team, which I'm not sure about.

DONALD DRIVER
- Said nothing changes with Rodgers as QB. The plays stay the same, the cadence is the same, the only thing different is the face. That says a lot about Driver's confidence in him, unconsciously comparing him to Favre's talents.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone of those is frickin sweet. I love our team.

i know im just sittin here watching it gettin all giddy. its like the first fix of the season.

Trom.

i agree that kampman seems like the guy in charge now. cool way about him. and hes a freakin beast man.

Brady Popp: definetly a psycho.

and i freakin loved how Donald was gettin upset that the reporter even thought about saying Arodg might be a little downgrade from Favre. like the reporter was crazy. defending eachother. i love this team

Reaction score
and i freakin loved how Donald was gettin upset that the reporter even thought about saying Arodg might be a little downgrade from Favre. like the reporter was crazy. defending eachother. i love this team

That was awesome, especially when Donald flat out told the reporter that just because Rodgers hasn't been a starter doesn't mean he is inexperienced, and made the parallel between how Donald himself started well after his rookie season too.

It was also fun watching Greg talking some smack to James Jones during Jones' interview. The reporter asked Jones 'what do you tell the young guys?" and as James is responding, Greg comes in and says "what you mean, you are a young guy"... that made me lol, and then seeing Greg in the tight green shirt made me realize not only was Superman based off of Greg Jennings, but so was the Green Lantern. I did not know that.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg calling Jones a young guy. Isn't this upcoming season only going to be Greg's 3rd year?

Javon who?

Honestly this team is loaded with young(yet experienced) talent.

Jamie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Aaron handled himself pretty well. I am definitely looking forward to this season. At Fan Fest I was in line for Aarron's autograph with my wife and two daughters and a TV reporter asked if Aaron had our support. My seven year old daughter said "Dad that was a dumb question, he is our quarterback now." I just said exactly honey, that was a dumb question. I think he is spot on with saying people are hoping he fails. I for one hope and believe he will do just fine.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At Fan Fest I was in line for Aarron's autograph with my wife and two daughters and a TV reporter asked if Aaron had our support. My seven year old daughter said "Dad that was a dumb question, he is our quarterback now." I just said exactly honey, that was a dumb question. I think he is spot on with saying people are hoping he fails. I for one hope and believe he will do just fine.
Funny how kids are sometimes(a lot of times) smarter than adults. Yes, a very dumb question. If Rodgers fails that means the Packers fail. Any true Packer fan doesn't want that to happen.

I hope Rodgers kicks *** so these reporters will have to change their tune, and the types of questions they ask. I would hate to have to deal with those morons every week. No wonder Favre cut back last year to about every other week.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course there are some people who hope Rodgers fails, but I think he realizes that the vast majority of fans are behind him. Rodgers is just playing the "nobody respected us" line that seems to be highly motivating for athletes. If it works for him, I'm fine with it.

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm impressed with the way Rodgers has handled all the reporters so far.

I think a line in his interview yesterday, where he says "what do you want me to say" shows that while he is frustrated with all the questions revolving around Brett, he is answering them in a way that really doesn't give the writers a news story they are searching for.

I still think it'll be a year before Rodgers really steps out of Brett's shadow, I just hope the Brett questions that Aaron is asked will decrease as the season goes on.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
and then seeing Greg in the tight green shirt made me realize not only was Superman based off of Greg Jennings, but so was the Green Lantern. I did not know that.

Don't forget Green Arrow too. He's based off of Gregorious Jennings. Gregorious was #1 in the world 3 years in a row with a bow.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Aaron's growing his hair to be buddies w/AJ Hawk.

Yeah Aaron's got a fire to him, and we'll see that in years to come.

Not a "game managing" QB at all. TRUST ME.

He's every bit a QB assassin as they come.