Really hate the Pats

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, I don't think I've started a thread here before, and when I did, the computer showed me a couple of similarly titled previous efforts. However, since they both date from eight years ago, I wouldn't say this is piling on. :)

I didn't watch the game last night, and just came across this article http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hite-becomes-patriots-latest-unsung-playmaker
as I was bouncing around sites today.

I'm really getting tired of the decade-and-a-half of the Pats just hitching up their belts and plowing forward. Even losing Brady for a year didn't slow them down appreciably. I relished the folks who hated the Pack in the '60s, and now I really, really understand the "it's just not fair" contention.

Every year, my first goal is for NE to lose one, so they won't be the team to mess with the old Dolphins, and even that one is still hanging. Last year, I didn't even watch the SB because it was a toss-up between a Seahawk repeat and a Patriot extension.

This might be relegated to a different part of the site, but the reason it might fit is because of the question of why, except for the fairy-tale 2010 season, can't the Packers do what the Pats do?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually respect what the Pats have done, but this year they haven't won anything yet. They're good, but I see no reason why a handful of teams, including the Packers couldn't beat them leading up to or in the big game. They are the ultimate team in mentality and execution. They have their stars that help, especially Brady and Gronk, but they are a team in the end and I think that mentality is so ingrained, that everyone lines up and does their job or they'll be gone and someone else is chomping at the bit to take their place and they know it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This might be relegated to a different part of the site, but the reason it might fit is because of the question of why, except for the fairy-tale 2010 season, can't the Packers do what the Pats do?
William Stephen "Bill" Belichick. Why were the 1960s Packers the envy of the league? Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...why, except for the fairy-tale 2010 season, can't the Packers do what the Pats do?
Because they don't have Belichik. While I despise most things about the man, it doesn't diminish the notion that he likely will be considered one of the top NFL coaches of all time. Rodgers is an amazing QB but I still don't think that he's a winner like Bart Starr was or Tom Brady is. Those guys find ways to win games. I'm not disparaging MM or Aaron Rodgers as they are both great. However, Belichik and Brady are perhaps two of the greatest of all time.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Call me a homer, but I don't pay a ton of attention to other teams with much detail. But its hard to avoid the fact that the Patriots seem to win no matter the circumstances, including injuries and scandals. Just like the Packers, a lot of this has to do with a FHOF QB behind center. More importantly, as TJV points out, Belichick I think will eventually go down as one of the top coaches of all time. As much as we all would like to think they are doing it with smoke and mirrors as well as hidden cameras and deflating needles, the Patriots and their organization deserve a lot of credit for what they have accomplished in becoming the most consistent winning team in recent memory.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bellichick is actually loved and highly thought of out of the spotlight.
I've read several articles praising him, how he 's such a great and loyal friend, and unlike his press conferences, very personable and with a great sense of humor.
Also read something about how when an obscure man died some years back , only 4 people attended his funeral on a rainy day. Bellichick was one of them.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
First, I don't think I've started a thread here before, and when I did, the computer showed me a couple of similarly titled previous efforts. However, since they both date from eight years ago, I wouldn't say this is piling on. :)

I didn't watch the game last night, and just came across this article http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hite-becomes-patriots-latest-unsung-playmaker
as I was bouncing around sites today.

I'm really getting tired of the decade-and-a-half of the Pats just hitching up their belts and plowing forward. Even losing Brady for a year didn't slow them down appreciably. I relished the folks who hated the Pack in the '60s, and now I really, really understand the "it's just not fair" contention.

Every year, my first goal is for NE to lose one, so they won't be the team to mess with the old Dolphins, and even that one is still hanging. Last year, I didn't even watch the SB because it was a toss-up between a Seahawk repeat and a Patriot extension.

Kudos to you for looking at what other threads dealt with the topic before launching a new one. You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir. :tup: And while I am actually very jealous of the Patriots' success (which causes me to want to hate them), I have to admire their continuity and ability to win.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers were on their way to upsetting the Pats last year, and should have. They had done it once and would do it again the way they were playing. Just one mistake between us and the promised land. But I'll go off on a rant and say just how much I dislike the Panthers. I can't tell you how hard it is to be a Packer fan in SC,NC when you have a bunch of bandwagon Panthers fans around that swear they are the real deal when we are the hardest team they have faced all season. I sincerely hope they fall on their face in the playoffs, by our hand or by someone else. I think all this mostly stems from my dislike of Newton, maybe a good player but his character is extremely lacking. My wife worked in the hotels of Charlotte and, with her own eyes, has seen Newton turn down numerous kids for autographs and generally acted as if he is above all. No one will ever convince me his generosity towards kids is genuine, I just think he has a really good publicist.
But on the same note, I could be wrong and if I am please enlighten me.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would suspect that Scam Newton was a very immature young man in the NFL who has done some growing up. It took me until my 30s, or so I'm told

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see where even at 26 there might be some growing to do, but even now with stealing someone's sign and tearing it up..just seems like a little kid that cries when he doesn't get his way. On top of that isn't even mature enough to be open minded and think that maybe what he did was wrong. No apology, just some ridiculous analogy to a McDonald's burger or something. Even worse is that Rivera seems to back his bad behavior. Just couldn't respect a team that can't admit when their wrong on or off the field.