Question: How much do you think our WR's will be effected?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Cal's defense, there did seem to be a lot of "we're screwed if Favre retires" sentiment. I think the only real worry I have with Rodgers is comparing his health to Favre's. Other than that, Rodgers will be fine. You can say we haven't seen enough of him all day long but I went back and watched his college (plenty on Youtube), plus the preseason and of course we all watched the Cows game.

Plus, we're going to be more of a running team. MM said last season a perfect game for him is 50+ rushes. You notice that he tried last season to make the running game work? I think this season, he'll try even harder. If it does, it will take a lot of pressure off of Rodgers.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read a couple post where someone said the gap from rodgers to favre was closing. well I have to disagree and I don't know how anyone could say that just yet. When has rodgers showed he has closed the gap other than in practice maybe? he hasn't and if you throw the cowboys game out there thats not enough. Not saying he was or was not but lets not say that the gap was closing because we don't know that and we never will.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure we can all imagine the ways in which Rodgers will struggle in keeping up with Favre's production, namely toughness, experience, and his ability to complete some magic throws. One thing I noticed watching that Dallas youtube clip was that Rodgers really gives the offense a sharp rhythm. He releases the ball quick, he tends to hit receivers a shade earlier than Favre, and he's just younger and more energetic.
The look of the offense may not change much, but the "feel" of it will, I'm willing to bet.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Question: How much do you think our WR's will be effecte

Read a couple post where someone said the gap from rodgers to favre was closing. well I have to disagree and I don't know how anyone could say that just yet. When has rodgers showed he has closed the gap other than in practice maybe? he hasn't and if you throw the cowboys game out there thats not enough. Not saying he was or was not but lets not say that the gap was closing because we don't know that and we never will.

TT & MM are building a team that doesn't live and die by the QB's performance. Yes, the QB is still the most important position in the game, but we won't be living and dying by the QB.

We'll be fine with Rodgers. We'll be watching a lot more Grant, Jackson, and Wynn, and apparently Morency since he just got signed for almost a million. Don't be surprised if we're a run first team in '08.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Question: How much do you think our WR's will be effecte

Of course i'm HOPING that Rodgers does great! That means the Packers will be great.
It's just a 95% unknown right now. ONLY time will tell.