ProBowl resumes

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Besides Rodgers, who appears a lock, which other players are building ProBowl caliber resumes at the halfway point of the season? This, of course, assumes continuing at the same level and barring injuries.
Lacy is running at ROY level and seems to be a valid candidate.
Hawk is finally playing up to #5 draft pick caliber and seems to have played his way into the discussion.
Jordy has a tough crowd to overcome but he is not shirking.
Mason is putting up numbers but I'd rather see him get more XP's and fewer FG's. He is a longshot.
Sitton may get there based on past recognition. I do not know enough about line play to judge him.
Finley was having a fine season but the neck injury stopped that.
Clay may also make it on name recognition but I don't think he has the stats to back it up this year unless he returns real soon.
I'd love to see Jolly make it. He'd be a great story but he is a cog on the line and doesn't have the stats either. Maybe comeback player is in reach.
The stat issue in regards to turnovers will probably keep all the DB's out of the discussion. Passes defensed are not as **** as picks.
I do not see any one else on the roster with the name or stats to warrant inclusion at this point.

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there will ultimately be any Packers in the Pro Bowl. They'll be busy elsewhere.

But that aside, the number of injuries we've had is going to limit the number pretty drastically. Rodgers is in and I anticipate Jordy having strong enough numbers where he might only be behind C. Johnson by the end of the season in the WR categories.

E. Lacy will end up with very good rookie numbers but it's pretty much a pipe dream to think he'll make it in over bigger name vets like Peterson, McCoy, Lynch and even Gore who are all having good seasons.

Sitton will make it because of inertia from the voters when it comes to the offensive line, but it wouldn't be undeserving based on how well the O-Line has run blocked this season. Crosby has a really good shot at the moment because the Pro Bowler kicker is usually just the guy who made the most field goals with a decent percentage and he's been fairly accurate thus far this season. A.J. Hawk is probably the only defensive player we have that can be deemed deserving of it right now but it's really hard to see him getting in over L. Kuechly or N. Bowman. At best, I think he can hope for an alternative selection.

I think 3-4 guys and maybe an alternate selection or two is about all you could expect.