McDuffie - 57.9
Wooden - 58.7

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the game again today over lunch and truth be told that may have very well been Rudy Ford's cleanest game in his career. We get that type of play out of him, this defense could continue to hold teams to lower scores and safety is a little stronger, still weak, but stronger.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Surprised with Gary's grade. Three sacks in 23 snaps is pretty impressive to me.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apologies late this week - forgot to do yesterday:

BEST OFFENSE

Doubs - 73.8
Walker - 73.2
Tom - 68.7
Wicks - 65.3
Love - 63.9

WORST OFFENSE

Deguara - 41.0
Runyan - 48.3
Newman 50.1
Kraft - 50.4
Heath - 53.3

BEST DEFENSE

Rudy Ford - 88.2
Campbell - 79.3
Gary - 77.8
Douglas - 75.7
Nixon - 74.2

WORST DEFENSE

Quay - 43.6
Valentine - 52.7
Hollins - 56.6
McDuffie - 57.9
Wooden - 58.7
Walker 73. That surprises me. Was he that good?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker was as good at LT as Yosh played it a year ago for us at times. Surprisingly serviceable honestly

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker 73. That surprises me. Was he that good?
Did you hear his name during the broadcast?

I think that in each game this season, Love has been hit three times and sacked once. That's pretty good for a line that only had its starters once and was missing three of them at the end of the Saints game.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our pass pro has been SOLID, our run blocking….I don’t want to talk about it.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think that in each game this season, Love has been hit three times and sacked once. That's pretty good for a line that only had its starters once and was missing three of them at the end of the Saints game.
We did not face very good pass rushing so far. But our running game has been lackluster if you subtract Love. And a number if penalties are on the O Line. It also appears that our left pitches are getting swallowed up. Maybe it is the other 4. Maybe it is the TEs. But if he is that good run heavily over LT.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I did not hear the game. I was at it on the Packer side of the field. And we were getting blown up in the run game consistently.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a first-time starter this season. You are absolutely right, he is not Bahktiari excelling in all phases. However, he isn't giving up sacks right now and has room to improve in the run game much like the rest of the O-line.

Here is a decent article that I just found about how Rasheed is doing so far: https://packerswire.usatoday.com/20...-holding-up-well-in-david-bakhtiaris-absence/

Bakh isn't a premiere run blocker - really only in game knock to him there is.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
PFF was instrumental in mainstreaming the reality that QB pressure can and does include more than sacks. QB hits and hurries are important aspects of QB disruption. But I think they've gone too far to the point that they treat sacks and other pressures as too comparable, too close in value, and that's reflected in their grading.

They make the case that sacks are not a stable, predictable outcomes and so QB pressure is a better indicator of who the best pass rushers and pass rushing teams are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that pressures are anywhere close to as valuable as a sack. And actually closing the deal and sacking a QB is partially attributable to skill. We have all seen players who produce pressure but aren't good at getting a QB on the ground (e.g. Brandon Graham-- average of 5.4 sacks/season over his career).

In any given season, offensive drives that include a sack fail at a rate of around 80%. By PFF's own numbers, a hit or hurry is worth -0.3 Expected Points Added, while a sack is worth -1.9 (over 6 times the value). But I don't think this difference is properly factored into their grades. A player with three sacks should have a super high grade unless they were just total gimme's.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFF was instrumental in mainstreaming the reality that QB pressure can and does include more than sacks. QB hits and hurries are important aspects of QB disruption. But I think they've gone too far to the point that they treat sacks and other pressures as too comparable, too close in value, and that's reflected in their grading.

They make the case that sacks are not a stable, predictable outcomes and so QB pressure is a better indicator of who the best pass rushers and pass rushing teams are. That's true, but that doesn't mean that pressures are anywhere close to as valuable as a sack. And actually closing the deal and sacking a QB is partially attributable to skill. We have all seen players who produce pressure but aren't good at getting a QB on the ground (e.g. Brandon Graham-- average of 5.4 sacks/season over his career).

In any given season, offensive drives that include a sack fail at a rate of around 80%. By PFF's own numbers, a hit or hurry is worth -0.3 Expected Points Added, while a sack is worth -1.9 (over 6 times the value). But I don't think this difference is properly factored into their grades. A player with three sacks should have a super high grade unless they were just total gimme's.

Absolutely!