Packers Uniforms and Ron Wolf

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PACKERS to have a 3rd jersey......

I read on the site that there have a 3rd jersey installed at the begining of the 2010 season. Any of you know wich one it is???

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

my guess would be these. but im not for sure obviously and we wont know until friday

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will find out @ fan fest this weekend. I'm curious if they will have jerseys for sale already this weekend. The one I read the most about is the "Blood McNally" jersey with the number in the circle with the brown helmets.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do believe that Earl Lambeau picked the original blue and gold after his college days in Notre Dame.. Maybe i could be mistaken though.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just found this interesting blog about the history of the Packers' uniforms and how Ron Wolf almost decided to change them in 1993. Personally I wish the Pack would go back to the Blue and Gold uniforms the Pack wore in the 30's and 40's to show how important the pre-Lombardi days were. Just my opinion though. Ron Wolf's 1993 idea is weird to see.

The Wearing Of the Green (and Gold): The Uniform Change That Wasn't

Wolf's idea makes some sort of sense if put in proper perspective. The '94 season was the league's 75th anny & many teams wore throwbacks that year. One game in particular stands out for me (maybe Wolf too, at the time) & that was DET positively dominating in DAL on a MNF contest with both teams in throwback uniforms.

DAL had those goofy stars-on-shoulders uniforms & DET had their '50s uniforms on. Wolf's idea may have been introduced in '93 (GB's 75th anny) but it gained some momentum (in his mind I think) after that game. If you know anything about what those DET uniforms looked like then you'll recognize the similarities to Wolf's proposal.

Metallic gold helmets (silver for DET), mostly solid color jerseys & pants made for a more collegiate appeal, what some assert is the appeal of the GB franchise anyway. It seemed to make sense at the time. Pre-Super Bowl win in '96, those uniforms had been through the mud way too many times & a fresh look might have been in order to energize the fan base once again. Thankfully winning did the trick instead.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Permanent Thread: Packers Twitter Pics

So I am into this twitter thing and I am following alot of NFL players. What I find really cool is when the players take pics and post them to their twitter. For example, during the pro-bowl, players were taking pics with their camera phones and posting them. Stuff like the locker room, team bus etc...

I decided to make a thread where I will post the pics the Packers players take of Packers related things (considering they get behind the scenes pics).

So to start, pics of the new uni's on players from FanFest:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would never change their current uniforms. Ever. They're class all the way.

I totally agree with you. Me personally.....I think the blue and tan or whatever the hell it is.......is F'n ugly.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how big Gilbert Browns circle would have been....
Dontcha worry. Pickett's will provide good measurement!
I totally agree with you. Me personally.....I think the blue and tan or whatever the hell it is.......is F'n ugly.
I find them nice. Besides, noone's "replacing" anything here. It's one game.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I like everything but the brown helmets. I understand trying to go all retro, but it doesn't look right converting it. The jerseys look fine, very smooth, especially with no TV numbers. The circle number thing looks cool too, unique to all other jerseys. Even the tan pants looked neat with it, though I think seeing the staff wearing all at once will be more of a shocker.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it, Kinda wish the circle was a little smaller to be more authentic looking.. But what the hell, Im gonna buy one anyways!! LOL!!
yeah, It's definitely unique!! :cool2:

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

I really like the new uniforms.

Only gripe i have is with the Helmets. I know they want to kinda simulate with a Leather helmet but it looks kinda ulgy.

The Uniforms themselfs are amazing. Nice Retro look.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts