Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the OP was claiming that Dorsey WILL make the Browns contenders. However, that is an assumption and not a fact. Also, to assume that the Packers would be a perennial loser without Rodgers, is assuming that they would be perfectly happy to stick with Hundley at QB. Did the offense struggle without Rodgers? Yes. However, if Rodgers retired today, I am pretty sure the Packers would eventually find a much better option than Hundley and be nowhere near as bad as Cleveland has been.
But that doesn't fit the ridiculous narrative that that ....person... is trying to spin. The Packers are a winning organization and yes it certainly helps to have a top QB, however, it appears that because they are a winning organization they are willing to make changes as well. It appears that they recognized that some changes were in order after last season so what did they do? They went out and changed the organizational structure .... changed GMs, kept what they thought was working well, and appear to be changing what wasn't. They have definitely been more active in free agency... The offense is said to be getting a makeover. The defense had a glaring weakness at CB... so they drafted two top corners as well as bringing in some low cost help in free agency. Salary cap had become tight ...so they made the tough choice and released an aging veteran that unfortunately was due to make more than his projected ability. I could go on but... Not all of these choices are guaranteed to be the right ones, and many here may disagree with some or all of them, but none of them are the mark of a perennial loser.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think the OP was claiming that Dorsey WILL make the Browns contenders. However, that is an assumption and not a fact. Also, to assume that the Packers would be a perennial loser without Rodgers, is assuming that they would be perfectly happy to stick with Hundley at QB. Did the offense struggle without Rodgers? Yes. However, if Rodgers retired today, I am pretty sure the Packers would eventually find a much better option than Hundley and be nowhere near as bad as Cleveland has been.

His specific claim was that the Packers and the Browns are totally comparable aside from Rodgers. That’s ludicrous.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Contenders? Unless Dorsey fires Hue Jackson, they'll never be contenders. And working for Jimmy Haslam will always be a negative.

I like Dorsey. He's a good GM. But he was paired up with one of the best coaches in the NFL in Andy Reid, which was a significant help. As long as Hue Jackson is in Cleveland, they'll be average at best.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
His specific claim was that the Packers and the Browns are totally comparable aside from Rodgers. That’s ludicrous.
LOL, I am not trying to defend the OP for twisting in there the implication that Cleveland and Green Bay were equal without Rodgers, but it seems to me the OP was also saying we sent Randall to "a franchise on the rise" because they now have Dorsey, who was able to do some good things in KC. Again, this is only speculation on his part that Cleveland is now better, there have been so many things going on incorrectly in Cleveland, that Dorsey might not even be able to correct them.

Is Cleveland a better team than the Packers if they didn't have Rodgers? Probably not.

Is Cleveland a better team today, than they were last year with Dorsey and all the offseason moves? Probably, but I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cleveland went into the draft with the #1 and #4 overall picks and walked away with the 4th best QB in the draft and choose the 2nd best defensive player over a better player at a more valued position. That's an impressive feat and one reserved for the Browns

I think simply being in Cleveland makes people make bad decisions so Dorsey should be on his toes. Like we have a thread with people commenting on how happy people are that we choose Gute over Wolf with how we handled our draft versus how the Browns did and somehow this is a topic?lol

(Comparing the Packers to the Browns as an organization is simply laughable. Past. Present. Future. Doesn't really matter. Till further notice they're the Browns)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhh, but they hired the son of the guy who traded for Brett Favre. That makes them winners.

The Packers still employ TT who refused to surround Favre with talent and then ran him out of town. That makes them losers.

Is that like meeting the man who met Andy Griffith?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
definitely more happy with the status of our Dbackfield today than after they traded D. Randall, but now I'm even more happy he's gone. his talent isn't worth his attitude. He's a moron. Who goes to a new city and just wants to talk trash with the fans from the word go? D. Randall, that's who LOL

I guess he doesn't want to be in Cleveland long either.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...lions-in-jerseys-if-cavaliers-win-nba-finals/

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I should get on Twitter just in case I can get a free jersey from this smendrick.

Not sure why he is so relevant. I've seen him on NFLN twice now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wait, if its his Jersey that he is promising, why would anyone want one? Unless they are plannning a Cavs Victory Bon Fire?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, if its his Jersey that he is promising, why would anyone want one? Unless they are plannning a Cavs Victory Bon Fire?
on a side note, a few weeks ago we were at the Pro Shop after a Lambeau Tour, they still had Randall jersey's for 170 bucks. To top it off they still had Martellus Bennet Jersey's on sale too LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
on a side note, a few weeks ago we were at the Pro Shop after a Lambeau Tour, they still had Randall jersey's for 170 bucks. To top it off they still had Martellus Bennet Jersey's on sale too LOL

I wouldn't give them a buck and 70 cents for both of them.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't promise an authentic one did he? What are those cheap Chinese ones going for.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't give them a buck and 70 cents for both of them.
me either. I about **** my pants seeing that. the Martellus jersey was about 30-40 bucks. Take the name off and put driver on or something maybe? But Randall's were on "sale" for 170" i had to laugh. he wasn't even terribly liked while he was here

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He didn't promise an authentic one did he? What are those cheap Chinese ones going for.
That and then say "To claim your jersey, send me round trip tickets to your location and I will deliver"

Let's just say, if the Cavs win, he isn't making good on that promise.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That and then say "To claim your jersey, send me round trip tickets to your location and I will deliver"

Let's just say, if the Cavs win, he isn't making good on that promise.
He is a idiot lol I retweeted haha he probly put his salary on the cavs winning just to cover his *** in some way.. like there is like a 1% chance of the cavs winning but wouldn’t that be something if they did the browns will probly cut him lmao

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall is an idiot, shocker. The only way he could afford this is if he gave everybody who retweeted him his Brown's jersey, that probably isn't worth sht (no pun intended Browns with brown colored jerseys).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a idiot lol I retweeted haha he probly put his salary on the cavs winning just to cover his *** in some way.. like there is like a 1% chance of the cavs winning but wouldn’t that be something if they did the browns will probly cut him lmao

I like it. He probably had no idea how twitter worked. He saw he had like 3 followers and figured they would be the only ones who would see the post and retweet.

Either that or he is banking on everybody saying never mind once they figure out he meant HIS jersey and not one of their choice.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But then again, there's the Packers needing to rally from 2 td's down in the 4th quarter to get by the Browns in OT, heh.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cavs aren’t winning anyways, they might even get swept. It’s a nice little bit of publicity for him though

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now Randall is saying his tweet was "obviously a joke". If the Cavs win, anyone gonna be surprised if he doesn't follow through and gets sued?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
But then again, there's the Packers needing to rally from 2 td's down in the 4th quarter to get by the Browns in OT, heh.

There’s also the fact that the Bret Hundley led Packers won 3 games in 9 tries and the Browns are 1-31 in the last two seasons. There’s no defending that take.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of the Packers wins without Rodgers were razor thin (and in the case of the Bears game, lucky) against poor competition. But yeah, the Browns having lost 36 of their last 37 games is incredibly horrendous.

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is gonna trade for hundley lol
Don’t the Bears recycle the leagues’ QB? Gute might be adding to the NFLs recycling program, “going green” as it were if he trades him for something. Maybe that pack of gum?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts