Packer's to retire Favre's #4 opening night.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i guess if TT MM and Brett all agree on it... what the hell do i know huh.

can you imagine the ovation. it might not stop for the entire day.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of me wants to swap my Dallas tickets for the opeing night tickets so I can be there.

The other side wants to stay home and cry in peace. :cry:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2. I love doing it opening day. It just says "We're not wasting any time, you were THAT awesome, Brett."

OR...... Let me state that again. OR.....

It was one hell of a Poker hand play by the Packers/ T.T.

Perhaps they wanted to "Put him to bed" at the first opportunity, and as fast as possible.

So, Brett, would not change his mind and announce that he is coming back for one more year.

Who knows?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
2. I love doing it opening day. It just says "We're not wasting any time, you were THAT awesome, Brett."

Perhaps they wanted to "Put him to bed" at the first opportunity, and as fast as possible.

So, Brett, would not change his mind and announce that he is coming back for one more year.

Who knows?

Michael Jeffrey Jordan came back and played while his retired jersey hung in the rafters above him.

But I see what you're saying.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I think it might be perfect timing of a sort if it is done right.. something like Brett having the jersey retired and handing the reigns over to Aaron.. something like a passing of the torch.

Celebrate the end of one great career and the start of another one..

They should do the retirement ceremony pregame,etc, and then when it's over, Favre should go hand over a football to Aaron Rodgers, and Rodgers should start throwing with Driver to warm up. I think I'd cry if that happened.

But it'll probably be a halftime ceremony, right?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
tromadz said:

Who knows?

Michael Jeffrey Jordan came back and played while his retired jersey hung in the rafters above him.

And how many special magical memories do we all have from the games Jordon played while his jersey was hanging in the rafters?

Name one.... someone.

Jordon was it, just like "Magic was it for the Lakers,"

Please.... No more come backs from retirement.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Raider Pride said:
tromadz said:

Who knows?

And how many special magical memories do we all have from the games Jordon played while his jersey was hanging in the rafters?

Name one.... someone.

Jordon was it, just like "Magic was it for the Lakers,"

Please.... No more come backs from retirement.
His 51 point game against the Hornets.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
Actually I think it might be perfect timing of a sort if it is done right.. something like Brett having the jersey retired and handing the reigns over to Aaron.. something like a passing of the torch.

Celebrate the end of one great career and the start of another one..

They should do the retirement ceremony pregame,etc, and then when it's over, Favre should go hand over a football to Aaron Rodgers, and Rodgers should start throwing with Driver to warm up. I think I'd cry if that happened.

But it'll probably be a halftime ceremony, right?

I think it might be before the game... what better way to start the season and even if they wanted to extend the ceremony.. before just seems right..

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hold the phone - when Rodgers gets crippled and Brett has to save the day what # will he wear??? They can't do this until the last game!!! :roll:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Okay you got me 93. Explain your sig quotes, I know the translation, what am I missing.

Ahhh.. the first one is more of a self reminder.. at times it is wiser to be silent and to listen than to speak. Since this is the site that I seem to frequent the most, it is a reminder throughout the day at work to hold my tongue in these times where the stress of the slowing housing market is straining folks. "If you had remained silent, you would have remained a philosopher."

The second is another simple reminder to keep an open mind, that one is site related.. with the draft comming not to jump to a quick conclusion with our picks.. "They condemn because they do not understand"

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

A real fan could name several, because Jordan won two titles after his comeback. Just off the top of my head, I can name that NBA finals game against the Jazz where Jordan had the flu but played amazing basketball to lead his team to victory. A lot of people consider it to be the best game of Jordan's career.

You picked a bad example, RP, because Jordan retired way early and was still in his prime when he came back.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
Okay you got me 93. Explain your sig quotes, I know the translation, what am I missing.

Ahhh.. the first one is more of a self reminder.. at times it is wiser to be silent and to listen than to speak. Since this is the site that I seem to frequent the most, it is a reminder throughout the day at work to hold my tongue in these times where the stress of the slowing housing market is straining folks. "If you had remained silent, you would have remained a philosopher."

The second is another simple reminder to keep an open mind, that one is site related.. with the draft comming not to jump to a quick conclusion with our picks.. "They condemn because they do not understand"

Most excellent. That is what people should be getting as tattoos then they would always have a reminder.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think opening night is the perfect time to do this. It's like Brett is handing the title over to A-Rod. It will a special night for both of them.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:

A real fan could name several, because Jordan won two titles after his comeback. Just off the top of my head, I can name that NBA finals game against the Jazz where Jordan had the flu but played amazing basketball to lead his team to victory. A lot of people consider it to be the best game of Jordan's career.

You picked a bad example, RP, because Jordan retired way early and was still in his prime when he came back.

I reckon I did..... Bad example. I am not a fan of the N.B.A. I just remember highlights of how awsome he was when he was in his prime, and then it seemed to me it was not the same. Maybe becuase of the Bulls team when they were unbeatable.

bad! bad! bad!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:

Favre is past his prime, but he still is arguably the 2nd best QB in the NFL. Non-arguably, he's a Tier 1 QB.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Raider Pride said:

Favre is past his prime, but he still is arguably the 2nd best QB in the NFL. Non-arguably, he's a Tier 1 QB.

I agree. I don't think he should have retired. I said after the giants game I hope he comes back.

What can ya do. Just honor the man now and move on.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See I dunno. How quickly was Star's number retired? For that matter what about other Packer greats. Brett is great no doubt there, but are we breaking tradition doing it so soon?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I would like to see him get his own statue in the plaza.

Throwing while he is falling down.

With a big DT wrapped around his midsection.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'll be at home bawlin my eyes out in memory of the past & then hoping for good things from rodgers in the future.

Latest posts