Packer's to retire Favre's #4 opening night.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just hate this.

1. it sucks for A-rod. Its his opening game and the loudest cheer he will hear all day, will be for the QB he is replacing. Thats not good for the ol confidence level.

2. It sucks for Brett. Let it simmer for awhile. dont just go get it out of the way. I mean how many all star players in any sport have had their jersey retired the day after they quit playing ya know. you wait a little bit, let the new season develop and then you retire... hell i would even wait a year. let us miss brett before you retire his jersey.

just seems so unnecessarily rushed

but...what do i know.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Madden is probably disappointed that it wasn't the Dallas game. I was hoping that it would be the Colts game because I will be there. Atleast now my ticket will be a lot cheaper.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is fitting to do this the very first game started by someone other than Brett. That's really cool. Plus it is a primetime game.

Maybe it's a good thing that Rodgers won't be the sole focus of attention. I really don't think it matters.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think maybe it will help take a little bit of the pressure off Rodgers. While everyone is reminising about Brett, Aaron can just calmly march down the field and score touchdown after touchdown.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Actually I think it might be perfect timing of a sort if it is done right.. something like Brett having the jersey retired and handing the reigns over to Aaron.. something like a passing of the torch.

Celebrate the end of one great career and the start of another one..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, another way to look at it is it might take a little attention off of Aaron. Might work out.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I would like to see him get his own statue in the plaza.

Throwing while he is falling down.

With a big DT wrapped around his midsection.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well lets put two fans in the background.. one covering his eyes; the other cheering like a madman.. that is how I will always remember feeling watching him play...

Never have I been so pissed at a player in one second and rejoicing in amazement the next..

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well lets put two fans in the background.. one covering his eyes; the other cheering like a madman.. that is how I will always remember feeling watching him play...

Never have I been so pissed at a player in one second and rejoicing in amazement the next..

Post of the Month!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised they picked opening night. There are already so many signficant things about that game. Why not spread things out a little more?

In the end, though, it really doesn't matter. Plus, if A-Rod goes down with an injury, Brett can suit up and keep his consecutive game streak going. (I'm kidding.)

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think the Dallas game would have been better, but I understand the whole Green (Green Bay) vs. Gold (Milwaukee) package situation. Let's just retire a legend's jersey and have some fun doing it, plus kick the Vikings *** with A Rod and company! 8) :) It could be a night for popcorn. :pop: And some adult beverages! :wink:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just hate this.

1. it sucks for A-rod. Its his opening game and the loudest cheer he will hear all day, will be for the QB he is replacing. Thats not good for the ol confidence level.

2. It sucks for Brett. Let it simmer for awhile. dont just go get it out of the way. I mean how many all star players in any sport have had their jersey retired the day after they quit playing ya know. you wait a little bit, let the new season develop and then you retire... hell i would even wait a year. let us miss brett before you retire his jersey.

just seems so unnecessarily rushed

but...what do i know.

See, I'm the exact opposite.

1. Get used to it Aaron, you will not go one game\press conference\week of prep without hearing the name "Brett Favre" so get used to it.

2. I love doing it opening day. It just says "We're not wasting any time, you were THAT awesome, Brett."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
Think Favre will show up?

He should. It could be a good luck charm for Aaron and the Pack. the pack should also play out their hearts for brett too.

Brett have a huge input on when it was going to happen

you think they would make a day like that with out asking him?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts