Packers should be ashamed.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RobJohnson said:
No way is Rodgers equal to Favre. To say as much is a joke!

In two respective qualities I believe Rodgers is as good as his predecessor - talent & tenacity. I mentioned nothing about experience or pocket presence. Those only come with time. The NAME acquired those things in about 3 seasons & he rode them to 3 straight MVPs.

Not saying Rodgers will or won't ever get there from here but he's making a believer out of me.

On a different topic I think it's time to recognize what's happpened with TT's youth movement. Sure it's great to be able to say GB was 13-3 with the youngest team in the league in '07 but those same youngsters seem to lack the maturity to come out in '08 with the mindset of being better than they were last season.

That's the trouble with youth, they haven't made enough mistakes yet to learn from. So from a psychological perspective this hopefully temporary letdown isn't all that surprising.

packerbackerinin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Donald Driver had a very good game, and he always puts it on the line. Speaking of line. Both lines right now are terrible, and I hate to say this, but Frost needs to go. he has had four bad weeks in a row. When you're not playing well field position is extremely important and our starting field position this season has been terrible, and the oppositions has been excellent. At least Rodger was aloud to open up the play book a little bit in this game. GO PACK GO!!!

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doughsellz said:
RobJohnson said:
No way is Rodgers equal to Favre. To say as much is a joke!

In two respective qualities I believe Rodgers is as good as his predecessor - talent & tenacity. I mentioned nothing about experience or pocket presence. Those only come with time. The NAME acquired those things in about 3 seasons & he rode them to 3 straight MVPs.

Not saying Rodgers will or won't ever get there from here but he's making a believer out of me.

On a different topic I think it's time to recognize what's happpened with TT's youth movement. Sure it's great to be able to say GB was 13-3 with the youngest team in the league in '07 but those same youngsters seem to lack the maturity to come out in '08 with the mindset of being better than they were last season.

That's the trouble with youth, they haven't made enough mistakes yet to learn from. So from a psychological perspective this hopefully temporary letdown isn't all that surprising.

After 5 games you have concluded that? I'm not here to say Rodgers is bad or good because its too early to make concrete statements.

As to the lack of maturity issue. They palyed some tough games last year and grinded out wins in most of them. They went one game from the SB. Everyone on that team face adversity last year and grew out of it. To say that they are young is giving this team an excuse for poor play on both sides of the ball.

Btw everyone is saying the D is the main reason we are losing this year. Well I checked the states of last year vs this year for the first five games and there is a difference of 22 yds avg given up between the pass and the run. But I do believe our record was a tad better last year at this time.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The youth wasn't as much of an issue last year because of the Leadership provided by the Name. Now you have to wonder whether anyone has stepped in to fill that void. I really am not sure if it has or has not happened, but the W-L record certainly gives one pause.