Packers set to release Terrence Murphy

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biography is titled "Broken Bones Unlimited." I show kids my x-rays in health classes and they just shake their heads. I have x-rays of my knee before and after the replacement, and one little kid said, "That had to hurt." :D

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a drag for Murphy. It's ironic that he was a surprise pick for Thompson last year, because receiver was not viewed as a high-need position, but one year later, his loss is a substantial hit at a position of little depth. Just goes to show how fast things change.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
IPBprez said:
Wonder if he might try staying in the NFL as an Assistant to Coaches in some form - graduate into the ranks as LeRoy and a few others have done. ????

Tim Lewis did it. Remember that Monday night game in '86 when he went down. Same thing...wasn't able to come back. Now he is one of the top defensive coordinators in the league with the Giants and is always a candidate for head coach.

I remember that ..now that you bring it back up.

One never knows... it would be a good thing if he did, I'm bettin'....

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This stinks. Not for the team, but I was a fan of Murphy. I saw the announcment today that he has been released and will probably never play again. He could have been something in the NFL and this just sucks for him. I remember the play that hurt him and hearing that he was only in the hospital for the night made me think he could return. One hit ends maybe a great reciever.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aceschnd said:
This stinks. Not for the team, but I was a fan of Murphy. I saw the announcment today that he has been released and will probably never play again. He could have been something in the NFL and this just sucks for him. I remember the play that hurt him and hearing that he was only in the hospital for the night made me think he could return. One hit ends maybe a great reciever.

Actually, people -- what's surprising, is the fact that a hit like that hadn't already occurred in College.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be wrong here, but I kind of rember 4 or 5 years ago when an Ohio State player took out a Penn state player the same way. The Penn state player is still in a wheel chair.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i live in north carolina and paid way too much to go to that game... and i sat way high up in bank of america stadium (right in front of helmet head and his boys) anyway i saw the hit in the stadium and on the replay like 5 times that night and it was not the ugliest thing ive seen but it was ugly. the crowd got quiet of course, and i was sweating bullets because it looked bad enough.

when they carted him off i didnt see this release coming of course... it sucks for him and it sucks for the packers we lost a guy with some potential.

Members online

Latest posts