Dec. 5 49ers (noon)
Dec. 12 at Lions
Dec 26 Giants (3:15 p.m.)
Jan. 2 Bears (noon)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Schedule Interactive
It seems to me an even schedule. Interesting the Vikings game after he bye.

Middle of the season with Dolphins (home), Vikings (home), Jets (away), Cowboys (home), bye, Vikings (away) and Falcons (away) seems like the hardest stretch, but most of the games are at home.

Or perhaps the last stretch with Patriots (away) and Giants and Bears at home. But then again, most at home.

All in all, a very good schedule, IMHO.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I feared would happen happened- The NFL did Favre a favor and scheduled 5 of the Vikings last 7 games to be played in domes. Anyone else get the sense of a little favoritism here?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I feared would happen happened- The NFL did Favre a favor and scheduled 5 of the Vikings last 7 games to be played in domes. Anyone else get the sense of a little favoritism here?
Still not gonna do him any favors... He still got to play the playoffs...

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but he played in the dome in the NFCC game, and still didn't win...

And their stretch of us at Lambeau, Pats at Boston, Cardinals in the Dump, Bears at Chicago and then us after our bye isn't very easy...

Not to mention their bye is in week 4...

Last year the schedule clearly favored them, and hurted us. This time, I'd say it's the opposite...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
22nd hardest

Vikings have 15th hardest
Yeah, but that considers the Jets as a 9-7 team and the Cardinals as an 11-5...

Schedule strenght doesn't mean much, when it's counted by previous season wins IMHO...

It's still not an accurate deal, but it'd be better to calculate schedule strenght based on final position, like the draft does now...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, no NFL schedule is easy. Until the games are played, I refuse to believe any game is a guaranteed win.

That said, my point was more a reflection on how Brett and the Vikings were more or less given a gift by the league. They had 6 potential cold weather games on their schedule, yet they play outdoors in only 2 of the last 7 games of the season. Just smells like favoritism to me.

Anyway, I'll remove my tinfoil hat now and end with this- I'm looking forward to kicking the Vikings in their ****** both times we play them.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
At Eagles: Win. Kolb is a young quarterback who might turn out to be something special, but no way he reads capers defense as well as he'll need to in his first game.

Bills: Win. 1.) Its my Birthday 2.) Its the Bills

At Bears: Win. The only way we don't win this is if we change uniforms with the Bears so Cutler throws it to the right people.

Lions: :detsux:

At Redskins: Tough game. The Redskins aren't a joke team, they are often loaded with talent, yet seem to come up short. I don't see this one as being a sure win, but definitely winnable.

Dolphins: Win. Dolphins are a wee better than the Bills, and that wildcat isn't gonna throw off our run defense. If we aren't injured, we aren't losing.

Vikings: Tough game #2. Tougher than the skins, but I think with last season behind us we can come through at home.

At Jets: Loss. Lets face it, the Jets just got a whole lot scarier. They gonna be shootin up a storm against the Bills and Dolphins making them confident.

Dallas: Win. Welcome back to Lambeau.

Bye

At Vikings: Really glad we get a Bye before this game, it makes it much more winnable. I'm still gonna mark as a loss just because I don't think we can sweep the Queens, unless Brent stays retired.

At Falcons: Win.

49ers: Win.

At Lions: :detsux:

At Patriots: Lose.

Giants: Tough game, could go either way.

Bears: Win. :chisux:

Minimum 12-4, gunn'n for another 13-3 season!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, no NFL schedule is easy. Until the games are played, I refuse to believe any game is a guaranteed win.

That said, my point was more a reflection on how Brett and the Vikings were more or less given a gift by the league. They had 6 potential cold weather games on their schedule, yet they play outdoors in only 2 of the last 7 games of the season. Just smells like favoritism to me.

Anyway, I'll remove my tinfoil hat now and end with this- I'm looking forward to kicking the Vikings in their ****** both times we play them.

I dont want to give the vikes any favors, I want to beat them at their best. I dont want excuses from them and their fans. I dont want favre banged up I dont want the weather to be a factor. I want the vikings and Brett when they are at the top of their game. Its better to watch them fall that way.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed- The whole "strength of schedule" BS is just that- BS. I'm confident the Niners, and not the Cardinals, will win their division this season, giving us what would appear on paper as one harder team to the Vikes easier team. New Orleans and Atlanta will both be tough opponents this season, so I'd consider that a wash. Beyond that, we play the same teams. If anything, Minnesota has it a bit easier with most of their late season games being played indoors rather than out in the elements. We unfortunately don't have that advantage.

But again, this is all on paper. Who knows what's going to happen.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say it would have been nice to have spread out the Minnesota games a bit. Just like last season, we'll be done with our Minnesota games by week 8. Given the second half adjustments we made last season, I'd prefer to have them again a little later in the season.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
3 out of 4 December/January games are home games on the frozen tundra. As a fan of snow in my NFL games I can't thank the league enough for that.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, but that considers the Jets as a 9-7 team and the Cardinals as an 11-5...

Schedule strenght doesn't mean much, when it's counted by previous season wins IMHO...

It's still not an accurate deal, but it'd be better to calculate schedule strenght based on final position, like the draft does now...

Yup I agree...Just pointing out what it is at this moment..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Least miles traveled: Bengals, 5,992mi / 9,641km
Most miles traveled: 49ers, 33,264mi / 53,522km

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And giving one of the thoughest teams they will have right after thier bye. The Jets

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

At Eagles: Win. Kolb is a young quarterback who might turn out to be something special, but no way he reads capers defense as well as he'll need to in his first game.

Bills: Win. 1.) Its my Birthday 2.) Its the Bills

At Bears: Win. The only way we don't win this is if we change uniforms with the Bears so Cutler throws it to the right people.

Lions: :detsux:

At Redskins: Tough game. The Redskins aren't a joke team, they are often loaded with talent, yet seem to come up short. I don't see this one as being a sure win, but definitely winnable.

Dolphins: Win. Dolphins are a wee better than the Bills, and that wildcat isn't gonna throw off our run defense. If we aren't injured, we aren't losing.

Vikings: Tough game #2. Tougher than the skins, but I think with last season behind us we can come through at home.

At Jets: Loss. Lets face it, the Jets just got a whole lot scarier. They gonna be shootin up a storm against the Bills and Dolphins making them confident.

Dallas: Win. Welcome back to Lambeau.

Bye

At Vikings: Really glad we get a Bye before this game, it makes it much more winnable. I'm still gonna mark as a loss just because I don't think we can sweep the Queens, unless Brent stays retired.

At Falcons: Win.

49ers: Win.

At Lions: :detsux:

At Patriots: Lose.

Giants: Tough game, could go either way.

Bears: Win. :chisux:

Minimum 12-4, gunn'n for another 13-3 season!

What makes you sure we would lose to the pats???

My Hope is 14-2 ( 15-1 if we are blessed) (16-0 something is happing) go into the playoffs with a Bye. and Division Champs.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What makes you sure we would lose to the pats???

My Hope is 14-2 ( 15-1 if we are blessed) (16-0 something is happing) go into the playoffs with a Bye. and Division Champs.
I believe we're hitting the Pats right in their rebuilding year. Could be the easiest pats we've seen since the 90's.

Unless something happens, that D can't stop anyone anymore.

But they still have Tom Brady, who'll be back fully from his injury, together with Moss and Welker...

If I had to rank, though, they'd be #2 or #3 on their division...

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles will be tougher than we think I believe, but I still think we can get a W in Philly.. Might be tough on the road with that crowd, but what a better way to start off the season with a W in Philly..

Latest posts