Packers/Fantasy conflict

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm curious how those of you who play fantasy football handle it when a guy on your fantasy team is slated to face the Packers. Do you bench him because you don't want to root against the Packers or do you play him anyway?

I've got Brees in an FFL and he can make me good points but I don't really want to root for him in this game....the frustration of fantasy football leagues.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I don't mind when this happens. I keep the emotions involved with my fantasy team seperate from my loyalty to the greatest sports franchise on earth. Play Brees.....but still cheer hard for the Pack. If the Pack wins you feel really really great about it, and if the Pack loses and Brees has a good game (which WILL NOT happen) you can take the loss with a grain of salt because your fantasy team did well. Its a win-win really. Play fantasy football like you think you should, after all it is called FANTASY football, and still your butt off for the Pack.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never be a "Homer" when it comes to fantasy football. That's how you finish last in the league.
Agreed. Usually the only Packer I'd draft this year is Starks just because he usually goes so late. Rodgers and Finley usually go too high for my liking and I've gotten Jennings a couple times in mock drafts but I only select him when the value is right. As for Packers vs my fanstasy team, I always root for the Packers first there's no way I could root against them.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been at Packer games cheering for AP to run for daylight when the Pack were up by a couple TDs. I got very strange looks until I said "Fantasy Football" then everyone went "Ooooohh"

maccadon3000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Brees(unless I'm going against him) to have a statistally good game against the Pack, because if he is passing for alot of yards, that means he's probably trying to play catch-up!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never be a "Homer" when it comes to fantasy football. That's how you finish last in the league.

Agreed. You kind of have to keep the two separate if you want to win otherwise you will just shoot yourself in the foot. When it comes to cheering, though, the Packers always come first. The day I cheer for my fantasy team over the Pack will be the day they take my cheese head from me.

Reaction score

That is a flat out lie! I did a "all Packers team" Back in '09 and I won the championship with only one loss! That one loss was the bye week of course! :happy0005:

Honestly, half of it was luck because every week I would just happen to face a team that would do bad for that week and lucky things like that.

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That is a flat out lie! I did a "all Packers team" Back in '09 and I won the championship with only one loss! That one loss was the bye week of course! :happy0005:

Honestly, half of it was luck because every week I would just happen to face a team that would do bad for that week and lucky things like that.

It's pretty hard to have an all Packers team when so much of the team is coveted. Rodgers, Jennings, and the Defense were all gone by the time I got my pick. Rodgers went first in our draft.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My boys and I have played for about 10 years or so.

We have ALWAYS said that a PACKER WIN beats a FF win EVERY TIME!

If the team we are playing has Packers on them We still root for them no matter what!

I did get *****ed at while at a game in GB (last yrs GB Vs Vikes MNF) because I said " damn 85 caught that TD! weak he is on so&so's team that I'm playin'."
Some guy turned around and called me a nerd or something....

it is what it is I guess.

It makes a league with 10/14 GB fans have a crazy draft though thats for sure. I think Finley went in the 2nd last yr!

OP
OP
Croak

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My boys and I have played for about 10 years or so.

We have ALWAYS said that a PACKER WIN beats a FF win EVERY TIME!

If the team we are playing has Packers on them We still root for them no matter what!

I did get *****ed at while at a game in GB (last yrs GB Vs Vikes MNF) because I said " damn 85 caught that TD! weak he is on so&so's team that I'm playin'."
Some guy turned around and called me a nerd or something....

it is what it is I guess.

It makes a league with 10/14 GB fans have a crazy draft though thats for sure. I think Finley went in the 2nd last yr!

That's funny. The only Packers worth even a little that I got were Ryan Grant and Jordy Nelson. No one wanted to touch Grant because of the pre-mature articles about his departure.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never had much of a conflict with it. I only care about 1 stat that fantasy football does not and that is the W.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thus why I don't play fantasy. I cannot stand to cheer for something that might hurt the Packers.

That, and the fact that I'm not very good. I do know about the first and second stringers, but I never saw Arian Foster coming, or Miles Austin...