Packers acquire a punter from the Rams

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I sent the tweet to my friend. He responded with, "why is this newsworthy". I thought to myself, "man, I really want the offseason to end".

It's a punter :)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand how punters fail. You have to do 1 thing. Just 1 thing. If you have the leg talent, then practice that 1 thing. Do it 100 times per day all year long. If your leg gets sore, practice your drop. Somebody wants to pay you millions of dollars to kick a ball 50 times per year, WORK ON IT!!!! Build those particular leg muscles. Hire subject experts. Hire phsychologist. Hire motivational speaker. Whatever it takes!!

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't understand how punters fail. You have to do 1 thing. Just 1 thing. If you have the leg talent, then practice that 1 thing. Do it 100 times per day all year long. If your leg gets sore, practice your drop. Somebody wants to pay you millions of dollars to kick a ball 50 times per year, WORK ON IT!!!! Build those particular leg muscles. Hire subject experts. Hire phsychologist. Hire motivational speaker. Whatever it takes!!
NFL punter might seriously be the best damn job in the world.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This was an excellent move and a total upgrade on Punters. I liked JK Scott when we drafted him, but he didn't work out due to being way too inconsistent. For anyone who is fretting this move and the Packers spending a 6th to get a better punter + a 7th rounder, why? All you have to do is look at Corey Bojorquez's VS JK's stats to see the rationale. CB never would have made it to the Packers or maybe even the waiver wire (traded to another team). The Rams were obviously shopping him and that was a dirt cheap price to pay for a solid Punter. Hell....JK cost us a 5th rounder.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

You could say the same thing about a Kicker. But there is more to it then just "kicking". Some guys have a huge leg, but can't get he height or accuracy. Then there is directional punting, height, back spin, etc. Don't want to outkick your coverage, don't want to kick it into the endzone, handling the snap and rush, learning how to hold for your FG kicker, etc. All much like a golfer using the right club, swing and follow through. Looks easy, but more to it then just having a strong leg. Scott had the physical talent, but I think he lacked the mental toughness and became like a Golfer with the yips.

Reaction score
This was an excellent move and a total upgrade on Punters. I liked JK Scott when we drafted him, but he didn't work out due to being way too inconsistent. For anyone who is fretting this move and the Packers spending a 6th to get a better punter + a 7th rounder, why? All you have to do is look at Corey Bojorquez's VS JK's stats to see the rationale. CB never would have made it to the Packers or maybe even the waiver wire (traded to another team). The Rams were obviously shopping him and that was a dirt cheap price to pay for a solid Punter. Hell....JK cost us a 5th rounder.
Doing some draft calculator soup math. It’s basically trading the equivalent of an early 7th rounder (~15 point value).

I will offer that if we get 2020 CB (51 per)? We’d pick up 5+ yards on every punt , which is significant.
On a comparable 29 LESS career punts, CB put it inside the <20 yard line 11 times more than JK. Also his potential to boom a big one is greater as CB has an average 3 season long of about 67 yards, JK is like 64 on a similar, but slightly larger sample size (with 29 more kicks JK still came up short on CB’s long).

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Doing some draft calculator soup math. It’s basically trading the equivalent of an early 7th rounder (~15 point value)
I wouldn't say that, because you didn't lose a pick. Now the difference between a late first and a late second can be huge. But when you get into late 6th and 7th rounders, its a crapshoot and really all you are securing are guys you would try and go sign as UDFA's. I'm just glad they got a pick back, I would have been fine with trading a 6th for such and upgrade in punters.

P.S. Our bet is up to you owning me $2M now.....doesn't appear the Packers are resigning your man Juice Williams ;)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be an important trade imo

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His punt average last year of 50.8 was the 4th best in NFL history.

My reaction was similar to Dantes: why did he go to the Rams? I can understand the Bills not tendering him. From what little I've looked into, Bojorquez was a restricted free agent with the Bills when they decided not to tender him. Supposedly there was a break down in negotiations between his agent and the Bills, so he became an unrestricted free agent. Bojorquez' RFA tender was at around 2.1 million and they signed Matt Haack to a 3 year deal for less money than that.

It's possible that, given Bojorquez' incredible year, that his agent severely overplayed his hand and the Bills simply said thanks but no thanks.

Why he went to the Rams, I cannot say. But I've read where the race between Hekker and Bojorquez was super tight and potentially the only reason why the Rams went with the incumbent Hekker is because he agreed to restructure his contract. I'm sure that was the deciding factor into which punter they ultimately kept.

He could've definitely went elsewhere. Maybe he's so competitive and confident in himself that he wanted to beat out a proven punter. Who knows.

Ultimately, however it happened, I think the Packers might've caught lightening in a bottle.
Excellent info!

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or...hire an ex soccer goalie/disgruntled retired airline employee from Birmingham who may or may not be an agitator...:eek::sneaky:

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A great pickup for the Packers. He will be one of the best punters the Packers have EVER had!

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Lest we forget:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
If CB was able to punt for a high avg in Buffalo, he should be able to in Green Bay. Cold weather should not be a factor. I just hope he is a good holder for Crosby... if not, who will be the new holder...Love? Not sure who the backup to JK was.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bojorquez is a UFA after this season. IF he continues being a great punter will put his next contract in the Hekker-range, $3.75Mil/yr or more, IMHO. Just another puzzle-piece for Gute to try fitting into the long-term plans.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bojorquez is a UFA after this season. IF he continues being a great punter will put his next contract in the Hekker-range, $3.75Mil/yr or more, IMHO. Just another puzzle-piece for Gute to try fitting into the long-term plans.

shhhhh....you will wake up the Captain! :coffee:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could say the same thing about a Kicker. But there is more to it then just "kicking". Some guys have a huge leg, but can't get he height or accuracy. Then there is directional punting, height, back spin, etc. Don't want to outkick your coverage, don't want to kick it into the endzone, handling the snap and rush, learning how to hold for your FG kicker, etc. All much like a golfer using the right club, swing and follow through. Looks easy, but more to it then just having a strong leg. Scott had the physical talent, but I think he lacked the mental toughness and became like a Golfer with the yips.

Well, at least not without sending the return man racing backwards after it as well lol.

But I agree though, these are all reasons why almost zero of our punters besides Craig Hentrich mastered the art the way he did. Now CB looks like he has. I say put him on kickoff duty too and save Crosby's leg.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A great pickup for the Packers. He will be one of the best punters the Packers have EVER had!
Don't you just love it when predictions come true?

From the December 9th Milwaukee Journal......

Green Bay Packers punter Corey Bojorquez is having the best season in franchise history​

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As impressed as we are with his punting, and rightly so, its kind of strange to see that he is not closer to the top. The numbers are bunching up now but I think when I looked 4 weeks ago or so there were 5 punters averaging over 50 yards per kick now there is only 1. Bojo is 9th which is pretty much where he was then but I think his numbers are pretty much the same. The others seem to be coming back to him more than he is gaining but he is 4th in net.

Staff online

Members online