1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OFFICIAL RODGERS IS MVP THREAD

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Southpaw, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400 / 7 / -0
    You left out Completion %. Brees has that one too. But trust me, I get your point. I'm just putting my finger to the wind and what I'm hearing and reading is a lot of MVP talk about Brees.
  2. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah, I could have included that, but since it is factored into the QB rating I left it out. Also, it would be second least indicative. Lot's of QB's dump off short passes and passes in the flats and have good completion percentages.
  3. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +162 / 5 / -1
    If Rodgers gets it i think it'll have (obviously) the most to do with TD passes. But I also think the 6INT's will play an important part. To have only 6 INT's in a season on a very pass heavy team is quite an accomplishment. You can even look at a couple of those and say they weren't his fault.
  4. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    Tom Brady is only 190 yards behind Brees right now. He could break the record again this week.
  5. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +478 / 6 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Go is not spelled GEAUX, that is not spelled DAT but MVP is spelled Aaron Rodgers! Drew Brees has more passing attempts which leads to him having more yards and yards per game. Also, Brees hasn't had to sit in 4th quarters like Rodgers. Brees didn't even sit when they blew out the Colts 62-7! If Rodgers had played full games he could have easily shattered Marinos record! Rodgers is only 2% shy of a 70% completion rate. Rodgers has a better yard average per pass, has more touchdowns, less interceptions and has a higher QBR... How is he not the MVP? Also, his team is 14-1 and went on a 19 game win streak to include beating Brees and the Saints while defending their Super Bowl title. Not to mention he has done this with a non-exsistant running game, 31st ranked Defense and key injuries to his offensive line. Drew Brees makes a good argument and should be lauded for breaking Marino's recored but the proof is in black and white! Aaron Rodgers will be the NFL MVP and could possibly add another Lombardi Trophy to the Packers Hall Of Fame!
  6. GVN2FLY

GVN2FLY Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Well, now I'm hearing and reading that it could be a co-MVP! I wouldn't be surprise if NFL did this.
  7. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422 / 16 / -4
    That's a fuking rip. Splitting an MVP award is bogus. Look at the stats and the W/L record and what these guys are working with. The choice is obvious. Rodgers is the MVP.

More TD's less, interceptions, higher QB rating, almost as many yards as Brees in less pass attempts, first in scoring, no defense, no offensive line for over half the season, 14-1. How is this even a debate?

Brees has thrown for more yards and that's the only think he has over Rodgers
  8. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    If it is the MOST Valuable Player there can't be two of them. IMO Co-MVP is a cop-out to whiny Saints fans.
  9. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +839 / 18 / -5
    No way is there a Co MVP. Bree's will be second but there is no doubt who is first. If Aroge plays what?? 9 games in a dome does he break the record??. 14-1 says it all, along with everything else. Can't be helped if his O line got busted up.
  10. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +675 / 43 / -2
    I hope the coach hoodie goes and lets Brady pass for 500 yds to break this record and shut everyone in New Orleans up that is making such ridiculously big deal over this. I highly doubt they would stop the game, have a huge celebration, take photos and then resume the game.
  11. GVN2FLY

GVN2FLY Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    But there have been past Co-MVP's:

1997: Bret Favre & Barry Sanders
    2003: Peyton Manning & Steve McNair

All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
  12. GVN2FLY

GVN2FLY Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    This could happen and I'm sure Brady and Belichick are going to try but Sean Payton will also try not to let it happen. Which is why I think Brees will be playing probably into the 3rd quarter or half way through the 4th (especially if by some miracle Rams pull an upset lol) and as usual lots of passing!! Should be interesting to see who will own it at the end of the day on Sunday.
  13. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0

Ugh.

Colts even SWEPT the Titans that year. And Brady was third in voting.

I would rather Aaron loses it straight out then share it.
  14. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    I don't mean to be rude but I love how the Saints/Patriots are so concerned with passing yard records......

Both the Panthers and Bills have issues stopping the run. If I was both teams I would get more run heavy to lesson the chances of hits on my QBs but I don't think either team will do this.
  15. GVN2FLY

GVN2FLY Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah, I doubt the Pats will do it. I can see the Saints doing it because their running game has been great but I can still bet on pass happy Peyton calling lots passing plays!! I'm sure Mr. Brady wants to make a statement b/c he doesn't want to be forgotten! :D lol
  16. bhuggins

bhuggins Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 3 / -0
    Rodgers has been lifted very early in at least two games. Brees will have played 11 of 16 games indoors. 4 of the remaining 5 have all been in warm weather stadiums. The one northern stadium he played in was at Lambeau on opening weekend and I believe the temperature was approx 65-70 that night.
  17. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its up right now and its neck and neck. Aaron needs our help. Spread the word.

Its on the main page as of now. http://espn.go.com/
  18. GVN2FLY

GVN2FLY Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    How many of these polls is espn gonna do? This is like the 3rd one in 2 days about the same thing! lol
  19. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I didn't see the other ones. Who won those? LOL
  20. GVN2FLY

GVN2FLY Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Last night they had who deserves MVP: Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. Rodgers and Brees were tied at 46% each and Brady had 8% lol

Earlier they had 10 candidates and they asked you to ranked them in terms of MVP: Rodgers, Brees, Brady, A. Foster, and forgot who else... oh and they had ROMO on there lol that should tell you what a joke that was! lol
  21. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +675 / 43 / -2
    Sproles was an option???? and he was 2nd in votes behind Brees. The Saints/Brees and Saints Nation are quickly becoming more annoying than Tebow coverage.
  22. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mean sure Brees had a great year but Brady will also break Marino's record. Not quite as special with that in mind. I've watched alot of live sports over the years and the only person I rank above A. Rodgers for equisite performance is Michael Jordan. I mean Rodgers is throwing like NO ONE has ever thrown before with AMAZING consistency.
  23. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400 / 7 / -0
    They're gonna give it to Brees, trust me on this. Everyone is joining the bandwagon after this week. If Brees throws for 300 yards next week and Aaron sits the second half, Brees will get it.

Kurt Warner said that Rodgers is having a better season than Brees and yet he ranks Brees #1 and Rodgers #2 on his list of top QBs for the year. See what I mean?
    • Like Like x 1
  24. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nope. Adam Shein and his partner on Sirius are lock stock and barrell for Rodgers ( I think they both said they have votes) . I've heard several others state that Rodgers is still a comfortable distance over Brees. As a matter of fact, I think Madden may have a vote and he thinks Rodgers deserves it. Madden however thinks that it shouldn't be voted on until the playoffs are over.
    s a
  25. GVN2FLY

GVN2FLY Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    The MVP has been a popularity contest these past few years. Whoever the media backs up. Eh. I still say they will do a Co-MVP thing.