Official pregame & gameday thread: Hey... ya know... Rams at Packers today!

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching CJ Stroud have 470 yards and 5 TD's for an NFL rookie record, Love is NO WHERE near that. Truth.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugly win at home, as long as we don't drop out of the top 5 at draft.

I don't think a top 5 pick is happening. Currently they are #7. They will probably have a top 10 pick, but they are better than the worst 5 teams (Az, Caro, Chi, NE, Giants). The Packers will probably stumble into another 2-3 wins this year. They probably will win up in that 7 range, but I doubt top 5.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson should consider retirement to fragile
He really never should run the sweep. He is pretty fragile. It was not a perfect throw. If Jordon could have thrown it earlier; the safety would not have been able to get near the ball. And Watson had his man beat from the start.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think a top 5 pick is happening. Currently they are #7. They will probably have a top 10 pick, but they are better than the worst 5 teams (Az, Caro, Chi, NE, Giants). The Packers will probably stumble into another 2-3 wins this year. They probably will win up in that 7 range, but I doubt top 5.
You might be right, those teams do look pretty bad.
I didn't think it was that ugly, the defense played well. Solid win against an average team playing its second string quarterback.
The ball hit the ground 3 times, and not from passes on almost back to back to back drives. They said it themselves, almost 3 fumbles on 7 plays. That's not ugly? That's good clean play? We also managed 207 passing yards, that's after the sack yardage, at home, against a 3 win team. This was a rainy, ugly win.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching CJ Stroud have 470 yards and 5 TD's for an NFL rookie record, Love is NO WHERE near that. Truth.
Yeah, but be fair… have you seen that absolutely STACKED set of pass catchers he’s throwing to??! Have you seen the stud RB he has to keep defenses honest?! No mention about those MAULERS he’s got for an OL protecting him???

:p

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But everyone rather fire Barry than MLF
When Barry goes and then the O coordinator (Just an oline coach),then there will be no reason to keep MLF. New regime will want to hire their own coordinators. But this level of suck would have to continue well into next year before Gutey would get scared enough for his job to do it. The wild card is Mark M. His contract ends soon and he may blow it up before that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but be fair… have you seen that absolutely STACKED set of pass catchers he’s throwing to??! Have you seen the stud RB he has to keep defenses honest?! No mention about those MAULERS he’s got for an OL protecting him???

Incase folks read this and are curious main guys:

RBs
Dameon Pierce
- 4th rounder in 2022 but rookie year put up 939 rushing and 165 yards receiving
Devin Singletary - Past Bills starter who in his career has never had less than 687 yards rushing in a year and typically adds another 200 or more through the air.

WRs
Robert Woods
- Just a vet with over 7800 yards and tons of experience
Nico Collins - 3rd rounder in 2021 with over 1500 yards receiving and 6 TDs (don't believe stats include today)
John Metchie - 2nd rounder in 2022 - not been healthy but elite talent
Tank Dell - 3rd rounder in 2023

TE
Dalton Schultz
- Starter veteran on almost every team in the NFL...three straight seasons with 575 yards or more and 4 or more TDs
Brevin Jordan - 5th round in 2021 with 357 yards and 4 TDs

OL
Laremy Tunsil
- Just a starting tackle in the NFL since drafted....98 starts and counting
Kenyon Green - 1st rounder 2022
Tytus Howard - 1st rounder 2019
Max Scharping - 2nd rounder 2019
Juice Scruggs - 2nd rounder 2023 (injured now sadly)
Shaq Mason - 4th rounder in 2015 for New England who started for them for years before coming to Texans by way of Tampa one year.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TBH, we were looking forward to some of our receivers and Jones is a RB that ppl remember his name, how many people can name Houston's RB? Can you remember the last time JL has gone over 270 yards? Let's just be honest, this year 4 and this isn't the first time he's seen a NFL football field. And stacked pass catchers? Good QBs make ok players good. Stacked? Really? They aren't really even household names now, heck, they weren't even in college, but now they are good to great?! I think it's definitely the QB play. I don't think folks
can compare a player that can't even sniff 300 yards (passing) to a player that has done it (300+) multiple times in his rookie season.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Incase folks read this and are curious main guys:

RBs
Dameon Pierce
- 4th rounder in 2022 but rookie year put up 939 rushing and 165 yards receiving
Devin Singletary - Past Bills starter who in his career has never had less than 687 yards rushing in a year and typically adds another 200 or more through the air.

WRs
Robert Woods
- Just a vet with over 7800 yards and tons of experience
Nico Collins - 3rd rounder in 2021 with over 1500 yards receiving and 6 TDs (don't believe stats include today)
John Metchie - 2nd rounder in 2022 - not been healthy but elite talent
Tank Dell - 3rd rounder in 2023

TE
Dalton Schultz
- Starter veteran on almost every team in the NFL...three straight seasons with 575 yards or more and 4 or more TDs
Brevin Jordan - 5th round in 2021 with 357 yards and 4 TDs

OL
Laremy Tunsil
- Just a starting tackle in the NFL since drafted....98 starts and counting
Kenyon Green - 1st rounder 2022
Tytus Howard - 1st rounder 2019
Max Scharping - 2nd rounder 2019
Juice Scruggs - 2nd rounder 2023 (injured now sadly)
Shaq Mason - 4th rounder in 2015 for New England who started for them for years before coming to Texans by way of Tampa one year.
Yeah, I don't look at that list and think, look at all those "STUD" players...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TBH, we were looking forward to some of our receivers and Jones is a RB that ppl remember his name, how many people can name Houston's RB? Can you remember the last time JL has gone over 270 yards? Let's just be honest, this year 4 and this isn't the first time he's seen a NFL football field. And stacked pass catchers? Good QBs make ok players good. Stacked? Really? They aren't really even household names now, heck, they weren't even in college, but now they are good to great?! I think it's definitely the QB play. I don't think folks
can compare a player that can't even sniff 300 yards (passing) to a player that has done it (300+) multiple times in his rookie season.

Um....

So that team actually has some very gifted college guys - which ftr doesn't always translate of course - BUT....

Tank Dell lit up the American conference and while small put forth over 2700 yards from scrimmage just his last two years at Houston.

Nico Collins...had first round buzz and despite going to Michigan with terrible QB play at times and a massive run offense put up 1,388 yards in his last two years and 13 TDs...quite a few of us on these boards were massive Nico fans. He's leading the Texans this year already with 577 yards and counting.

Xavier Hutchinson was another massive back to back 1,000+ from scrimmage guy at Iowa State and put up over 2900 yards in his three years there.

Dameon Pierce shared a backfield and still averaged for his career at Florida over 5.5 yards a carry and many thought would be a Day2 type guy.

That team also just at skill spots have Devin Singletary, Dalton Schultz and Robert Woods.

You just cannot diminish what they were in college, these dudes were straight weapons in college. Now truthfully Tank is overshooting what many thought cuz his frame is so slight...but those other dudes are alpha types that excel at route running and high pointing...Stroud is loving this collection of dudes for sure - any QB would...a solid vet at every position that has STACKED yards in the NFL, plus young gifted youth.

Future HoFers...no but that is a solid group of weapons.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um....

So that team actually has some very gifted college guys - which ftr doesn't always translate of course - BUT....

Tank Dell lit up the American conference and while small put forth over 2700 yards from scrimmage just his last two years at Houston.

Nico Collins...had first round buzz and despite going to Michigan with terrible QB play at times and a massive run offense put up 1,388 yards in his last two years and 13 TDs...quite a few of us on these boards were massive Nico fans. He's leading the Texans this year already with 577 yards and counting.

Xavier Hutchinson was another massive back to back 1,000+ from scrimmage guy at Iowa State and put up over 2900 yards in his three years there.

Dameon Pierce shared a backfield and still averaged for his career at Florida over 5.5 yards a carry and many thought would be a Day2 type guy.

That team also just at skill spots have Devin Singletary, Dalton Schultz and Robert Woods.

You just cannot diminish what they were in college, these dudes were straight weapons in college. Now truthfully Tank is overshooting what many thought cuz his frame is so slight...but those other dudes are alpha types that excel at route running and high pointing...Stroud is loving this collection of dudes for sure - any QB would...a solid vet at every position that has STACKED yards in the NFL, plus young gifted youth.

Future HoFers...no but that is a solid group of weapons.
So middle of the road NFL players are great? And did you seriously bring up Nico Collins, I watched almost every college game he was in, everyone was like " he's good, but not next level "stud" good. And AAC is nowhere near as good as the ACC. Just look at who they have:
Tulane
Rice
UTSA
USF
SMU
Navy
Charlotte
North Texas
Temple
Tulsa
ECU

But, I will agree that they aren't bad NFL players, just not very good NFL players. Sure, they look a lot better with CJ there, but that's my point, he's a rookie making them look like studs at times and JL is making everyone around him look tradable or cuttable, IMO.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So middle of the road NFL players are great? And did you seriously bring up Nico Collins, I watched almost every college game he was in, everyone was like " he's good, but not next level "stud" good. And AAC is nowhere near as good as the ACC. Just look at who they have:
Tulane
Rice
UTSA
USF
SMU
Navy
Charlotte
North Texas
Temple
Tulsa
ECU

But, I will agree that they aren't bad NFL players, just not very good NFL players. Sure, they look a lot better with CJ there, but that's my point, he's a rookie making them look like studs at times and JL is making everyone around him look tradable or cuttable, IMO.

I never said they were Heismans, you’re the one that made the skill positions in Houston sound like college bums, which is just not true.

The you add in Robert Woods and Dalton Schultz and Devin Singletary and you have proven veterans as well.

Reaction score
Holy Cow- can we trade for the Vikings 3rd string QB- Dobbs?
Dobbs
20/30 66.7% (5.3 avg) 158yds
101.8% QBR

Love
20/26 76.9% (8.8 avg) 228yds
115.5% QBR

Without seeing the film and analyzing I cannot say I feel this way. 3rd best at most IMO off just live broadcast.
I’ll say it again.
Chicago was his only better performance. He was 1 Christian Watson miss and an Aaron Donald shoestring tackle from turning in a matching performance to Chicago week 1. Possibly even better when looking at all the mistakes going on around Jordan today. On a day where our QB is passing shy of 80% that’s not hard to argue this was one of his best performances. We can’t just look at 26 attempts. Look at the game flow. We should’ve embarrassed LA

-1st n 10 on the GB43 (penalty lost possession)
-1st n 10 at the LA49 (penalty lost possession)
-Missed 48 yard FG
-Wicks fumble at the LA42-1st down
-Jones Fumble at GB36 (2nd n 1)
-1st n 10 at the LA13 (respect kneel)

Shellacking that the stat line won’t show

Last edited:

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said they were Heismans, you’re the one that made the skill positions in Houston sound like college bums, which is just not true.

The you add in Robert Woods and Dalton Schultz and Devin Singletary and you have proven veterans as well.
What are you talking about? I very clearly said one person didn't look next level good and said this is (me quoting myself)
"he's good, but not next level "stud" good"
And that's about one player. Now the AAC statement, I'll live and die by, but I will say that is my opinion (IMO). This also takes away from my point, which is their rookie QB is playing well to very well, but our QB is playing very bad, to passable.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny and interesting. Funny part is Weems not realizing Magooch was being sarcastic in his post. Interesting is Tyni's rebuttal. IMO the GB RBs are better than Houstons and the GB TE room is currently below theres so I am only going to concentrate on WRs. IMO GB could have kept Cobb or signed a different vet for the Woods role. So let's compare the young guys. Nico, Metchie, Tank and X vs. Watson, Doubs, Reed and Wicks. I don't have a draft comparison for Doubs but I believe we both like him especially where he was drafted. 2023 draft, GB- Reed at 50 and Wicks at 159. Houston- Dell at 69 & Hutch at 205. Tyni which group do you like better? 2022 GB- Watson #34 or Metchie #44. Tyni? 2021 Houston- Nico Collins at 89 and Ooops Amari at 85. We know the answer there. In Gute's defense Houston has had much better draft position but what your comparisons lead me to believe is that it might not be a bad idea to draft a couple of OL in the 1st 2 days of the draft. IMO.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny and interesting. Funny part is Weems not realizing Magooch was being sarcastic in his post. Interesting is Tyni's rebuttal. IMO the GB RBs are better than Houstons and the GB TE room is currently below theres so I am only going to concentrate on WRs. IMO GB could have kept Cobb or signed a different vet for the Woods role. So let's compare the young guys. Nico, Metchie, Tank and X vs. Watson, Doubs, Reed and Wicks. I don't have a draft comparison for Doubs but I believe we both like him especially where he was drafted. 2023 draft, GB- Reed at 50 and Wicks at 159. Houston- Dell at 69 & Hutch at 205. Tyni which group do you like better? 2022 GB- Watson #34 or Metchie #44. Tyni? 2021 Houston- Nico Collins at 89 and Ooops Amari at 85. We know the answer there. In Gute's defense Houston has had much better draft position but what your comparisons lead me to believe is that it might not be a bad idea to draft a couple of OL in the 1st 2 days of the draft. IMO.
You are right, and I really apologize to Magooch as I made a very bad mistake and took him seriously. Also good of you to catch that, as I was foolish for that.
*Edited as I keep applying egg to my face.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Right now I absolutely take their TE and WR room. Truthfully their RB room is better too IMO albeit we have the best RB between both in Jones.

WR room is the closest and very valid argument could be made either way truthfully.

Reaction score
I recently read an article on “Lombardi Ave” that confirmed what I’ve been saying (to a degree)
the 2023 Green Bay Packers Offense is the 2nd youngest Offense since the 1990. Only the 0-16 Cleveland Browns had a younger Offense (by age).

The 2 youngest Offenses since 1990 out of 1,000+ Rosters across 34 seasons.

1. 2017 Cleveland Browns
2. 2023 Green Bay Packers.

However I looked
The 2017 Cleveland Browns had 359 cumulative games played across their 11 man roster (Offense)
The 2023 Green Bay Packers have 239 cumulative games logged (Offense) through week 1

I’m now convinced that no Offense in modern football (nearly 60 years of rosters) was ever less experienced in games played than the 2023 Packers.

Last edited: