Official Packers vs Eagles

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanx for that!

The one I remember the most though is Rex Kramer Danger Seeker and just leave it at that.
If anyone looks it up, you'll see what I mean.
I don't dare post a link to it!
I know what you mean, I just finished watching it online,that skit with 70's body builder Manny Perry playing a fictional football player named Big Jim Slade,former TE for the Kansas City Chiefs is funny,check it out,brings back memories

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanx for that!

The one I remember the most though is Rex Kramer Danger Seeker and just leave it at that.
If anyone looks it up, you'll see what I mean.
I don't dare post a link to it!
Yep all those movies were funny,not bad for a trio of Wisconsin natives and UW alumni

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know what you mean, I just finished watching it online,that skit with 70's body builder Manny Perry playing a fictional football player named Big Jim Slade,former TE for the Kansas City Chiefs is funny,check it out,brings back memories
Yeah, some more good and funny stuff from KFM.
It looks like the whole movie might be on YouTube.

And here is some more trivia regarding the Big Jim skit...
The poor schlub who strikes out, named John Bailey, was on a Sat. morning kid's show called Wonderbug which I remember watching. He also played a drummer named Sticks on Happy Days in a couple episodes, which took place in Milwaukee. (Another Wisconsin connection.)
Later on he actually went into a career in **** films where he then changed his name to Jack Baker.
Since then he has died of bladder cancer in 1994.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is crucial. Should we not win the division, a tiebreaker with the Eagles could be huge in getting a wild card spot. Same thing even if we win the division, it could determine if we get a bye or not.

This game is crucial in another respect, too. It'll be a measure of just how real the Packers are as a Super Bowl contender from the NFC this season. Despite the winning record and the enjoyable blow-outs of the Bears, Vikings and Panthers the Packers haven't won yet this season against a team that is truly playoff caliber. (Miami is only marginally so.)

We can't entirely dismiss the Seattle, Detroit and New Orleans games just because they were on the road. Philadelphia and New England coming in to Lambeau this month will be real tests of whether the Packers are bona fide Super Bowl contenders or, even making the playoffs, are headed toward another elimination short of a Lombardi.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The poor schlub who strikes out, named John Bailey, was on a Sat. morning kid's show called Wonderbug which I remember watching. He also played a drummer named Sticks on Happy Days in a couple episodes, which took place in Milwaukee. (Another Wisconsin connection.)
Later on he actually went into a career in **** films where he then changed his name to Jack Baker.
It's funny a guy who later acted in **** started out having premature ***********.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seems the Zucker bros tried to get Wisconsin connections in their movie

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've also blown out two other teams...

They have a great home record under Rodgers and have been very good at home this season.
That is true but the Eagles are not the Bears,Vikings or Panthers so I am going to approach this home game with guarded optimism. This game does have playoff implications

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You act like their home record is just above .500.

By my count, Rodgers is 30-4 at home since the start of the 2011 season.
I'm just saying teams records at home tend to be better than on the road,if you want,look it up and see if any team has a better record on the road than at home since 2011 or what ever time period, have at it,I remember a time when the Packers had never lost a playoff game at Lambeau but that ended years ago,home field is an advantage but as we have seen it doesn't always assure a victory.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasnt the one sounding condasending about comments about us playing well at home, that was you.
You misconstrued what I was trying to say,I haven't done any research on it but are there any teams that have a better road record than at home? Sorry if I hurt your feelings but while winning on the road is huge,a team should play well at home but some teams don't and those are the teams that just are not very good.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've just skimmed the last few posts, but I think the point is and what I like about it is that their home record isn't even close. T. They play great at home and some teams (us being one of them) are just harder to beat at home it seems. Also, with two good teams like the Packers and Eagles, it isn't about blowing the other team away, it's about finding any kind of an advantage that you can get. And that will favor the home team, especially a home team who is hard to beat like we are when we are at Lambeau.

D

Deleted member 6794

You misconstrued what I was trying to say,I haven't done any research on it but are there any teams that have a better road record than at home?

The Eagles and Chiefs are the only teams having a better winning percentage on the road than at home since 2011.

So while it´s true teams have better records at home the Packers are the 2nd best home team in the league since the start of the 2011 season with a 23-4-1 record (21-1 with Rodgers starting and being able to finish the game).

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will not be a cake walk, as both teams are viewed to be playoff-worthy teams. This is a defining game for both, and I doubt either will lay an egg. I'd probably be leaning towards Eagles winning by 6 or 7 if it was in Philly, but since it's at Lambeau I'm predicting: Packers 27, Eagles 24

Keys: keep McCoy running inside of the tackles, keep Hyde or another S on Sproles as much as possible, give AR at least 2.5 seconds per pass play and he'll find the open man. Crosby will be huge in this game, whether it's a long FG to win or another successful on-side kick to give AR another possession.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles and Chiefs are the only teams having a better winning percentage on the road than at home since 2011.

So while it´s true teams have better records at home the Packers are the 2nd best home team in the league since the start of the 2011 season with a 23-4-1 record (21-1 with Rodgers starting and being able to finish the game).
Thank you for that info but the Eagles being one of those teams doesn't bode well for GB,could be a tough game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

This game will not be a cake walk, as both teams are viewed to be playoff-worthy teams. This is a defining game for both, and I doubt either will lay an egg. I'd probably be leaning towards Eagles winning by 6 or 7 if it was in Philly, but since it's at Lambeau I'm predicting: Packers 27, Eagles 24

Keys: keep McCoy running inside of the tackles, keep Hyde or another S on Sproles as much as possible, give AR at least 2.5 seconds per pass play and he'll find the open man. Crosby will be huge in this game, whether it's a long FG to win or another successful on-side kick to give AR another possession.

Actually the Eagles are better running the football inside the tackles. While I expect Matthews to be lined up inside once again and therefore improving the ILB position the lack of a reliable NT might turn out to be a problem.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for that info but the Eagles being one of those teams doesn't bode well for GB,could be a tough game.

I don't know the exact records that Captain was talking about, but the Eagles had a 10 game home losing streak during that time. The record is probably more about being bad at home than good on the road.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know the exact records that Captain was talking about, but the Eagles had a 10 game home losing streak during that time. The record is probably more about being bad at home than good on the road.

Eagles are 14-15 at home since 2011 with a 10 game losing streak, which you pointed out correctly. Since ending that streak they´ve won 9 in a row at Philadelphia. They´re 15-13 on the road over the same period.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the Eagles are better running the football inside the tackles. While I expect Matthews to be lined up inside once again and therefore improving the ILB position the lack of a reliable NT might turn out to be a problem.
Only if the D allows them to run by playing Dime a lot. I think our CB's (Shields, Williams & Hayward) and Safeties (HaHa, Burnett & Hyde) in varied combinations can negate the Eagles receivers. When our D goes small to prevent damage through the air is when McCoy and/or Sproles will kill us on the ground or short pass game. Keep 3 DL's, 3 (or 4) LB's on the field and force Sanchez to pass. Disguise the coverages and blitzes using the LB's and an occasional Safety blitz, but Dime D will allow them to run for 250+.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ay-packers-breaking-down-green-bays-game-plan

This is great in showing some of the keys that Sanchez (& Kelly) use to determine which play variation to use. Lightening-up "the box" will guarantee that McCoy kills us on the ground. I trust our DB's to hold up more so than the front 7 to consistently stop the run ~ go heavy in the box, IMHO.

D

Deleted member 6794

Only if the D allows them to run by playing Dime a lot. I think our CB's (Shields, Williams & Hayward) and Safeties (HaHa, Burnett & Hyde) in varied combinations can negate the Eagles receivers. When our D goes small to prevent damage through the air is when McCoy and/or Sproles will kill us on the ground or short pass game. Keep 3 DL's, 3 (or 4) LB's on the field and force Sanchez to pass. Disguise the coverages and blitzes using the LB's and an occasional Safety blitz, but Dime D will allow them to run for 250+.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ay-packers-breaking-down-green-bays-game-plan

This is great in showing some of the keys that Sanchez (& Kelly) use to determine which play variation to use. Lightening-up "the box" will guarantee that McCoy kills us on the ground. I trust our DB's to hold up more so than the front 7 to consistently stop the run ~ go heavy in the box, IMHO.

I agree the most important part of the Packers game plan has to be to stop the Eagles from running the ball effectively. They try to run outside the tackles quite often but are actually more succesful running between the tackles to the right side. That´s why the NT and ILBs have to perform at a high level to stop those runs.

Sanchez won´t be able to beat us through the air.

Members online